IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT!

Bar BS3

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hopefully not needed anytime soon, but can those that regularly feel the need to attract attention by posting such drivel, because we’ve lost a few games, please add all posts to this thread and let the rest of us get on with supporting the team..?

If we don’t finish top 6, feel free to grumble on here. 

You usually come across as a sensible poster so can only assume that you have been on the piss in London! 

These kind of threads are just as bad, comes across as very childish and unnecessary. 

Fingers crossed one of those that look after this site will see sense and lock it down 

7 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Fordy you've made many petulant and childish comments about LJ so don't stand the moral high ground with this thread mate......

I stand by everything I’ve said mate but I’m not sure I’ve ever been childish or petulant. If you can find it I’ll concede. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hopefully not needed anytime soon, but can those that regularly feel the need to attract attention by posting such drivel, because we’ve lost a few games, please add all posts to this thread and let the rest of us get on with supporting the team..?

Agh! Drivel it is then. Again. 

This is such a toxic subject, a subject where facts are included or omitted to suit the person posting. Yes LJ has had more to spend than an other manager, that is a fact. But by the same token the players sold have earned  the club more than any other manager has brought in and would go as far as to say more than all our previous manager put together.

We must also remember inflation and the amount of money in football have made silly numbers normal. Remember we paid £1M for Tony Thorpe how much would that be in today's prices? So how much more has he been backed when you take that into account?

During these runs of winning or losing luck has had an impact be it a goal line clearance or a refereeing decision going for or against us. This s no different for any other club. For me a manager should be judged at the end of the season not on a small batch of results unless of course we are spiralling out of control.

Lee Johnson is a marmite subject and I respect people's opinions will differ but making it us and them fuels the toxic nature causing what is tantamount to civil war. We all support the same club, we all want success and entertainment. Could we not give Lee Johnson the remaining 16 games to try to cement our place in the playoffs? If he fails to achieve this then we can reopen the subject. 

This forum is a great place to debate things but does it really need to be so black and white?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Those of us who want (or wanted) Johnson out had (have) genuine concerns about him. 

We won today and put a decent string of results together but still will still feel there are those grounds for concerns. 

Petulant & Childish threads like this do no good mate, grow up a little. 

I agree partially. Perhaps that’s the point..! 

Don’t overreact when good and don’t shout “LJ out” if we lose a few games!

At no point in recently has there been any call for it, other than from those who are waiting for one. 

20 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You usually come across as a sensible poster so can only assume that you have been on the piss in London! 

These kind of threads are just as bad, comes across as very childish and unnecessary. 

Fingers crossed one of those that look after this site will see sense and lock it down 

No, didn’t go today. Been at a wedding. 
Just wanted to put a bit of perspective on the Embarrasing reaction/agenda that some love to display on here. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

To be fair we've had to put up with snidey, cock-sure nonsense from you and others for weeks about how LJ is useless, incompetent, he's lost the dressing room, "anyone could do a better job" etc

Forums and social media are ridiculously reactionary, and whilst I don't particularly approve of the OP, you are guilty of the exact same thing as all the crap you posted a few weeks ago has been proven to be absolute BS in a very short space of time. 

I really can’t remember any of that from @Fordy62, I seem to recollect his opinions were (are?) fairly aligned with mine and the main cause of concern was the football on offer, the dire, boring and uninspiring football that was dished up at home for a spell.  I would not comment on today’s game, didn’t see it, I never comment on games I don’t see.  What I will say is that I have nothing against LJ, I neither love him, nor hate him, but I did have concerns for where we were going.

Am I delighted at this turnaround in form, yes, obviously.  Am I 100% convinced it won’t come back, no, but I’ll keep an open mind until it does or doesn’t.  I would say that is the opinion of a fair few, you obviously get extremes on both sides, some who feel he is the messiah and will forgive any shortcoming, some who have some sort of irrational hate because he is short, because it was nepotism when his Dad played him or some other unfathomable reason.

What you think about football/your team/manager, are just your thoughts. Now some may share those thoughts some may not BUT bottom line is it dont matter.

Move on its just a forum get your minds on things that do matter, football is way down that list.

the dire shit football wouldn't have been so bad if we had been nicking a load of points with it but we weren't and were heading towards another long losing streak. that is always in the back of my mind as lj just has this luck/bad luck of putting good and bad runs together.

even the bbc have called him streaky today in the 5 things you may have missed page.

spirits have been lifted from a run of good results and cracking transfer window so I have no grounds to call out for him right now but I no doubt will get pissed off enough one day to be calling for it again.its what lj does with no signs of it changing although the runs are getting shorter?

35 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

What you think about football/your team/manager, are just your thoughts. Now some may share those thoughts some may not BUT bottom line is it dont matter.

Move on its just a forum get your minds on things that do matter, football is way down that list.

I completely disagree with you.

It does matter.

It maybe just a forum to you and others, who think you can say anything and it won't matter or make any difference...but it does 

The world has changed...the media use Forums and social media as their news feed and use it accordingly.

They see the fickle comments and use them to get bites and numbers etc.

When comments are negative they snowball...and it all feeds back to the Club and players.

The pressure increases  I see more criticism than support, as it's so easy to do these days.

Constructive criticism, and going through games and players form, tactics etc I get...but some of it on here is mindless... absolute clueless sometimes.

Some things spouted have no understanding of modern football and how it works at all. People compare the past and it's impossible..it simply is a different animal. When people say it's a simple game...if only.

Times have changed...attitudes have changed. Expectations have changed. 

We all need to think about what we say. All of us.

Easier to moan than support it seems.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agree

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

I completely disagree with you.

It does matter.

It maybe just a forum to you and others, who think you can say anything and it won't matter or make any difference...but it does 

The world has changed...the media use Forums and social media as their news feed and use it accordingly.

They see the fickle comments and use them to get bites and numbers etc.

When comments are negative they snowball...and it all feeds back to the Club and players.

The pressure increases  I see more criticism than support, as it's so easy to do these days.

Constructive criticism, and going through games and players form, tactics etc I get...but some of it on here is mindless... absolute clueless sometimes.

Some things spouted have no understanding of modern football and how it works at all. People compare the past and it's impossible..it simply is a different animal. When people say it's a simple game...if only.

Times have changed...attitudes have changed. Expectations have changed. 

We all need to think about what we say. All of us.

Easier to moan than support it seems.

@spudski I read Football Hackers on the kindle (I couldn't really see the diagrams or tables very well) and it really shines a light on how complex the modern game has become. I challenge anyone to read it and not come away with a greater respect for those involved at the top end of our game. It was probably you or @Davefevs that mentioned the book in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

@spudski I read Football Hackers on the kindle (I couldn't really see the diagrams or tables very well) and it really shines a light on how complex the modern game has become. I challenge anyone to read it and not come away with a greater respect for those involved at the top end of our game. It was probably you or @Davefevs that mentioned the book in the first place.

It's ridiculous these days.

Especially signing a player. Contracts are nuts. Everything is so complex.

It boils my piss when I read some posts on here and the little understanding of how football and sport in general has moved on.

To put it into context...players are expected to perform and need to perform week in, week out in the same way as an Olympian who has four years to train for one week.

The miles run and intensity with energy run by a player these days is so far removed from years past. Players are literally on their knees at the end of a game....and to reach peak performance for the next game only have a few days to recover...unlike an Olympian or sports person who has weeks or months between competition.

Players are now like race horses...it's that complex. 

That's just the playing side.

Everything is now fine lines...and trying to find that edge.

What's even maddening...on this winning streak we aren't really doing anything much different to our losing streak. It's that fine. We aren't being outplayed and we aren't outplaying anyone. Such fine lines.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

To be fair we've had to put up with snidey, cock-sure nonsense from you and others for weeks about how LJ is useless, incompetent, he's lost the dressing room, "anyone could do a better job" etc

Forums and social media are ridiculously reactionary, and whilst I don't particularly approve of the OP, you are guilty of the exact same thing as all the crap you posted a few weeks ago has been proven to be absolute BS in a very short space of time. 

The difference is, when we lose people post about their dissatisfaction with city's manager Lee Johnson and their belief he isnt the right man for the job. Which is what a fan forum is for - discussing all things city

When we win, a few people put personal attacks towards those for disagreeing with them. Chats like this are personal attacks on those who arent fans of LJ with the intention of further dividing fans and winding up those who arent fans of the manager. 

I am happy to be proven wrong about Johnson and against my previous perceptions he seems to be turning things around and has rebuilt belief within the team. Results are promising. 

However, as a paying fan I've largely been dissatisfied with the poor quality entertainment I've paid my hard earned cash to watch for most of the season. This doesn't change league position or not 

48 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Wasn’t me, but I’ll take a look at it.

I'll just leave this here on this thread;

Form: Last 6 matches (HOME AND AWAY)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Bristol City 6 5 0 1 8 4 +4 15
2 Derby County 6 4 1 1 13 7 +6 13
3 Fulham 6 4 1 1 7 4 +3 13
4 Millwall 6 3 2 1 8 4 +4 11
5 Nottm Forest 6 3 2 1 10 7 +3 11
6 Brentford 6 3 1 2 12 4 +8 10
7 Stoke City 6 3 1 2 8 7 +1 10
8 Middlesbrough 6 2 3 1 8 5 +3 9
9 Swansea City 6 2 3 1 4 4 0 9
10 Wigan Athletic 6 3 0 3 7 8 -1 9
11 Cardiff City 6 2 3 1 7 10 -3 9
12 Blackburn 6 2 2 2 12 8 +4 8
13 Birmingham City 6 2 2 2 12 12 0 8
14 Preston 6 2 2 2 7 7 0 8
15 Leeds Utd 6 2 1 3 9 11 -2 7
16 Huddersfield 6 2 1 3 9 12 -3 7
17 QP Rangers 6 2 0 4 10 9 +1 6
18 Reading 6 1 3 2 5 7 -2 6
19 Hull City 6 2 0 4 5 10 -5 6
20 Charlton 6 1 2 3 6 8 -2 5
21 West Brom 6 1 2 3 6 8 -2 5
22 Barnsley 6 1 1 4 4 9 -5 4
23 Sheffield Wed 6 1 1 4 4 10 -6 4
24 Luton Town 6 1 0 5 6 15 -9 3

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

There are already a dozen or more threads with the same or similar title.

What makes yours so special?

Psychologically, it is much much harder to go from bad to good, than to go the other way. Fact!

Meaning, those that made their minds up from the start or previously that LJ was not good enough (bad) have a much more difficult time changing their minds to deciding he is actually ok or even better than that (good) than those that go from thinking a manager/coach is good at first but then later is poor and needs to be sacked.

And the mental task of those now faced with going from LJ bad to LJ good is made harder still by threads like this, and the many posters itching to remind them of their getting wrong, their fickleness and so on so forth.

That being said, some of those that have laid into LJ on here also bring some of this upon themselves, with the way they address those that have backed LJ during the poor streaks.

Both camps feed of each other.

The worst of LJ - and there has been some club record breaking "bad" during his time here - has been sufficiently negative to make it difficult now for many to be sure that the positive evident right now cannot fully be trusted or supported. Doubt and suspicion lingers on.

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I'll just leave this here on this thread;

Form: Last 6 matches (HOME AND AWAY)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Bristol City 6 5 0 1 8 4 +4 15
2 Derby County 6 4 1 1 13 7 +6 13
3 Fulham 6 4 1 1 7 4 +3 13
4 Millwall 6 3 2 1 8 4 +4 11
5 Nottm Forest 6 3 2 1 10 7 +3 11
6 Brentford 6 3 1 2 12 4 +8 10
7 Stoke City 6 3 1 2 8 7 +1 10
8 Middlesbrough 6 2 3 1 8 5 +3 9
9 Swansea City 6 2 3 1 4 4 0 9
10 Wigan Athletic 6 3 0 3 7 8 -1 9
11 Cardiff City 6 2 3 1 7 10 -3 9
12 Blackburn 6 2 2 2 12 8 +4 8
13 Birmingham City 6 2 2 2 12 12 0 8
14 Preston 6 2 2 2 7 7 0 8
15 Leeds Utd 6 2 1 3 9 11 -2 7
16 Huddersfield 6 2 1 3 9 12 -3 7
17 QP Rangers 6 2 0 4 10 9 +1 6
18 Reading 6 1 3 2 5 7 -2 6
19 Hull City 6 2 0 4 5 10 -5 6
20 Charlton 6 1 2 3 6 8 -2 5
21 West Brom 6 1 2 3 6 8 -2 5
22 Barnsley 6 1 1 4 4 9 -5 4
23 Sheffield Wed 6 1 1 4 4 10 -6 4
24 Luton Town 6 1 0 5 6 15 -9 3

Based on last 8 games from Soccerstats which includes part of bad run. Still good:

Form table (last 8 matches)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Nottm Forest 8 5 2 1 13 7 +6 17
2 Fulham 8 5 2 1 12 8 +4 17
3 Middlesbrough 8 4 3 1 11 6 +5 15
4 Bristol City 8 5 0 3 10 8 +2 15
5 Brentford 8 4 2 2 16 6 +10 14
6 Derby County 8 4 2 2 14 11 +3 14
7 Stoke City 8 4 1 3 12 11 +1 13
8 Millwall 8 3 3 2 10 7 +3 12
9 Reading 8 3 3 2 8 7 +1 12
10 Swansea City 8 3 3 2 6 7 -1 12