IGNORED

150/1...

Aslanovic

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Nobodys promoted yet pal,

The seaon ends in may not February......

The table shows we're similarly strong to Brentford with a similar chance of winning the league. The odds are just wrong. There's no way that Brentford are 20 times more likely to win the league. A bet on City to win... This is one of those rare occasions when you'll get value.

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

Betting with the heart you'd have a couple of quid on the City, betting with your head, Brentford looks like a tidy outsider bet. 

Scoring goals for fun, great goal difference which is worth a point, not that long ago they swept us away at the Gate etc. This could be their year.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

A load of hot air about Brentford, flat track bullies spank us with 10 men, smash a poor Hull and yet only gathered the same points as us and lost 2 more games

Brentford has scored only 5 more than us over 30 games this season. Bearing in mind they scored 16 of those in 3 games( 7 agains Luton, 5 against Hull and 4 agains 10 man City) and notwithstanding the quality of the their football, the reality is that it is their defence that is the real reason they are where they are in the table as they have conceded almost half the number of goals we have.

For all the talk all season of our need for a goalscoring striker, our undoing has been at the other end of the table. Goalscoring wise we are only 1 and 2 goals worse than Fulham and Leeds, neither of whom anyone would describe as goal shy, but the old saying is that strikers win games but defences win championships. It might just be that the most important aspect of January's window is not that we signed a proven goalscorer but that we re-discovered our defensive mojo.

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Brentford has scored only 5 more than us over 30 games this season. Bearing in mind they scored 16 of those in 3 games( 7 agains Luton, 5 against Hull and 4 agains 10 man City) and notwithstanding the quality of the their football, the reality is that it is their defence that is the real reason they are where they are in the table as they have conceded almost half the number of goals we have.

For all the talk all season of our need for a goalscoring striker, our undoing has been at the other end of the table. Goalscoring wise we are only 1 and 2 goals worse than Fulham and Leeds, neither of whom anyone would describe as goal shy, but the old saying is that strikers win games but defences win championships. It might just be that the most important aspect of January's window is not that we signed a proven goalscorer but that we re-discovered our defensive mojo.

Are they the team that are second in the Premier League to 10 man Liverpool? ?

10 hours ago, Henry said:

If people who don’t understand betting.

at 150/1, if you put a tenner on on City to win the league... you lose a tenner

Not if you lay it once the odds start dropping to 100/1 or so. Then you are guaranteed to win approx £7 or £150.

What's the best bet for City to finish outside of the top two or even the top six?

I like to bet on the opposite preferred result when it comes to City, as I have the worst luck ever and usually guarantee City the right result.

That's the bet I'd be interested in.

150/1 Bristol City compared to Brentford who are as low as 11/2 is utterly ridiculous. Everyone should jump on that price. Odds compilers have got it completely wrong. Let's **** them up. Should we win Friday, we will go third and just 3 points off the top and that 150/1 will become 25/1 at best. I'm on. Been to the last 2 away games and seen a different side of this current group. They now believe. What with the quality new signings we can now compete with the best in this League. Bring it on.

20 hours ago, Henry said:

If people who don’t understand betting.

at 150/1, if you put a tenner on on City to win the league... you lose a tenner

9 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not if you lay it once the odds start dropping to 100/1 or so. Then you are guaranteed to win approx £7 or £150.

I think you are mistaking my post for as a serious one.

9 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

I swear its win the league or sack the manager, the mood swings of our fanbase is like a teen-ager ! Playoffs would be a great achievement. Bet on that

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

A decent window on paper yes. But now talk of winning the league :laugh:. Really? 

I don't think anyone on this thread has said City are going to win the league (if they have I've missed it). A few have said the likelihood is better than 1 in 150... which seems difficult to disagree with!

1 hour ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I don't think anyone on this thread has said City are going to win the league (if they have I've missed it). A few have said the likelihood is better than 1 in 150... which seems difficult to disagree with!

We're reading between the lines and assessing the general mood change. A fast change for disaster to looking up is a fair assment. 

But I'd agree those odds are somewhat disrespectful of our form and leauge position. Worth a punt, but can we not jump straight back to STM if you doesn't come off?

Archived