IGNORED

Do Afobe and Wells have similarities?

Red7

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

There's plenty of discussion about how effective Benik was when working in tandem with Palmer earlier in the season because of the runs he made. Does Wells make the same kind of runs? The few clips I have seen of Wells' goals seem to indicate that he is more of an instinctive finisher than somebody who runs the channels. I may be wrong, though. Anybody got any more detailed insight into this?

39 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

There's plenty of discussion about how effective Benik was when working in tandem with Palmer earlier in the season because of the runs he made. Does Wells make the same kind of runs? The few clips I have seen of Wells' goals seem to indicate that he is more of an instinctive finisher than somebody who runs the channels. I may be wrong, though. Anybody got any more detailed insight into this?

He played with Palmer at Huddersfield during their promotion season. 

42 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

He played with Palmer at Huddersfield during their promotion season. 

He did, but of his 3 assists, none were for Wells, not vice versa for his 4 goals.  Hey-ho.

Having said this, I would imagine Wells’s movement would benefit Kasey.  Got to find a way into the team first!

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He did, but of his 3 assists, none were for Wells, not vice versa for his 4 goals.  Hey-ho.

Having said this, I would imagine Wells’s movement would benefit Kasey.  Got to find a way into the team first!

Am i right in thinking palmer was injured most of that season and not that they couldnt play together?

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fam seems to have come on leaps and bounds in recent weeks. I'd like to see him paired with Wells to see what happens. Weimann seems to be the one who doesn't quite fit at the moment. That said, it depends what the coaching team see on the training ground. Exciting few weeks ahead, I feel.

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

This is exactly the sort of in-depth research I was looking for.

Benik Afobe is an anagram of “be bake info”.

Nahki Wells is an anagram of “Whelk, snails”.

So they should combine to produce some interesting seafood recipes.

I think a decent basic comparison is to say Wells is a poacher, Afobe has a more rounded game and can operate as a number 9 if necessary.

I think they’d work really well together, their movement would compliment eachother and they’re both dangerous in front of goal which causes anxiety to the opposition defence.

They both know where the net is, but it will be interesting to see whether Wells works better with Weimann or Diedhiou over time.

The other thing is what combination of Patto, Eliasson and Weimann would you play in midfield if Wells and Diedhiou hit it off?

I would not want to make too many changes to a winning formula at the moment, so for me, I would use the likes of Wells, Palmer and O'Dowda from the bench to change things if needed and let them stake a claim to start.

I am wondering if Lee might sacrifice Patto for Wells on Friday with Eliasson and Weimann out wide again.

Archived