Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
nickolas

Hide Nathan Baker - Keith Stroud Ref Friday (Merged)

Just seen we have the wonderful Keith Stroud reffing the game on Friday night. Can you just imagine, in front of the Sky cameras. Its gonna be the Keith show again!!!

Might be a valid time to make Baker disappear before fantastic Keith does with a red!

I was looking forward to Friday. Now i’m not with this goon in charge!!🙃

• Like 4
  • Snake 1

He loves the attention, definitely one of those who thinks everyone has turned up to watch him be the star of the show. And being on telly will make him even worse.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He loves the attention, definitely one of those who thinks everyone has turned up to watch him be the star of the show. And being on telly will make him even worse.

Yes it will.

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

He's very over dramatic and self important but I like him. Remember he can be awful for the other team as well.

I think he’s ok. He’s neither a homer or favours any side, generally bad for both!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s ok. He’s neither a homer or favours any side, generally bad for both!!!

That's the thing, I have never left a game thinking he was biased, just absolutely awful. Really is one of the worst refs going. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

That's the thing, I have never left a game thinking he was biased, just absolutely awful. Really is one of the worst refs going. 

That’s kinda what I mean.

Better than your Gavin Ward, Oliver Langford types. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That’s kinda what I mean.

Better than your Gavin Ward, Oliver Langford types. 

Agree with that, and add James Linnington to that list who is another belter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Agree with that, and add James Linnington to that list who is another belter. 

How did I forget him!!!

Geoff Eltringham has been better but he was on my shit list until this season.

All worse that Stroud imho 

We  have got an atrocious record with Keith Stroud refereeing us . Only 4 wins in 21 games , and just the 7 draws. In my opinion he is an attention seeking, drama queen. He’s blatantly anti-City. 
We’ll have to be at our best on Friday and lucky as https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/keith-stroud/bristol-city/4/

Edited by redapple

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

How did I forget him!!!

Geoff Eltringham has been better but he was on my shit list until this season.

All worse that Stroud imho 

Hes Weds v Derby!!!🙄

5 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Scott Duncan.

Enough said.

I have a genuine hatred for him and Villa since THAT game.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Going back further, Roger Kirpatrick anyone?

Didn't he go on to star in Thomas the Tank as the Fat Controller???

:innocent06:

• Like 2

We hear a lot about the shit refs and those we dread seeing, but let's have a mention for those younger up and coming ones that have always impressed you when they've been on Sky or at AG. I'll nominate Robert Jones. Every time I've seen the guy on a TV match he looks in control of the game and never looks fussy. Should become a top Premier ref one day. 

Anyone remember a ref that sent Tinnion off for kicking the ball away?

I remember it was a ref that was hated by our fans.

EDIT. Was it Rob Styles?

Edited by JonDolman

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Anyone remember a ref that sent Tinnion off for kicking the ball away?

I remember it was a ref that was hated by our fans.

EDIT. Was it Rob Styles?

How many times was Tinman sent off for City because I remember him walking once at AG for kicking out at someone once. Straight red. 

Edited by AppyDAZE

Why is it that we seem to get this cuffing funt so often at the gate. I was looking forward to a good game and now I find out this 👺

Sorry, didn't see the original thread, so this has been merged. I'm still livid that the game will be ruined though 

Edited by wendyredredrobin

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Going back further, Roger Kirpatrick anyone?

Was he the one with the big bushy beard who looked like someone out of a late 60s San Francisco cop show?

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was he the one with the big bushy beard who looked like someone out of a late 60s San Francisco cop show?

He was a short, rotund, officious guy who used to sprint out of the tunnel after half time, rather than walk. He reffed our match at Swindon in the 70's and gave them a goal when the ball had clearly gone over the bar and dropped into the goal because the net wasn't properly fixed to the crossbar! Peter Noble, I think, was the 'scorer' but I think that Kirpatrick changed his decision after consulting with the lino and having the net malfunction pointed out to him. He could have asked us because we were stood right behind the goal in the Town End (how did that happen?) :me?:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He was a short, rotund, officious guy who used to sprint out of the tunnel after half time, rather than walk. He reffed our match at Swindon in the 70's and gave them a goal when the ball had clearly gone over the bar and dropped into the goal because the net wasn't properly fixed to the crossbar! Peter Noble, I think, was the 'scorer' but I think that Kirpatrick changed his decision after consulting with the lino and having the net malfunction pointed out to him. He could have asked us because we were stood right behind the goal in the Town End (how did that happen?) :me?:

You remember the ref with the most appropriate home town ever - Ray Lewis from Great Bookham. Complete with Hitler moustache!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

How many times was Tinman sent off for City because I remember him walking once at AG for kicking out at someone once. Straight red. 

Not sure. I just remember that once.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I remember one at AG where he ran from what seemed like 20 yards and absolutely two footed some bloke, literally on of those that you could see coming to the point I remember me and my mates looking at each other before it happened and said this is gonna be a red. 

On 04/02/2020 at 20:51, Spud55 said:

Oh I've left every game I've seen him ref us feeling as if he absolutely detests us with a passion. 

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm thinking possibly Middlesbrough, but I'm probably getting this all wrong come to think of it.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Post has run an article today saying that we have an awful record with Stroud in charge, only winning twice. However, before we get too down, Birmingham have no reason to love him either. Looking back on Transfermarkt it would seem Birmingham have also only won twice with him in the middle. He refereed the 2-2 draw between us at St Andrews in 2012.

Referee against Birmingham.

Only covered one game with City so far this season - the 3-2 defeat at Charlton. Although I seem to remember, despite the result, he had a fairly decent game. Despite that... just hearing his name still sends shivers down my spine.