IGNORED

Top six predictions at end of season.

City oz

Derby beat Sheff W in the final but the EFL belatedly dock them points which drops them out of the top 6.

Johnson is then summoned to EFL HQ along with Bielsa, manager of the other losing semi-finalist, together with the managers of Brentford and Notts F.

Here they have to play the semi-finals and finals with Subutteo players covered live on TV by Sky.

In the lead up, Bielsa was caught peering through LJ's window at home watching him practice.  This led to dirty Leeds being disqualified and we had a bye to the final where we played Brentford.

With so much riding on the game there were a lot of accusations of cheating by both sides and the managers had many lectures on the difference between a nudge and a flick.

The game was decided by a bizarre goal where Brentford took a goal kick which bounced off one of their defenders and into the net.

And so City were back in the top flight.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm concerned about the optimism on here. Are you forgetting that we're trapped in a cycle of lose 5 out of 6, then win 5 out of 6, and repeat ad infinitum...?!

Related point, and hypothetical question for everyone else too: would you take a guaranteed 5th place now, or take the risk and go for top 2? 

6 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ive done a table predictor, and got us having to get a draw against PNE on the last game of the season to make top 6. Can you imagine the stress ?

Don’t let Shaun McCarthy do any goal celebrations if we do 

Still many variables to consider, suspensions, injuries and that good old Lady Luck that can make or break fortunes 

At this moment in time any of the top 6/7 could get an auto position and further down again for a play off spot

The next four games for us could determine our top 2 auto credentials with potential 6 pointers against WBA & Leeds

4 hours ago, Just8 said:

Listening to the recent Going up, Going down podcast, they said based on XG and shot creation City have no right to be where we currently are and will likely plumet down the table soon. I'd love to disagree but it's not like we've dominated anyone for 90 minutes more than once or twice this season.

Just like no-one’s dominated us either.

22 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Leeds, West Brom, Brentford and Millwall and Blackburn were comfortable at Ashton gate

West Brom ?

Granted, they thrashed us away.

Leeds and Brentford dominated us, no doubt about that.

Millwall and Blackburn ? Easy wins for them but not sure about being dominated.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

West Brom ?

That's what I meant about Millwall and Blackburn they were comfortable, just get the feeling we will lose to Leeds and help them out of a slump and West Brom we will see just not convinced with us as a home team hopefully the new signings will change that

1 hour ago, Robin Wood said:

Leeds, West Brom, Brentford and Millwall and Blackburn were comfortable at Ashton gate

41 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

West Brom ?

I know I’m being pedantic, but Brentford, we were down to 10 men, and even then I didn’t think they dominated us.  Did they have another gear or two? Yep, but I thought be battled away.

I don’t feel MIllwall dominated us at all, played better? Yes, but not dominated.  Blackburn (along with QPR’ on Saturday) are the only games I’ve missed watching.

But all subjective, so no probs.

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Brentford will not get 39 points from their next 16 games. I doubt anyone will hit the two points per game mark. The one thing about the championship is you can't predict it.

Mmmm... Two predictions followed by an assertion that you can’t make predictions!!

13 hours ago, City oz said:

At the start of the season on a so called super computer the predictions were.

1- Leeds.

2- West Brom.

3- Fulham.

4- Cardiff. (As if)

5- Robins.

6- Notts Forest.

At todays date we have as follows.

1- West Brom ( who I think will take it away easy in the end )

2- Leeds.

3- Fulham.

4- Notts forest.

5- Brentford.

6- Robins.

so at this stage that’s 5 out of 6 in no particular order correct with the “super computer” predictions  except with Brentford coming in the top six and Cardiff dropping out.

I think it will come out more like this and appreciate others 

1- West Brom.

2- Robins ( yes that’s us )

3- Fulham.

4- Brentford.

5- Leeds.

6- Millwall ( expect them to come with a late surge and Notts forest coming in at 7th.

COYR

Last time we were promoted to the top division so were WBA

12 hours ago, mozo said:

Sounds like a very probable scenario! Imagine if both teams need a win to make top 6. Head explode emoji doesn't do it justice...

Let’s hope our goal difference is better by then. It would be utter heartbreak to miss out on either the autos or playoffs because of a poor GD. 
The best we can hope for vs Preston is a draw. The footballing gods have decreed that under no account are we allowed to beat them - no matter how good we are and how crap they are (and they’re rather good this season) I really hope we don’t need anything from that game. 

Archived