IGNORED

Nathan Baker stats - impressive

mightyreds89

Bakers been excellent this season, always frustrating that he can’t ever go 20/30 games without injury if he could I think we’d been even more well placed than we currently are. 

When Baker plays I do always think we look more solid and defend better as a unit I know sometimes there can be grumbles about distribution I’ve not noticed this quite as much this season. First and foremast he does his job defensively and has played well alongside Williams particularly, Williams is decent on the ball but certainly not on the Webster level, albeit different players both Baker and Williams are strong defensively hence why we look so solid with them together. Would be interesting to see how Baker operates alongside the Leicester lad who’s supposed to be big strong and physical but also good at playing out.

Thinking about  our defensive displays this season and particularly the recent run made me think back through matches season to date and recalling that Baker from memory had played in the majority, so I’ve done some digging to see just how good we’ve been defensively with and without Baker, the stats are impressive see below. League games only. 

WITH BAKER 

Played 20
Won 11 (55% win rate)
Drew 6 
Lost 3

Points 39 ( 1.95 per game) 

GF 40 ( 2 per game)

GA 23 ( 1.15 per game) 
Goal difference = +17

Clean sheets 8 (40% of games) 

WITHOUT BAKER 

Played 10 

Won 3 (30% win rate) 

Drew 2 

Lost 5 

Points 11 ( 1.1 per game) 

GF 6 (0.6 per game) 

GA 21 (2.1 per game) 

Goal difference -15 

Clean sheets 3 (30% of games) 

These stats are unreal if we can keep NB fit this would be a hell of a result and could prove pivotal. If he can stay fit and continue with similar numbers he’s tracking POTS for me. He’s been an absolute rock when available.

Our best defender when fit, without a shadow of a doubt (imo ?).

I think that one of the biggest benefits of the Kalas/Webster partnership was that it gave Baker pretty much a rest for a season.

He certainly looks refocused and hasn't been such a liability in terms of injury or suspension this season (touch wood).

23 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

As good of a leader he is I think looking at the potential and performance of Benkovic with Celtic, we play him and Baker, and at 6.4" he's quicker and a colossal presence in the air.

... and that would allow us to keep Fammy forward (or whoever our striker is) when defending an opposition onslaught. 
Fammy is defending as well as being up front atm. If someone else was back there making the headed clearances that he does it would release him to stay forward - meaning that the opposition would need to keep someone back to cover him too. 

20 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Bakers been excellent this season, always frustrating that he can’t ever go 20/30 games without injury if he could I think we’d been even more well placed than we currently are. 

When Baker plays I do always think we look more solid and defend better as a unit I know sometimes there can be grumbles about distribution I’ve not noticed this quite as much this season. First and foremast he does his job defensively and has played well alongside Williams particularly, Williams is decent on the ball but certainly not on the Webster level, albeit different players both Baker and Williams are strong defensively hence why we look so solid with them together. Would be interesting to see how Baker operates alongside the Leicester lad who’s supposed to be big strong and physical but also good at playing out.

Thinking about  our defensive displays this season and particularly the recent run made me think back through matches season to date and recalling that Baker from memory had played in the majority, so I’ve done some digging to see just how good we’ve been defensively with and without Baker, the stats are impressive see below. League games only. 

WITH BAKER 

Played 20
Won 11 (55% win rate)
Drew 6 
Lost 3

Points 39 ( 1.95 per game) 

GF 40 ( 2 per game)

GA 23 ( 1.15 per game) 
Goal difference = +17

Clean sheets 8 (40% of games) 

WITHOUT BAKER 

Played 10 

Won 3 (30% win rate) 

Drew 2 

Lost 5 

Points 11 ( 1.1 per game) 

GF 6 (0.6 per game) 

GA 21 (2.1 per game) 

Goal difference -15 

Clean sheets 3 (30% of games) 

These stats are unreal if we can keep NB fit this would be a hell of a result and could prove pivotal. If he can stay fit and continue with similar numbers he’s tracking POTS for me. He’s been an absolute rock when available.

Agree with most of what you say about Baker, feel so much secure with him there and hopefully the little injuries that he keeps getting is a thing of the past, the one thing I can’t agree with you is when you say Williams distribution is good, personally I feel scared to death when he is on the ball because he just looks so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Archived