IGNORED

Sexy Sammie

Pickle Rick

We ha e an unbelievably good record at sending the right players out on loan for match experience they wouldn't get at BS3. Quite often they then push on to challenge for first team places and more than earn their keep. Surely LJ can't get all the praise for this (certainly not on his critics forum) but who else is making all these clever moves possible? I'd like to know

BCFC continue to benefit from this great recruitment /development/loan out/loan in/sell approach the Club taking. 

Fantastic! 

6 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

We ha e an unbelievably good record at sending the right players out on loan for match experience they wouldn't get at BS3. Quite often they then push on to challenge for first team places and more than earn their keep. Surely LJ can't get all the praise for this (certainly not on his critics forum) but who else is making all these clever moves possible? I'd like to know

BCFC continue to benefit from this great recruitment /development/loan out/loan in/sell approach the Club taking. 

Fantastic! 

wizard of oz steam GIF

37 minutes ago, Meh said:

Should have kept him and loaned out Palmer.

Pointless the latter being here anymore - if he is not getting on pitch as direct replacement for Patterson he is not getting on the pitch at all.

It’s not just about performance on the pitch, although I would argue at least Palmer gets involved when he plays. It’s about attitude and how they settle. I am getting the impression that Szmodics is happier being back on the East side of the country. 
Palmer meanwhile was the first player Paterson celebrated his Reading goal with, no sign of unrest there.

On 02/02/2020 at 02:24, Hampshire Red said:

Fantastic! 

Brian Tinnion is responsible for getting players the right loan club.

Does a fantastic job.

Apologies if posted elsewhere - He didn’t score at the weekend but did grab THREE assists! Fair play to him.

Peterborough fans saying they can’t believe how good he is, too good for league one and up there with Toney in terms of ability. 

We seem to have so many talented players but just struggle to get them playing to their potential. 

On 05/02/2020 at 00:06, bcfc01 said:

Brian Tinnion is responsible for getting players the right loan club.

Does a fantastic job.

I'm thinking perhaps Tinman is now ready for the big job, he certainly has an eye for talent & how to utilise it, which is where we are failing to a certain degree :clap::fingerscrossed:.

46 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I'm thinking perhaps Tinman is now ready for the big job, he certainly has an eye for talent & how to utilise it, which is where we are failing to a certain degree :clap::fingerscrossed:.

Doing a good job of helping to find the right club for a young player and keeping an eye on their progress is not really anything like having the big job is it?

16 hours ago, bpexile said:

Why on earth would we do that as he is doing such a great job in charge of loans ? 

I like Tins but I hope that when LJ goes we will get an upgrade in that post which Tins wouldn’t be .

On 02/02/2020 at 09:13, swanker said:

All our loaned out players are doing it in league 1. The championship is a big step up in quality. From what I’ve seen of Walsh and Szmodics proves that. 

Liam Walsh is still younger than Bobby was when people were writing him off and is one of promotion chasing Coventry’s top performers!

Certainly has the talent to have a bright future here.

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So why did he not play him or keep him here??

Because he probably hasn't quite been good enough this season. Hopefully he improves by next season. The levels of a playoff chasing championship side seem to be quite high.

Sammie and the other players being mentioned in this thread are all playing in lower leagues - just because they manage it there doesn't mean they are ready for for championship level football, they are there to get the game time and develop. We signed Wells - why didn't Burnley just recall him and play him he was scoring loads of goals, which they cold do with? Same reason just because our loan players are performing at League 1 level and below doesn't mean they would have achieved that at upper Championship level. 

7 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sammie and the other players being mentioned in this thread are all playing in lower leagues - just because they manage it there doesn't mean they are ready for for championship level football, they are there to get the game time and develop. We signed Wells - why didn't Burnley just recall him and play him he was scoring loads of goals, which they cold do with? Same reason just because our loan players are performing at League 1 level and below doesn't mean they would have achieved that at upper Championship level. 

100% The Championship is not comparable to L1 . I have high hopes for Walsh - I think he is a player, let’s see what happens.

Archived