IGNORED

Tomas Kalas

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No idea how to share Facebook on here, so had to use twitter and copy.

Really don't think we need to rush him back. I'd rather he gets himself fully fit as he seems to have been running at 70% all season. Stick with Williams and Baker for Friday night with Benkovic to cover on the bench. 

Crazy really that we don't really know how he fits back in!

I reckon he is our best defender. Or Benkovic could even be better from what I have read about him.

But the current 2 are doing superb.

Very tricky for LJ. I really see him going 5 at the back at some point.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon he is our best defender. Or Benkovic could even be better from what I have read about him.

5-3-2 or 5-3-1-1 Do you think Jon?

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Indeed. This is going to sound ridiculous but, at this moment in time, I think Kalas is both our best defender and our fourth choice centre-back. I don't think that will stay the case for long but it is hard to justify dropping Williams or Baker and Benkovic clearly is not here to sit on the bench. 

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. This is going to sound ridiculous but, at this moment in time, I think Kalas is both our best defender and our fourth choice centre-back. I don't think that will stay the case for long but it is hard to justify dropping Williams or Baker and Benkovic clearly is not here to sit on the bench. 

Benkovic,,baker,,Kalas in a three..simples

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Good god no! Really can’t visualise Kalas overlapping Eliasson to plant a whipped cross onto the head of Diedhiou

Played there quite a bit during his two season’s at Boro.  More capable on the ball than most think, just overshadowed by his good Webster was.

12 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Why change the formation when we have had 4 clean sheets in a row madness

Because we might not keep winning and keeping clean sheets.

The Barnsley game we struggled to dominate. Barnsley impressed me, but they were so attacking, I think we should have managed to attack them better than we did.

I think we just about deserved the win in the end. But the home performances are still something that might be a problem for us.

532/352 might be a formation that can get us to dominate in the middle of the park whilst playing 2 strikers. And that can potentially be any 2 out of Fam, Wells, Weimann or Afobe when he is back.

Obviously then we have the problem of Eliasson not playing.

But it's something I feel LJ probably is looking to go to, but is only not doing so just yet because of Eliasson, and because we are on a winning run, but it won't last forever. And then LJ may look at trying it.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Because we might not keep winning and keeping clean sheets.

The Barnsley game we struggled to dominate. Barnsley impressed me, but they were so attacking, I think we should have managed to attack them better than we did.

I think we just about deserved the win in the end. But the home performances are still something that might be a problem for us.

532/352 might be a formation that can get us to dominate in the middle of the park whilst playing 2 strikers. And that can potentially be any 2 out of Fam, Wells, Weimann or Afobe when he is back.

Obviously then we have the problem of Eliasson not playing.

But it's something I feel LJ probably is looking to go to, but is only not doing so just yet because of Eliasson, and because we are on a winning run, but it won't last forever. And then LJ may look at trying it.

Not a chance Eliasson will play as frequently as possible settled 4 Henriksen been brought in to add extra steel in midfield I can’t see us going back to wingback formation for the foreseeable future 

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

The million dollar question is how do you fit Eliasson in to a side with those at the back? Surely he's undropable on the form he's in this year? Would also be incredibly harsh dropping Williams the way he has been playing recently?

Can't remember a time when we had so much quality strength in depth in pretty much every position, huge respect to Mark Ashton et al for putting it together, exciting times ahead!

Just pick the best team you can each game, but taking into account fitness / form / fatigue.  Use your instinct, Lee.  If you think someone looks a bit off the pace, use that as an opportunity to freshen the team.  Don’t pick a team for the game after....too many variables.

With Brownhill gone, Weimann under pressure from a) Fam’s form b) Wells signing, nobody is a guaranteed starter, not even Bentley.

For me that is key.  Then it’s about man-management, players understanding the situation and being kept on their toes.  I don’t see any troublemakers in the squad, and I do think each of the 3 recent signings will bring edge to us, which has been missing.

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Change formation after four wins in a row and four clean sheets ? Would be madness!

Understand to a degree, but you quickly get found out in this league. You have to keep morphing to stay ahead of the game, subtle changes (not overhauls) to maintain an edge. Its hard to justify personnel changes when on a winning run, but we have a tough run of games in Feb and I hope LJ will use the squad wisely. We can't expect Williams and Baker to be at their best when playing twice a week!

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Best of luck to LJ...

To be fair I bet fans wouldn't have wanted any different system to what we saw earlier in the season which was 532.

It's just another option LJ may want to go to. For now obviously keep it very similar to the last 4 league games for obvious reasons.

If we lose and play badly next game then many will straight away be saying we need to make changes.

If we can't put teams away at home fairly consistently then it'll make it a lot harder to make that top 6.

On Eliasson, I don't see why he can't play in that system if we ever change to it. LJ even said he can play in the middle.

I know he won't play him there though.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

To be fair I bet fans wouldn't have wanted any different system to what we saw earlier in the season which was 532.

It's just another option LJ may want to go to. For now obviously keep it very similar to the last 4 league games for obvious reasons.

If we lose and play badly next game then many will straight away be saying we need to make changes.

If we can't put teams away at home fairly consistently then it'll make it a lot harder to make that top 6.

On Eliasson, I don't see why he can't play in that system if we ever change to it. LJ even said he can play in the middle.

I know he won't play him there though.

I think he'll want to fit in Wells on Friday and go for it, and rightly so.

So two up top.

What's behind that top two is anyones guess - but Eliasson will play.

9 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Understand to a degree, but you quickly get found out in this league. You have to keep morphing to stay ahead of the game, subtle changes (not overhauls) to maintain an edge. Its hard to justify personnel changes when on a winning run, but we have a tough run of games in Feb and I hope LJ will use the squad wisely. We can't expect Williams and Baker to be at their best when playing twice a week!

Don’t mind personnel changes but I will mind formation changes as that is much more drastic a change 

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Love the way people drop a proven leader and player who has been promoted out of this division for someone who is completely untested at this level or in this country.  I don't doubt he's a good player but we have just kept 4 clean sheets in a row...

The big challenge is going to be Derby on Wednesday followed by Leeds 3 days later...

Archived