IGNORED

Sexy Sammie

Pickle Rick

17 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sammie and the other players being mentioned in this thread are all playing in lower leagues - just because they manage it there doesn't mean they are ready for for championship level football, they are there to get the game time and develop. We signed Wells - why didn't Burnley just recall him and play him he was scoring loads of goals, which they cold do with? Same reason just because our loan players are performing at League 1 level and below doesn't mean they would have achieved that at upper Championship level. 

Which is why we need to be careful in going after Toney at £10m+.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Which is why we need to be careful in going after Toney at £10m+.

Exactly.

Not too many players can make the step up to where we are or want to be directly from L1.

Jack Marriott who by all accounts is a natural finisher has been average since his transfer last season. I know he’s had injuries but he hasn’t been a nailed on first team starter. 

He will probably come good but 10 million gets more quality than Toney .

12 hours ago, marmite said:

Are all our best players out on loan or are they just being allowed to express themselves and play their natural game?

Indeed. 

Was an interesting comment from LJ about Wells not needing coaching. Came a day or so after Wright’s visit.

Wonder if Semenyo’s agent had a word in Wright’s ear about that and a mention of over-coaching was subtly passed on to LJ during the visit? 

On 02/02/2020 at 07:14, swanker said:

If he could do that in the championship he’d be worth a mint. Trouble is, he can’t!  

I think we have to recognise the massive gap between league 1 and the Championship.

The risk of paying big money for a player (particularly a goal scorer) form league 1 is huge.

I would say less than 50% of these buys turn out to be good value

Archived