Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Benik - Player of the season

15 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Just me then haha. 

Maybe I'm a bit soft / love a happy ending. It's just the thought behind it. 

Awkward. 

I know your heart is in the right place but I think it would be a strange gesture. I doubt he’s given Bristol City POTS award a second’s thought. It’ll feel a bit hollow and contrived.

It should rightfully go to the most deserving player.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Depends on the replacement.

If you need to bring in another Kalas because Moore isn’t ready, then that costs you more than extending Baker by a year. Not suggesting a long term extension. 

Would Baker be interested in a one year extension? Think if he continues with the season he is having he could expect a longer contract. 

As far as recruitment depends what we want. It would seem LJ wants a ball playing CB. Baker I don’t think is as awful as some think but he has the pure defender trait if there isn’t something immediately on he gets rid. Might be risky but maybe we go a similar route to when we signed Webster? A young CB with some experience in the league. Been kind of linked with Halme at Barnsley maybe we go that route or something like that? We may find out sooner or later anyway because I don’t think Benkovic came in to cover. 

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Would Baker be interested in a one year extension?

No idea, just providing the financials.

Think if he continues with the season he is having he could expect a longer contract.

Quite possibly.

As far as recruitment depends what we want. It would seem LJ wants a ball playing CB. Baker I don’t think is as awful as some think but he has the pure defender trait if there isn’t something immediately on he gets rid. Might be risky but maybe we go a similar route to when we signed Webster? A young CB with some experience in the league. Been kind of linked with Halme at Barnsley maybe we go that route or something like that?

I don’t believe we have, think that was just @mozo saying he thought he was decent when we played Barnsley away.

We may find out sooner or later anyway because I don’t think Benkovic came in to cover. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know your heart is in the right place but I think it would be a strange gesture. I doubt he’s given Bristol City POTS award a second’s thought. It’ll feel a bit hollow and contrived.

It should rightfully go to the most deserving player.

Agreed.  I think I was having a soppy 5 minutes after seeing his glee at training. 

4 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Agreed.  I think I was having a soppy 5 minutes after seeing his glee at training. 

Nothing wrong with that :)

I just think the support he's getting and the outpouring of support he'll get when he gets on the pitch at AG will mean a lot more to him than a POTS award.

• Like 2

I'm hoping with Afobe that it will be "comeback of the season". To come back from personal tragedy and a potential season ending injury. His attitude and desire to comeback and succeed is an inspiration and an example to us all.

COYR

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Like 1

It's a kind thought from the OP ( and it would have been great to have some more sympathy from some on here instead of the vitriol) but I can't see it's appropriate to make him player of the season. I get the feeling that he knows he is loved by City fans and he knew that even before the horrible tradegy in is life. I think it will be enough to give him a standing ovation when he returns