Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Tomas Kalas


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No idea how to share Facebook on here, so had to use twitter and copy.

 

Really don't think we need to rush him back. I'd rather he gets himself fully fit as he seems to have been running at 70% all season. Stick with Williams and Baker for Friday night with Benkovic to cover on the bench. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy really that we don't really know how he fits back in!

I reckon he is our best defender. Or Benkovic could even be better from what I have read about him.

But the current 2 are doing superb.

Very tricky for LJ. I really see him going 5 at the back at some point.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Crazy really that we don't really know how he fits back in!

I reckon he is our best defender. Or Benkovic could even be better from what I have read about him.

But the current 2 are doing superb.

Very tricky for LJ. I really see him going 5 at the back at some point.

 

5-3-2 or 5-3-1-1 Do you think Jon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Crazy really that we don't really know how he fits back in!

I reckon he is our best defender. Or Benkovic could even be better from what I have read about him.

But the current 2 are doing superb.

Very tricky for LJ. I really see him going 5 at the back at some point.

 

Indeed. This is going to sound ridiculous but, at this moment in time, I think Kalas is both our best defender and our fourth choice centre-back. I don't think that will stay the case for long but it is hard to justify dropping Williams or Baker and Benkovic clearly is not here to sit on the bench. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. This is going to sound ridiculous but, at this moment in time, I think Kalas is both our best defender and our fourth choice centre-back. I don't think that will stay the case for long but it is hard to justify dropping Williams or Baker and Benkovic clearly is not here to sit on the bench. 

Benkovic,,baker,,Kalas in a three..simples

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

I wonder with some tough games coming up whether Kalas might get played at right back.

Good god no! Really can’t visualise Kalas overlapping Eliasson to plant a whipped cross onto the head of Diedhiou

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Good god no! Really can’t visualise Kalas overlapping Eliasson to plant a whipped cross onto the head of Diedhiou

Played there quite a bit during his two season’s at Boro.  More capable on the ball than most think, just overshadowed by his good Webster was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Why change the formation when we have had 4 clean sheets in a row madness

Because we might not keep winning and keeping clean sheets.

The Barnsley game we struggled to dominate. Barnsley impressed me, but they were so attacking, I think we should have managed to attack them better than we did.

I think we just about deserved the win in the end. But the home performances are still something that might be a problem for us.

532/352 might be a formation that can get us to dominate in the middle of the park whilst playing 2 strikers. And that can potentially be any 2 out of Fam, Wells, Weimann or Afobe when he is back.

Obviously then we have the problem of Eliasson not playing.

But it's something I feel LJ probably is looking to go to, but is only not doing so just yet because of Eliasson, and because we are on a winning run, but it won't last forever. And then LJ may look at trying it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Because we might not keep winning and keeping clean sheets.

The Barnsley game we struggled to dominate. Barnsley impressed me, but they were so attacking, I think we should have managed to attack them better than we did.

I think we just about deserved the win in the end. But the home performances are still something that might be a problem for us.

532/352 might be a formation that can get us to dominate in the middle of the park whilst playing 2 strikers. And that can potentially be any 2 out of Fam, Wells, Weimann or Afobe when he is back.

Obviously then we have the problem of Eliasson not playing.

But it's something I feel LJ probably is looking to go to, but is only not doing so just yet because of Eliasson, and because we are on a winning run, but it won't last forever. And then LJ may look at trying it.

Not a chance Eliasson will play as frequently as possible settled 4 Henriksen been brought in to add extra steel in midfield I can’t see us going back to wingback formation for the foreseeable future 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Benkovic,,baker,,Kalas in a three..simples

The million dollar question is how do you fit Eliasson in to a side with those at the back? Surely he's undropable on the form he's in this year? Would also be incredibly harsh dropping Williams the way he has been playing recently?

Can't remember a time when we had so much quality strength in depth in pretty much every position, huge respect to Mark Ashton et al for putting it together, exciting times ahead!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Benkovic,,baker,,Kalas in a three..simples

With Hunt and/or Williams dropped? After their performance vs QPR? Not ridiculing this, just interested how dropping anyone from the team which has won 4 back to back with 4 clean sheets can be justified. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add name
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pick the best team you can each game, but taking into account fitness / form / fatigue.  Use your instinct, Lee.  If you think someone looks a bit off the pace, use that as an opportunity to freshen the team.  Don’t pick a team for the game after....too many variables.

With Brownhill gone, Weimann under pressure from a) Fam’s form b) Wells signing, nobody is a guaranteed starter, not even Bentley.

For me that is key.  Then it’s about man-management, players understanding the situation and being kept on their toes.  I don’t see any troublemakers in the squad, and I do think each of the 3 recent signings will bring edge to us, which has been missing.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Change formation after four wins in a row and four clean sheets ? Would be madness!

Understand to a degree, but you quickly get found out in this league. You have to keep morphing to stay ahead of the game, subtle changes (not overhauls) to maintain an edge. Its hard to justify personnel changes when on a winning run, but we have a tough run of games in Feb and I hope LJ will use the squad wisely. We can't expect Williams and Baker to be at their best when playing twice a week!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Best of luck to LJ...

 

To be fair I bet fans wouldn't have wanted any different system to what we saw earlier in the season which was 532.

It's just another option LJ may want to go to. For now obviously keep it very similar to the last 4 league games for obvious reasons.

If we lose and play badly next game then many will straight away be saying we need to make changes.

If we can't put teams away at home fairly consistently then it'll make it a lot harder to make that top 6.

On Eliasson, I don't see why he can't play in that system if we ever change to it. LJ even said he can play in the middle.

I know he won't play him there though.

 

Edited by JonDolman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

To be fair I bet fans wouldn't have wanted any different system to what we saw earlier in the season which was 532.

It's just another option LJ may want to go to. For now obviously keep it very similar to the last 4 league games for obvious reasons.

If we lose and play badly next game then many will straight away be saying we need to make changes.

If we can't put teams away at home fairly consistently then it'll make it a lot harder to make that top 6.

On Eliasson, I don't see why he can't play in that system if we ever change to it. LJ even said he can play in the middle.

I know he won't play him there though.

 

I think he'll want to fit in Wells on Friday and go for it, and rightly so.

So two up top.

What's behind that top two is anyones guess - but Eliasson will play.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Understand to a degree, but you quickly get found out in this league. You have to keep morphing to stay ahead of the game, subtle changes (not overhauls) to maintain an edge. Its hard to justify personnel changes when on a winning run, but we have a tough run of games in Feb and I hope LJ will use the squad wisely. We can't expect Williams and Baker to be at their best when playing twice a week!

Don’t mind personnel changes but I will mind formation changes as that is much more drastic a change 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Benkovic,,baker,,Kalas in a three..simples

Love the way people drop a proven leader and player who has been promoted out of this division for someone who is completely untested at this level or in this country.  I don't doubt he's a good player but we have just kept 4 clean sheets in a row...

The big challenge is going to be Derby on Wednesday followed by Leeds 3 days later...

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...