IGNORED

Bobby Reid

AshtonGreat

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Great goal. I miss his agility. Such a quick whizzy player with a powerful strike.

He does need a partnering tall striker with him though most of the time. I think when he played up top on his own with Cardiff he struggled. 

Yeah. Weird, and a shame, how he's ended up on much the same level as us, albeit with a probably bigger pay packet! 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What a player. Went to the wrong team in Cardiff. But with the right team I reckon he might do it in the prem.

In the premier league with Cardiff he scored 5 goals at a rate of 1 every 284 minutes (just worse than 1 in 3 games, or if you averaged it over a full league season, it would be 12 goals).

Given the lack of consistency, how bad cardiff were, and the style, I don't think that's too bad at all.

I think he'd be more than capable of playing for a more suitable club in the Premier League.

12 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

In the premier league with Cardiff he scored 5 goals at a rate of 1 every 284 minutes (just worse than 1 in 3 games, or if you averaged it over a full league season, it would be 12 goals).

Given the lack of consistency, how bad cardiff were, and the style, I don't think that's too bad at all.

I think he'd be more than capable of playing for a more suitable club in the Premier League.

Yep. Their fans were saying he should be playing all season too.

4 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

He signed on permanently at the end of the January transfer window

Perfect timing with that goal: "Look Cardiff, here's the player you've just let slip through your hands"!!

Best wishes to Bobby - great to see him on form with Fulham.

47 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Did Cardiff make a profit that we are entitled to a cut of?

"Undisclosed" fee, reported to be about £10m, but the loan fees they've paid will complicate that I'd imagine. Cardiff paid us somewhere between £8 and £10 million depending who you read.

So, probably not, or not much.

I suspect we'll make less from sell ons in the future because we're a bit more canny about selling nowadays. 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

"Undisclosed" fee, reported to be about £10m, but the loan fees they've paid will complicate that I'd imagine. Cardiff paid us somewhere between £8 and £10 million depending who you read.

So, probably not, or not much.

I suspect we'll make less from sell ons in the future because we're a bit more canny about selling nowadays. 

Sell ons are a bit of a gamble so it’s better that we sell for top dollar and move on . Anything coming into the club afterwards is a bonus .

If a player runs down his contract I suppose the selling club would miss out on any potential profit as there wouldn’t be any. 

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How difficult would it be meeting Fulham with Joe and Bobby in their side at the play off final ? 

It'd be difficult in the sense they are both very good players on their day. Emotionally not so much. I'm grateful for their efforts whilst they were here but I care about us going up rather than how they feel and, as professionals, I'm sure they would put their own emotions aside and get on with the job for their new club. 

I think my biggest question would be whether our tendency to win away at Fulham extends across the whole of London or only counts at their home ground...

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It'd be difficult in the sense they are both very good players on their day. Emotionally not so much. I'm grateful for their efforts whilst they were here but I care about us going up rather than how they feel and, as professionals, I'm sure they would put their own emotions aside and get on with the job for their new club. 

I think my biggest question would be whether our tendency to win away at Fulham extends across the whole of London or only counts at their home ground...

Our record in London in the league this season is W2 D1 L1 (wins at QPR and Fulham, draw at Brentford and lost at Charlton). We also won at AFC Wimbledon in pre-season and drew at QPR in the League Cup only to lose on penalties.

Away at Millwall at the end of this month is our final scheduled London game.

52 minutes ago, City18 said:

I know people complain about the atmosphere at Ashton Gate sometimes, but take a look at those plastic clappers they have behind the goal - Up there with the Hull Tiger impressions for cringeness

Indeed and somewhat of a contrast to our reaction when we scored at Craven Cottage....bruises lasted for weeks ??? C...O...Y...R...

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Our record in London in the league this season is W2 D1 L1 (wins at QPR and Fulham, draw at Brentford and lost at Charlton). We also won at AFC Wimbledon in pre-season and drew at QPR in the League Cup only to lose on penalties.

Away at Millwall at the end of this month is our final scheduled London game.

Thanks for that. I had in my head that I couldn't make Millwall away but I've just realised that I made that up and I actually can! Might not have realised until it was too late otherwise.

Not sorted my Leeds ticket yet but I might get to every away game this month bar Huddersfield. Quite pleased about that!

Archived