Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Olé

Match Report: Like City, Famara's latest away masterclass is hard to beat

15 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think @Olé once gave Patterson a 10?

Wow! Really?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Haha bet you're fun at parties. Perhaps it would be an idea to read and understand the words "too keen" before you go off on your high horse. Other people seem to have managed to understand that I was giving a pithy, sarcastic remark to capture a performance, the outage isn't necessary.

Yea I am actually, but no need to get personal hey? Once again, your previous good reputation has just been lowered further.

Maybe in future it's a good idea for you to not accuse our players of doing the opposition favours and then trying to cover up your accusation by pretending it was a sarcastic comment, despite there being no sarcasm in your entire post at all. 

You captured his performance by giving two possibilities, one that he was too keen but then you went on and gave a wild accusation that he was doing the opposition favours. If you dont like the outrage at least make it clear you're being sarcastic! 

You made a mistake, take it on the chin 👍

Edited by Up The City!
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Aubergine 1
  • Unicorn 1
  • Rovers 1

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Only negative for me yesterday . He returned to type. Anonymous , not just second half either. He was a 5-10 in my opinion. I hope he can get some consistent form on a par with the reading game because he’s got a lot of ability . History suggests though he won’t. LJ hinted , when he came back from his loan that it’s a mental thing with him. 

The whole point re Paterson is that he is inconsistent....if he wasnt he would be at a better side.....I prefer that to odowda who is consistently poor.

• Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Ole, I'm very disappointed to see you have said this, you are a respected poster but I'm struggling to find any respect when you are accusing one of our own players of acting unprofessional and helping the other team out. 

Wells has shown nothing but professionalism regarding this situation, I cant believe that you of all people, are questioning that professionalism. You are essentially suggesting that he was trying to throw the game to do QPR a favour and that is a complete wild unsubstantiated accusation. 

You seem more offended by a sarcastic remark on a Internet forum, yet you voted for a racist PM who hates the poor 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 8

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yea I am actually, but no need to get personal hey? Once again, your previous good reputation has just been lowered further.

Maybe in future it's a good idea for you to not accuse our players of doing the opposition favours and then trying to cover up your accusation by pretending it was a sarcastic comment, despite there being no sarcasm in your entire post at all. 

You captured his performance by giving two possibilities, one that he was too keen but then you went on and gave a wild accusation that he was doing the opposition favours. If you dont like the outrage at least make it clear you're being sarcastic! 

@Olé I'm sorry mate your reputation on this meaningless football forum has been dashed because UTC overreacted to a joke.

You must be devastated 😥

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

You seem more offended by a sarcastic remark on a Internet forum, yet you voted for a racist PM who hates the poor 🤷‍♂️ 

Stop quoting me! You voted for a terrorist sympathiser! 

49 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think @Olé once gave Patterson a 10?

Ah yeah Millwall last season - better memory than me!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Using the search facility found the follow:-

21 minutes ago, Olé said:

Ah yeah Millwall last season - better memory than me!

I think that actually confirms my CRH comparison. A rarely produced accolade. :)

2 hours ago, Lez said:

The whole point re Paterson is that he is inconsistent....if he wasnt he would be at a better side.....I prefer that to odowda who is consistently poor.

If he performs like yesterday , he won’t be in the side. There’s no excuse for such a dip in performance if it’s mental attitude 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You're the only person on the forum who didn't get the joke!...........but -hey - keep digging 😀

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Personally, I don't think Fam's attitude or determination has ever been in question. I just think these 'perfect' games happen once in a while

Its not a one off though. He has been excellent for weeks, this one is the cherry on top. Diehdou benefits from better service, all forwards do, which Elliasson provides. NE put in some great deliveries yesterday and it hardly gets noticed as that is what we expect now. The bigger difference is now Hunt has found some form after weeks where he looked like a pub player. 

Its about form. But the form of those around you will effect your ability to find some yourself. Not getting ahead of myself but we look as good as anything in possession and defending the goal  of which Diehdou is now fundamental to both

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks Olé very much.

Spent yesterday afternoon with three guys clearing the house contents to a removal lorry. Thus didn't know anything until we got in the car at five and my wife struggled hilariously to pronounce Diedhiou!

Another well earned three away points and with three new bodies to blend in, will we finally discover the consistency that is paramount to rising up the table and staying there?

Firstly let's not allow Brum to use as their perennial bunnies for the next three points.

Tbf I've got some sympathy with your wife. The commentator on the highlights was pronouncing his name 'dyay-dyou' where's I always thought it was 'dyee-dyou'

Which is right? 

1 hour ago, One man went.... said:

It reminded me of Cheesleys goal at Arsenal.. Proper quality header ..Kick on son your value has rocketed.

It’s the best headed goal I’ve seen by a City player non-live.  Best live was Trevor Morgan v Chester (mid-80s) at AG.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Fam was incredible! My QPR fan cousin commented how good he was too. 

#Redcatchman. 

Often see him jogging round the park on a weekday morning

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s the best headed goal I’ve seen by a City player non-live.  Best live was Trevor Morgan v Chester (mid-80s) at AG.

Aden Flint didn’t die for this 

• Haha 1

Dieudhiou has certainly improved in recent weeks. I am v interested to seen him in a two with Wells, one of the frustrating things about Famara in this team has been his tendency to play with back to goal and compress play. Wells could benefit from the knockdowns and give defences a different headache with his ability to find space, run and cut in, and play on the shoulder. Has a lot of potential with players like Eliasson and Palmer behind.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, One man went.... said:

It reminded me of Cheesleys goal at Arsenal.. Proper quality header ..Kick on son your value has rocketed.

The best headed goal I’ve seen was Joe Jordan from a Alan Walsh cross. Made it bump in!

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

The best headed goal I’ve seen was Joe Jordan from a Alan Walsh cross. Made it bump in!

Joe was quality. But Cheese was the best in my humble opinion

• Hmmm 1

I had an Uber driver a while back who was telling me about how much Fam does for the Senegalese community in Bristol. Said he's a really funny bloke and seems like a humble guy.

Always got way too much stick in my opinion but there's no doubt he's had some shockers, it's just the clumsy misses (usually at crucial times in matches) that have frustrated in the past but if he has clamped down on his finishing and sharpened out the general clumsiness then he can be some player. The passion has always been there to see, constantly trying to raise the atmosphere at home games and gee up the crowd. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mick Harford away to Brentford, headed it in from the edge of the 18 yard box :) 

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Mick Harford away to Brentford, headed it in from the edge of the 18 yard box :) 

My hero

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My hero

Aaaw shucks

Oh sorry you meant Mick. :)

8 hours ago, CodeRed said:

LJ pronounces it. Zjaay-joo.........

i gave up on this early doors and stick to joojoo.everyone knows who im on about and it cant be that far off.

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I had an Uber driver a while back who was telling me about how much Fam does for the Senegalese community in Bristol. Said he's a really funny bloke and seems like a humble guy.

Always got way too much stick in my opinion but there's no doubt he's had some shockers, it's just the clumsy misses (usually at crucial times in matches) that have frustrated in the past but if he has clamped down on his finishing and sharpened out the general clumsiness then he can be some player. The passion has always been there to see, constantly trying to raise the atmosphere at home games and gee up the crowd. 

You've hit on an important point there. Maybe he has made lots of friends from that community and feels totally settled in Bristol because of this? He looks to be a person who is loving life and when a player is happy in their personal life then you often see the best of them.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My hero

I was there, we were terrible that day but managed to win the game. We had a goal disallowed as well. 

11 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The passion has always been there to see

Disagree.....half the time this season he has looked like he couldn't be arsed......head down,,truly awful body language with the touch of a parks player..

But recently??....suddenly the chin is up & he looks interested - long may it continue.

However = the new 'wham bam Fam' is clearly a result of the boot up the ass that the promise of,,& subsequent arrival of a quality striker has administered......let's hope the 'upgraded attitude can become  self-sustainable...

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Disagree.....half the time this season he has looked like he couldn't be arsed......head down,,truly awful body language with the touch of a parks player..

But recently??....suddenly the chin is up & he looks interested - long may it continue.

However = the new 'wham bam Fam' is clearly a result of the boot up the ass that the promise of,,& subsequent arrival of a quality striker has administered......let's hope the 'upgraded attitude can become  self-sustainable...

I think its been since he scored a goal against Brazil  last year , since then his first touch , hold up play and finishing has  come on a lot!