IGNORED

Lads on loan excelling

bcfc01

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

NM wasn’t ‘ overhyped ‘ he was , quite simply, the best keeper we’ve had at Ashton Gate for donkey’s years and the calm and confident control of his area made him stand out from the others.

He was very unlucky to get injured and lose his place and I suspect that he will leave the club in the summer if LJ wants to promote Max to number two .

To be the best keeper we've had in donkeys years didn't take much doing. I never said I didn't rate him by the way, he's a solid keeper at this level but I still stand by my comment of him being overhyped, a decent keeper yes but the way some spoke about him on here was OTT. He was blessed with arguably the best defence we've ever had in front of him. Bentley is leaps and bounds above Niki. He's a great number 2 though and one I hope we keep as he seems to not mind that role at most of the clubs he's been at. 

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

NM wasn’t ‘ overhyped ‘ he was , quite simply, the best keeper we’ve had at Ashton Gate for donkey’s years and the calm and confident control of his area made him stand out from the others.

He was very unlucky to get injured and lose his place and I suspect that he will leave the club in the summer if LJ wants to promote Max to number two .

Been watching City for decades and Maenpaa is the best keeper for us that I can remember.

Bentley is fine and he's young enough to improve further and needs to be playing to improve but NP is a much safer pair of hands with a better all round game imho. He's extremely unlucky to be effectively number 3 here due to Bentley needing the games and the need for a home grown player on the bench. We are very lucky to have the pair of them here.

Archived