IGNORED

Jan Window - Peterboro View

Davefevs

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was us initially, but Brentford I reckon, preparing to replace Watkins, and alleged to have been in for him.

Yeah it was Brentford. He was on sky and said Toney was their main target and they kept throwing the percentage chance of Peterborough getting promoted at him as a reason to sell. Brentford were of the opinion that they might as well sell now as they only have a 21% chance of promotion. 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Living up here, my son is a Posh fan. He ad his mates cannot understand why we've let Szmodics go.

Recently some on this forum have regretted selling Mo Eisa to P'boro'. My son pointed out, he can no longer get in their starting line up.

He's not getting into our team, and he's only there on loan. Lee Johnson says he's part of our future plans, and every loan out helps with FFP. It seems a win-win to me.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The really interesting bit for me was where he talked Toney and mentioned one club having made multiple offers for Toney as their number one target. Confirms he likes the business model of said club, that the club are pushing for prem promotion and that has a good relationship with the CEO (or Director of Football)

Its about 15 minutes in, but it’s either us or Brentford - nobody else ticks said boxes 

Exactly my thoughts. My first thought was us, we definitely seem to have a good relationship with them & I can see him liking our business model. I can also see Ashton saying about Brexit etc. Thought it was a good watch, not sure if I like him or not in all honesty. COYR 

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Yeah it was Brentford. He was on sky and said Toney was their main target and they kept throwing the percentage chance of Peterborough getting promoted at him as a reason to sell. Brentford were of the opinion that they might as well sell now as they only have a 21% chance of promotion. 

That percentage will have increased a fair bit yesterday.

5 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Can't decide if I like MacAnthony or he is an utter tool.

I have a grudging respect for him, over the years they have recruited well and over sold their players.  But he's a bit of a tool and I find him a little smug at times.  But you can't argue that he's good at what he does.

15 hours ago, Xiled said:

Had he not said 'Director of Football' I might have believed it was us. But yes, Toney sounds like a Brentford signing based on their buy/sell model.

I took it to mean us based on the previous comments he made about us earlier on in the interview. 

I wouldn't get too caught up on the DoF description, easy mistake to make. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I took it to mean us based on the previous comments he made about us earlier on in the interview. 

I wouldn't get too caught up on the DoF description, easy mistake to make. 

Pretty sure it was Brentford. There have been interviews with their DOF where it was stated Toney was their top target, which matches up with the repeated offers MacAnthony mentions. 

I came out of that having more respect for DM than previously. Yes he has publicised negotiations with other clubs, but has been respectful to all the clubs mentioned; Maddison is the butt of all his anger, together with the agents. It emphasises again how disruptive the agents are. Maddison, an above average third division footballer has two agents working for him. Yet, at the end of the day he goes to probably the weakest of the clubs available, partly because he doesn’t fancy the traffic in South London!

He could have done without all the details on Maddison but I find it refreshing. No talks of synergy, dna etc. Just gets to the point of this is what we can do, what we tried to do and what we can’t do. I don’t think it affects their business too much.

Most importantly he seems very fair. Example with Toney saying he wouldn’t be happy the rejected approaches but is honest about saying they will look at it again in the summer. I am sure it will be a good fee for them but more importantly a fair fee for an on fire striker. 

As for city I wouldn’t mind this approach at all. Maybe not as detailed and blunt but things like the outgoing deals. We had a fee in mind, or we contacted a few clubs etc. Think it would maybe ease some tensions when things aren’t going great. 

Archived