IGNORED

Team For Birmingham Game

bcfc01

On 06/02/2020 at 04:08, bcfc01 said:

Especially as there will be loads of changes to the team that started that game.

It can be discounted imo.

Looking at all the different permutations for our team, LJ has a tough task selecting a team for this game. But I'd guess that Wells will get a start and Diedhiou won't be dropped, so two up top - although I'd like to see us maintain the shape thats contributed to the good run we're on.

Also, LJ has been making noises all week about Williams and his future, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rested but rather he wasn't. If rested, then Benkovic comes in. Does he give Smith a rest given he's not long back from injury and get Henriksen into the team ?

Good strength in depth - nice problem for LJ.

I think you could be right with most of that, I think Benkovic will start for two reasons 1. Birmingham's threat from set pieces and in the air and 2. The amount of media work he's done on Robins TV suggests he might be involved. 

I also think we will want Wells in the team ASAP and have to be a little unsentimental/harsh with someone. Wells is in form and fresh from player of the month award - we need him up and running and ideally scoring. I guess Wieman will make way if we do start wells as Fam has been in great form and, again, will be important against the aerial threat 

Worried about Lukas Jutkiewicz aerial threat and think he dominates either Williams or Baker at the back post so wouldn't be surprised to see Henriksen, Benkovic or if LJ drops JD for Rowe just for extra height in the team.

Seeing that theyve won 6 out of their last 8 games at AG is also one that gives me shivers. Didnt they send us down at Ashton Gate last time we got relegated?

3 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Worried about Lukas Jutkiewicz aerial threat and think he dominates either Williams or Baker at the back post so wouldn't be surprised to see Henriksen, Benkovic or if LJ drops JD for Rowe just for extra height in the team.

Seeing that theyve won 6 out of their last 8 games at AG is also one that gives me shivers. Didnt they send us down at Ashton Gate last time we got relegated?

If our CBs allow Jutkiewicz to peel onto Dasilva or Hunt in back post situations, it would suggest they aren’t doing their job properly.  They should be very aware if his threat, as should Bentley, who might have to come and punch more often than he does.

As it goes, Dasilva is very good (much better than your typical 5’6”er), gets his body in good positions to make it difficult.

Will be interesting to see if Brum line up with Hogan and Jutkiewicz in a traditional 442...I expect them to, and therefore Korey’s role in front will be very important, even if “with the ball” we play a bit different.

On 03/02/2020 at 07:59, RedEyez said:

This isn’t football manager. For me, we go with the same team, bar any injuries. LJ speaks about players having to play well and keeping the shirt - “The heavy shirt”. What sort of message does it send out now if he just drops a couple of players from a winning team to accommodate new signings? 

Same team please LJ, with the 3 new signings on the bench. 

Fair play to you for telling us this

On 03/02/2020 at 14:18, RedEyez said:

Why is it “pretty likely”?

Im sure you’re right in saying that  Wells And Benkovic didn’t come here to be a sub , but that in itself doesn’t give them the divine right to start on Friday, does it? 

Fair play for giving us you're thoughts!

Archived