IGNORED

Match Report: Like City, Famara's latest away masterclass is hard to beat

Olé

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Yea I am actually, but no need to get personal hey? Once again, your previous good reputation has just been lowered further.

Maybe in future it's a good idea for you to not accuse our players of doing the opposition favours and then trying to cover up your accusation by pretending it was a sarcastic comment, despite there being no sarcasm in your entire post at all. 

You captured his performance by giving two possibilities, one that he was too keen but then you went on and gave a wild accusation that he was doing the opposition favours. If you dont like the outrage at least make it clear you're being sarcastic! 

You made a mistake, take it on the chin ?

You're the only person on the forum who didn't get the joke!...........but -hey - keep digging ?

13 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Personally, I don't think Fam's attitude or determination has ever been in question. I just think these 'perfect' games happen once in a while

Its not a one off though. He has been excellent for weeks, this one is the cherry on top. Diehdou benefits from better service, all forwards do, which Elliasson provides. NE put in some great deliveries yesterday and it hardly gets noticed as that is what we expect now. The bigger difference is now Hunt has found some form after weeks where he looked like a pub player. 

Its about form. But the form of those around you will effect your ability to find some yourself. Not getting ahead of myself but we look as good as anything in possession and defending the goal  of which Diehdou is now fundamental to both

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks Olé very much.

Spent yesterday afternoon with three guys clearing the house contents to a removal lorry. Thus didn't know anything until we got in the car at five and my wife struggled hilariously to pronounce Diedhiou!

Another well earned three away points and with three new bodies to blend in, will we finally discover the consistency that is paramount to rising up the table and staying there?

Firstly let's not allow Brum to use as their perennial bunnies for the next three points.

Tbf I've got some sympathy with your wife. The commentator on the highlights was pronouncing his name 'dyay-dyou' where's I always thought it was 'dyee-dyou'

Which is right? 

1 hour ago, One man went.... said:

It reminded me of Cheesleys goal at Arsenal.. Proper quality header ..Kick on son your value has rocketed.

It’s the best headed goal I’ve seen by a City player non-live.  Best live was Trevor Morgan v Chester (mid-80s) at AG.

Dieudhiou has certainly improved in recent weeks. I am v interested to seen him in a two with Wells, one of the frustrating things about Famara in this team has been his tendency to play with back to goal and compress play. Wells could benefit from the knockdowns and give defences a different headache with his ability to find space, run and cut in, and play on the shoulder. Has a lot of potential with players like Eliasson and Palmer behind.

I had an Uber driver a while back who was telling me about how much Fam does for the Senegalese community in Bristol. Said he's a really funny bloke and seems like a humble guy.

Always got way too much stick in my opinion but there's no doubt he's had some shockers, it's just the clumsy misses (usually at crucial times in matches) that have frustrated in the past but if he has clamped down on his finishing and sharpened out the general clumsiness then he can be some player. The passion has always been there to see, constantly trying to raise the atmosphere at home games and gee up the crowd. 

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I had an Uber driver a while back who was telling me about how much Fam does for the Senegalese community in Bristol. Said he's a really funny bloke and seems like a humble guy.

Always got way too much stick in my opinion but there's no doubt he's had some shockers, it's just the clumsy misses (usually at crucial times in matches) that have frustrated in the past but if he has clamped down on his finishing and sharpened out the general clumsiness then he can be some player. The passion has always been there to see, constantly trying to raise the atmosphere at home games and gee up the crowd. 

You've hit on an important point there. Maybe he has made lots of friends from that community and feels totally settled in Bristol because of this? He looks to be a person who is loving life and when a player is happy in their personal life then you often see the best of them.

11 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The passion has always been there to see

Disagree.....half the time this season he has looked like he couldn't be arsed......head down,,truly awful body language with the touch of a parks player..

But recently??....suddenly the chin is up & he looks interested - long may it continue.

However = the new 'wham bam Fam' is clearly a result of the boot up the ass that the promise of,,& subsequent arrival of a quality striker has administered......let's hope the 'upgraded attitude can become  self-sustainable...

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Disagree.....half the time this season he has looked like he couldn't be arsed......head down,,truly awful body language with the touch of a parks player..

But recently??....suddenly the chin is up & he looks interested - long may it continue.

However = the new 'wham bam Fam' is clearly a result of the boot up the ass that the promise of,,& subsequent arrival of a quality striker has administered......let's hope the 'upgraded attitude can become  self-sustainable...

I think its been since he scored a goal against Brazil  last year , since then his first touch , hold up play and finishing has  come on a lot! 

Archived