IGNORED

Hide Nathan Baker - Keith Stroud Ref Friday (Merged)

nickolas

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Anyone remember a ref that sent Tinnion off for kicking the ball away?

I remember it was a ref that was hated by our fans.

EDIT. Was it Rob Styles?

How many times was Tinman sent off for City because I remember him walking once at AG for kicking out at someone once. Straight red. 

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was he the one with the big bushy beard who looked like someone out of a late 60s San Francisco cop show?

He was a short, rotund, officious guy who used to sprint out of the tunnel after half time, rather than walk. He reffed our match at Swindon in the 70's and gave them a goal when the ball had clearly gone over the bar and dropped into the goal because the net wasn't properly fixed to the crossbar! Peter Noble, I think, was the 'scorer' but I think that Kirpatrick changed his decision after consulting with the lino and having the net malfunction pointed out to him. He could have asked us because we were stood right behind the goal in the Town End (how did that happen?) :me?:

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He was a short, rotund, officious guy who used to sprint out of the tunnel after half time, rather than walk. He reffed our match at Swindon in the 70's and gave them a goal when the ball had clearly gone over the bar and dropped into the goal because the net wasn't properly fixed to the crossbar! Peter Noble, I think, was the 'scorer' but I think that Kirpatrick changed his decision after consulting with the lino and having the net malfunction pointed out to him. He could have asked us because we were stood right behind the goal in the Town End (how did that happen?) :me?:

You remember the ref with the most appropriate home town ever - Ray Lewis from Great Bookham. Complete with Hitler moustache!

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

How many times was Tinman sent off for City because I remember him walking once at AG for kicking out at someone once. Straight red. 

Not sure. I just remember that once.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure. I just remember that once.

I remember one at AG where he ran from what seemed like 20 yards and absolutely two footed some bloke, literally on of those that you could see coming to the point I remember me and my mates looking at each other before it happened and said this is gonna be a red. 

Post has run an article today saying that we have an awful record with Stroud in charge, only winning twice. However, before we get too down, Birmingham have no reason to love him either. Looking back on Transfermarkt it would seem Birmingham have also only won twice with him in the middle. He refereed the 2-2 draw between us at St Andrews in 2012.

Referee against Birmingham.

Only covered one game with City so far this season - the 3-2 defeat at Charlton. Although I seem to remember, despite the result, he had a fairly decent game. Despite that... just hearing his name still sends shivers down my spine.

Archived