IGNORED

Top six predictions at end of season.

City oz

At the start of the season on a so called super computer the predictions were.

1- Leeds.

2- West Brom.

3- Fulham.

4- Cardiff. (As if)

5- Robins.

6- Notts Forest.

At todays date we have as follows.

1- West Brom ( who I think will take it away easy in the end )

2- Leeds.

3- Fulham.

4- Notts forest.

5- Brentford.

6- Robins.

so at this stage that’s 5 out of 6 in no particular order correct with the “super computer” predictions  except with Brentford coming in the top six and Cardiff dropping out.

I think it will come out more like this and appreciate others 

1- West Brom.

2- Robins ( yes that’s us )

3- Fulham.

4- Brentford.

5- Leeds.

6- Millwall ( expect them to come with a late surge and Notts forest coming in at 7th.

COYR

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

1- Leeds.

2- West Brom.

3- Fulham.

4- Cardiff. (As if)

5- Robins.

6- Notts Forest.

2- Leeds.

3- Fulham.

4- Notts forest.

5- Brentford.

6- Robins.

so at this stage that’s 5 out of 6 in no particular order correct with the “super computer” predictions  except with Brentford coming in the top six and Cardiff dropping out.

1- West Brom.

3- Fulham.

4- Brentford.

5- Leeds.

6- Millwall ( expect them to come with a late surge and Notts forest coming in at 7th.

COYR

Think Forrest will finish top six , personally think there are three teams guaranteed to finish in the top six as things stand.

West Brom, Leeds & Brentford.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Think Forrest will finish top six , personally think there are three teams guaranteed to finish in the top six as things stand.

West Brom, Leeds & Brentford.

Agree on Forrest, wouldn’t be surprised to see us or Brentford drop out as we both have a recent history of going on poor runs - could be the year it changes for both of us though! 

8 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Honestly, the table at the moment and looking whose below us. We have a better squad than every single one. You could even argue a better player in every position. Top 6 is very achievable 

I'd like to believe this. Problem is that I could only name a handful of players from those squads.

I think it is easy to underestimate other sides because we don't know enough about their players. At least that's true in my case. I watch a game and could only tell you how well (or not) our individuals played. Unless an opposition player stands out, or is well known, I usually just come away with a general impression of them as a side. I can rarely say how good individual players are from seeing them live once or twice a season.

I suspect a lot of fans are the same. I think this can lead to over estimating the ability of our players compared to other teams. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ive done a table predictor, and got us having to get a draw against PNE on the last game of the season to make top 6. Can you imagine the stress ?

Sounds like a very probable scenario! Imagine if both teams need a win to make top 6. Head explode emoji doesn't do it justice...

Having seen a couple of Brentford’s games on the tele recently (as well as the thumping they gave us at home) I would heavily back them for top 2, possibly champions. They play some really exciting football and seem to have a huge amount of momentum behind them as well as some class acts in the first 11. 

As for us, history tells me we’ll miss out, but there’s a gut feeling after Saturday felt by myself and others I’ve spoken too that things feel different this year. What that means time will tell. 

1. West Brom

2. Brentford 

3. Fulham 

4. Leeds 

5. Bristol City 

6. Forest 

On paper our squad looks strong, I still am slightly concerned that despite the clean sheets and wins we seem to defend a lot and don't create many clear cut chances. I think this is what people talk about when they discuss xg; not something I truly understand.

Saturday's goal was fantastic, but it was a moment of inspiration. Diedhiou had a couple of other chances that really he should have scored. Hopefully Wells can help with that.

We also have a tough run coming up but we have good momentum.

I think with the incomings top 6 has to be the expectation.

Tipster writing at the start of the season had us finish 2nd behind Fulham.....

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/football/championship/20190730-the-championship-2019-20-betting-tips-predictions

Are Leeds going to bottle it again and carry on the poor form and are WBA going to carry on their bad form as well ? Leeds 7 points from the last 6 games and WBA 5 points. City got 15 points, catching up 8 and 10 points respectively.

I'm looking at the consistency of Fulham and thinking they'll make top 2 with one from Leeds or WBA.

Top 6 is a realistic target for City rather than an expectation.

Fulham

WBA

Leeds

City

Forest

Brentford

With half an eye on Derby.

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

On paper our squad looks strong, I still am slightly concerned that despite the clean sheets and wins we seem to defend a lot and don't create many clear cut chances. I think this is what people talk about when they discuss xg; not something I truly understand.

Saturday's goal was fantastic, but it was a moment of inspiration. Diedhiou had a couple of other chances that really he should have scored. Hopefully Wells can help with that.

We also have a tough run coming up but we have good momentum.

I think with the incomings top 6 has to be the expectation.

Listening to the recent Going up, Going down podcast, they said based on XG and shot creation City have no right to be where we currently are and will likely plumet down the table soon. I'd love to disagree but it's not like we've dominated anyone for 90 minutes more than once or twice this season.

3 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Listening to the recent Going up, Going down podcast, they said based on XG and shot creation City have no right to be where we currently are and will likely plumet down the table soon. I'd love to disagree but it's not like we've dominated anyone for 90 minutes more than once or twice this season.

"They've" been saying that most of the season and we're still up there thanks to having the best shot/goal conversion rate in the division.

10 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Always remember 1-0 to the Arsenal/City.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ive done a table predictor, and got us having to get a draw against PNE on the last game of the season to make top 6. Can you imagine the stress ?

stress.jpg.28101a5f4d4089b8438db057b7dcdf98.jpg

It's so close up the top end of the division, win Friday and we go third. I'm genuinely optimistic with a few big results we could sneak into the autos. We are now the in form team in the league (even if we did have to grind them out). Hopefully our signings can hit the ground running and give us more of a spark on the attacking end of the pitch, although in terms of goals we are fairly high in the division!

Think Johnson et al noticed that out defensive record wasnt great, so looked to strengthen that in the window with Benkovic and Henriksen being a solid midfielder (dont know to much about him).

On the other end of the pitch, Afobe was on grass in his boots working out on his insta the other day. Imagine he is aiming toward the middle of March to get back on the pitch!

5 hours ago, City oz said:

1- Leeds.

2- West Brom.

3- Fulham.

4- Cardiff. (As if)

5- Robins.

6- Notts Forest.

2- Leeds.

3- Fulham.

4- Notts forest.

5- Brentford.

6- Robins.

1- West Brom.

3- Fulham.

4- Brentford.

5- Leeds.

COYR

Swansea instead of Cardiff.

Brentford instead of us (just).

I think we have a great chance of proving me wrong, but its a mad league and every remaining game could see us come unstuck.

Same probably for the teams around us, and of course our contenders won't fancy playing us either but that does look a pretty tough run in.

West Brom

Forest

Leeds

Fulham

City

Brentford

Can't see much change to the top 6 from here on in. Us and Forest recruited well in January which should see us both push on.

The crucial games for us are not against the top 6 but those in positions 6-10, Swansea, Millwall, PNE, Wednesday (and yes Derby to keep them pegged back).

I wasted a lot of time doing a score predictor (which is pretty pointless anyway at this stage of the season - with 192 separate games remaining ?) and the final table was pretty much identical to the table as it stands. So I am obviously incapable of independent thought, and was clearly just letting the current table influence me. 

Archived