IGNORED

Big big game Friday against Birmingham

Lez

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

It's interesting that on our bad run in 17/18 season LJ said it wasn't down to tiredness because of what the sports science of things showed in tests they do in training. 

Which suggests to me it is often mental tiredness, rather than any physical data showing up. 

I think Nagy really struggled with too many games, and maybe Massengo did too. 

I imagine that's because they're still adapting to this league. But with Diedhiou I've been surprised by his fitness levels this season. 

Previous seasons he was shattered after 70 odd mins, and not the same player when starting a few days after a game. 

I haven't really seen these problems with him this season.

There's arguments for changing or keeping the same side.

We were knocked out of the League cup on 23 January, then beat QPR with ten men the following weekend. And sat fourth in the table.

We didn't play any more games than any other Championship side that season after the second Man City game. We must've played less than some, as we were out of the FA cup at the first attempt. 

We also added to the squad in that January to see us through to the end of that season. That was less than successful. I'm not sure there are yet stats or diagrams to show squad harmony or otherwise.

We will never know for certain why that team fell away so poorly two years ago. 

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d have him raring to go from the bench again, personally. 
Depends how he takes to things in training this week though I suppose. 

Definitely an option, not sure which way LJ will go as Fam is playing well, and Pato has really made a difference since coming back. A week training will help all 3 integrate, but could make an argument for all 3 to start, or none. Interesting choices to be made.

18 hours ago, MelksRed said:

I really don't like threads like this.....all games have the same standing....all worth 3, 1 or no points........no game is bigger than any other......its pre-conditioning of fans/club approach that gives more gravitas to some games over others.....when in reality.....we have an equal chance of winning, drawing or losing any game against any opposition in the league. 

Rant over.....COYRs

And if the Championship has taught us anything already it’s that you can’t pick and choose where you pick your points up.

It’s the end tally that matters, not if you lose at home to Birmingham.

10 hours ago, The Journalist said:

And if the Championship has taught us anything already it’s that you can’t pick and choose where you pick your points up.

I thought City chose to win them away from home! 

This league is so ridiculous that I won't be making any predictions. I also have no idea what will happen next. Probably draw ten in a row, because that what I least expect...

2 hours ago, leadman said:

been here a few times this season, chance to put daylight between us and 7th place, royally ****** it up every time, ill take 1-0 95th min oggy.  

You're right, this is just the kind of opportunity that we have struggled to rise to in the last 2.5 seasons. I think we might all get a bit excited if we win again. Supporting City is never that simple!

On 03/02/2020 at 08:38, The Journalist said:

That is certainly one of the things this Championship has taught us, agreed, although Preston might take a slight issue with it. 

Another thing this Championship has taught us (or was it OTIB?) is: we cannot (even hope, or ever expect to) compete with the mighty parachute payment clubs. 

This is a holy, sacred, sacrosanct, indelible truth. 

So abandon now all foolish hope of finishing 6th after 46 games because we do not have parachute payments and so it cannot be done. Has never been done. Never will be done. Don't even think it.

Archived