IGNORED

Team For Birmingham Game

bcfc01

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not 'wrong' at all. Regardless whether Ashton and Rogers are pals, they'd want assurances on gametime. This isn't a business where people do favours for eachother really. Gametime in a club of appropriate quality will always supersede good relationships.

Well, that didn't exactly work for Nketiah at Leeds.

9 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Suprised Henriksen is in everyone's lineups so far bear in mind he hasn't kicked a ball yet this season. I'm not sure he will be anymore than cover between now and the end of the season.

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

No way is Henriksen playing on Friday, hasn't kicked a ball all season, not even been in the country the last few months by all accounts.

Other than for injury there won't be any changes to starting XI.

Just advising that Henriksen played international football for Norway in November and has been training with Rosenborg.

Might not be match fit, granted, but will be pretty fit.

Not dissimilar gap between games and joining City as Williams. Williams was not training with a club, unlike Henriksen, and joined on 23.08, unused sub 31.08, started 14.09.

Suspect Henriksen in better shape. But suspect sub at best Friday. 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not 'wrong' at all. Regardless whether Ashton and Rogers are pals, they'd want assurances on gametime. This isn't a business where people do favours for eachother really. Gametime in a club of appropriate quality will always supersede good relationships.

Apart from promises of gametime don't mean anything as demonstrated by Nketiah at Leeds, Kent when he was with us etc.

Good relationships will always help, if Brendan Rodgers has 3 offers from 3 people, 2 of which are random managers and 1 of which is a personal friend he will at least look at that one first and as demonstrated here it led to us getting the player.

9 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Suprised Henriksen is in everyone's lineups so far bear in mind he hasn't kicked a ball yet this season. I'm not sure he will be anymore than cover between now and the end of the season.

As soon as he's match fit he will be first choice with Smith. Bloke has captained Hull for two seasons at this level, and with the jury out on Nagy, and Massengo being so young, he's gonna be vital for us til the end of the season imo.

6 hours ago, Super said:

Not sure anyone deserves to be dropped after winning 4 LG in a row even Weimann…...

Agree with this to a point but we have potentially better players to pick from now and you also have to take who we are up against into account. We should play our strongest 11 against Brum whoever LJ thinks that might be. Had we signed Messi and Ronaldo in the window, would you still go unchanged?

26 minutes ago, marmite said:

Agree with this to a point but we have potentially better players to pick from now and you also have to take who we are up against into account. We should play our strongest 11 against Brum whoever LJ thinks that might be. Had we signed Messi and Ronaldo in the window, would you still go unchanged?

True. He might feel we can do better.

We seemed fairly comfortable defending I thought. But I feel when defending for your lives, you need to be a threat on the break which maybe we weren't quite enough in these 1-0 wins.

Or LJ may feel we should keep the ball better to relieve pressure which we don't do either.

Not criticising at all. We have looked solid and deserved to win all these games. But if he feels we can improve then he should do what he feels will make us better.

The only worry I have is I feel the key to our performances and new solid look is having Fam as a lone striker.

Going back to 442 may make us more open like we were before.

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Apart from promises of gametime don't mean anything as demonstrated by Nketiah at Leeds, Kent when he was with us etc.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, that didn't exactly work for Nketiah at Leeds.

Using the anecdotal fallacies of Nketiah and Kent don't prove anything - we haven't loaned anyone from Liverpool since and Nketiah.. he was recalled from Leeds. 

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Good relationships will always help, if Brendan Rodgers has 3 offers from 3 people, 2 of which are random managers and 1 of which is a personal friend he will at least look at that one first and as demonstrated here it led to us getting the player.

Of course they help, show me where I said they don't help. I think you're looking for an argument i'm making which isn't there.  

13 hours ago, lost black rat said:

Bentley

Benkovic, Williams, Baker

Eliasson, Henriksen, Smith,, Dasilva

KP45

Diedhiou, Wells

Change the shape at the back when we have had 4 clean sheets in a row absolute madness 

On 03/02/2020 at 08:53, daored said:

Agree - it’s amazing to read people state I’ve never seen X play but should replace Y.   The saying is you shouldn’t change a winning team, but with Lee’s tinkering you never know.

One game this week, highly likely we will see changes next week with two games with Derby & Leeds 

Can't see him changing the forward line or defence, Henriksen might get the nod in midfield with Brownhill gone since Nagy still carrying a knock and he's still being careful with Massengo due to his age, I get the impression his confidence has dipped a bit recently. 

21 hours ago, City18 said:

I know people are saying not to drop a form team, but we have the best striker in the championship off current form in our team now.

Surely the striker with 13 goals, averaging 1 every 120 mins should make his way into our starting line up?

Exactly, Wells has to start. I'd say either replacing Pato with Weimann pushed wide, or if Weimann has a knock it's an easy like for like.

Fam is undroppable at the moment (wow!) And Wells must play to keep him on his goalscoring roll.

I would say Massengo will start again, but with his place now at risk.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s anyone’s guess with the new players being available.

That said, I can’t see the starting 11 being much different to the last two games - why change a winning team?

Exactly, I rather we went out and played to our strengths than changing our formation/players to tactically challenge theirs. 

Don’t think there would be much change from Saturday, but could see LJ potential using Weimann’s dead-leg as being an opportunity to give him a rest.  Hasn’t really rested him all season, QPR (Carabao cup) and even Shrewsbury he played 30 minutes in first tie.  Same with Hunt, why risk him.

Obviously no idea the extent of their knocks.  Was Baker hobbling too?

Anyway, if they aren’t quite 100%, then:

Bentley

Pereira | Williams | Baker | Dasilva

Eliasson | Massengo | Smith (c) | Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

Subs: Wollacott | Benkovic | O’Dowda | Nagy | Henriksen | Weimann | Palmer

Hunt, Kalas, Watkins, Vyner, Afobe (injured)

Maenpaa (because of club developed rule), Rowe as O’Dowda can cover LB.  I don’t include Gilmartin.  We have a strong 25 man playing squad when everyone fit.

I don’t see Henriksen starting, and I don’t see Benkovic coming in straight away with the form of Williams and Baker as a pairing, but we have lots of games, and Williams will need rest.

Think LJ might go with similar system to Saturday but with a couple of tweaks ,I.E wiemann and hunt doubtful

Bentley

pereira      Williams    Baker    Dasilva

Smith

Eliasson        Henrickson     Pato

Wells (Reid role)

Fam 

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think LJ might go with similar system to Saturday but with a couple of tweaks ,I.E wiemann and hunt doubtful

Bentley

pereira      Williams    Baker    Dasilva

Smith

Eliasson        Henrickson     Pato

Wells (Reid role)

Fam 

Boom.

10 hours ago, Chappers said:

Leave well alone, other than maybe Henrikson for Massengo. And let’s not forget that two of our signings have a combined total of zero minutes game time this season.

Both Henriksen and Benkovic have played competitive fixtures this season.  Henriksen’ s was in November admittedly,  Benkovic played against Wigan on 4th Jan (FAC3).

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Both Henriksen and Benkovic have played competitive fixtures this season.  Henriksen’ s was in November admittedly,  Benkovic played against Wigan on 4th Jan (FAC3).

You are right about Benkovic, but I can’t find any record of Henrikson playing this season. Point still remains though, don’t expect too much too soon.

5 hours ago, Nathandao said:

Bentley

Hunt Williams Baker Dasilva

Smith

Eliasson                 Patterson

Palmer

Diedhiou     Wells 

We would lose with that team. We get over run with 2 CMs in a standard 442 let alone with one in a diamond.

brum in good form.

hunt may well be missing after his injury at QPR, if i was to make a change it would be andy for wells, andy been off the boil of late

bentley

benfica,baker,williams,Dasilva

smith     hnm

pato                           eliason

wells

fam

10 hours ago, joenaldo said:

Happy that brum had to play 120 mins on Tuesday but not sure it actually makes a massive difference to a professional footballer! 

Especially as there will be loads of changes to the team that started that game.

It can be discounted imo.

Looking at all the different permutations for our team, LJ has a tough task selecting a team for this game. But I'd guess that Wells will get a start and Diedhiou won't be dropped, so two up top - although I'd like to see us maintain the shape thats contributed to the good run we're on.

Also, LJ has been making noises all week about Williams and his future, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rested but rather he wasn't. If rested, then Benkovic comes in. Does he give Smith a rest given he's not long back from injury and get Henriksen into the team ?

Good strength in depth - nice problem for LJ.

Archived