IGNORED

Advice for attending Bristol Fulham March 7th

Ceefax HMFC

Hi there

I’m looking for a bit of help and advice! A group of us are coming down to Bristol from Edinburgh for the weekend 7/8 March and we fancy heading along to the Bristol Fulham game.

Where is good to go pre match for couple of drinks and the 12.30 game and also where’s the best section to sit at Ashton Gate? 
Then after the game we’re going to head out, anyone have suggestions of where to go or where to avoid on a Saturday night? 

Cheers 

Loads of decent bars and pubs along North St and on along past Ashton Park. 

My personal choice would be here:-

https://www.bristolbeerfactory.co.uk/

its a real ale brewery tap which suits me. 

The choice of beers and ciders in the ground is also very good these days and you can can stroll around 3 sides of the ground if you want. 

Saturday night in town? Spoilt for choice of venues, mostly focused around Corn St and King St and anywhere in between plus bars like the Stable Bar on the harbour side itself which gets very lively  

All depends where you’ll be staying to make it easier to crawl back!

20 minutes ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

Hi there

I’m looking for a bit of help and advice! A group of us are coming down to Bristol from Edinburgh for the weekend 7/8 March and we fancy heading along to the Bristol Fulham game.

Where is good to go pre match for couple of drinks and the 12.30 game and also where’s the best section to sit at Ashton Gate? 
Then after the game we’re going to head out, anyone have suggestions of where to go or where to avoid on a Saturday night? 

Cheers 

Bristol Bears (rugby union)

Or

Bristol Rovers ( the trash from north Bristol)

Or

Bristol City Football Club 

If you want civil and informative information, you should use the correct name of Bristol's senior club. You would not say Manchester v Sheffield would you?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Or

Or

If you want civil and informative information, you should use the correct name of Bristol's senior club. You would not say Manchester v Sheffield would you?

Pretty obvious what he’s talking about. 
Don’t be a dick. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Or

Or

You might say Hull v Cardiff though...

...or Swansea v Leicester

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Or

Or

Don't be a knob.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Or

Or

I think he actually might do that.

Take it as a back handed compliment. Rovers obviously don't exist in his head☝️.

Anyway are there any other combinations of Bristol and Fulham that would be playing each other on that weekend?

Thanks for the replies guys. Will be good to go to a match where we can have a drink in the stadium as well, had forgotten about that! 
We’re a group of guys in mid 30s so as long as we don’t end up in a place full of under 21s that should be fine ?

Apologies to cidered abroad for missing out ‘City’, all message boards have their pedants and grumps! We have guys on our one that would jump on you for not fully typing Heart of Midlothian but it’s not really a big issue for me. 
None of us have been to Bristol City (the place or the football team ?) before so looking forward to ticking another city and stadium off our list! 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Or

Or

Pretty obvious when he mentioned ‘Fulham’ that it wasn’t the bears or gas ....

The ground has a pretty good vibe match days and is probably your best bet given the early kick off. But pace yourself as its England v Wales in the afternoon, where I'm sure you'll want to cheer on...errr... England from one of the local bars. Should set you up for a fun evening. Head for the centre for the evening - lots of bars, etc on the water front if you're still up for it!

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

Love this place:

http://www.lhgbrewpub.com/

And you can hardly go wrong on King Street

If we (Leeds) do somehow accidentally get promoted (and presuming City don't!) it will be one heck of a good away trip replaced by something like Watford?

I love that a Leeds fan is recommending a cool night out in my city, at a place I've never heard of and will almost certainly never get round to going to. 

This despite the fact I've been to the Duchess of York and was there at Leeds Millennium Square for The Specials in 2009.
#getting*******old

2 hours ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

Hi there

Cheers 

Hi mate, and welcome! Ignore the ignorant comments on here - pre match I’d recommend:

https://www.novascotiabristol.co.uk/index

https://www.orchardinn.co.uk

https://masonic-at-bristol.business.site

Post match walk back into town along North Street popping into:

http://www.theoldbookshop.co.uk

Then get yerselves onto the Harbourside - visit:

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/city-of-bristol/shakespeare/?utm_source=g_places&utm_medium=locations&utm_campaign=

https://www.princestreetsocial.com

....and just go with the flow! Hope you have a brill time in our beautiful city!

ED5FDF5F-79ED-4D4D-8A12-B3766DB381EE.jpeg

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Or

Or

You’ve made yourself look a bit of a dick there..! 

If you aren’t sure who he means, as a “foreigner” showing an interest in attending one of our games, when he’s stated the date and opposition, I think it’s you that needs more clarity..!

What a pedantic & unfriendly welcome to someone showing in interest in getting involved with us. Who probably already knows that there’s only OTIB. 

17 hours ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

Hi there

Cheers 

Enjoy the game. But be 200% assured this game may well be a sell out. Thus getting tickets will/could be a problem. 

As for the City thing some get upset. There are two basic schools of thought. Rovers are as irrelevant to us as Bradford Park Avenue are to Bradford City or it’s just a lack of respect to the City and club. Me I’m somewhere in the middle I guess. But if your coming the best advice is if you’re in the pubs is just refer to us as City!!

17 hours ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

Thanks for the replies guys. Will be good to go to a match where we can have a drink in the stadium as well, had forgotten about that! 
We’re a group of guys in mid 30s so as long as we don’t end up in a place full of under 21s that should be fine ?

Apologies to cidered abroad for missing out ‘City’, all message boards have their pedants and grumps! We have guys on our one that would jump on you for not fully typing Heart of Midlothian but it’s not really a big issue for me. 
None of us have been to Bristol City (the place or the football team ?) before so looking forward to ticking another city and stadium off our list! 

Jolly good show. You might find a shop that sells lashings of ginger beer to go with your tuck. What ho! Pip pip old chap 

Meh.......... 

I'm joking BTW. Have a great time mate. Its a top place to have a night out 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Enjoy the game. But be 200% assured this game may well be a sell out. Thus getting tickets will/could be a problem. 

As for the City thing some get upset. There are two basic schools of thought. Rovers are as irrelevant to us as Bradford Park Avenue are to Bradford City or it’s just a lack of respect to the City and club. Me I’m somewhere in the middle I guess. But if your coming the best advice is if you’re in the pubs is just refer to us as City!!

Thanks for the tip, we were half holding off Incase of the odd chance it got moved to tv but I see Leeds Huddersfield is on that day so maybe more chance that will be?! 
I genuinely didn’t think the Non mention of City would be an issue ? again maybe due to being in Scotland and not knowing how big city rivalries are outwith the premier league and what we get to see on tv. However, even in Scotland, anything below championship is a bit of an irrelevance so going to a rovers match was never going to be an option! 

Lee Johnson was an ex Hearts player too albeit during a crazy period for us so always look to see how ex players are getting on!  

21 minutes ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

Thanks for the tip, we were half holding off Incase of the odd chance it got moved to tv but I see Leeds Huddersfield is on that day so maybe more chance that will be?! 
I genuinely didn’t think the Non mention of City would be an issue ? again maybe due to being in Scotland and not knowing how big city rivalries are outwith the premier league and what we get to see on tv. However, even in Scotland, anything below championship is a bit of an irrelevance so going to a rovers match was never going to be an option! 

Lee Johnson was an ex Hearts player too albeit during a crazy period for us so always look to see how ex players are getting on!  

Ok, so you support Edinburgh ?  ?

36 minutes ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

It's already been moved. It's at 12.30pm on the Sat 7th as it's on Sky.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fulham-fixture-picked-for-live-coverage/

1 hour ago, Ceefax HMFC said:

I don’t think the non mention would be an issue either. But humoring the natives helps, particularly at a huge game like this one!

1 hour ago, BoonerNC said:

Did anybody answer Ceefax's question about the best section to sit?

I'll be going to this match and would like to know also, cheers

South Stand is always sold out so it leave the Dolman and the Lansdown.

Dolman is cheaper and the old A block has the cheapest seats in the ground. Generally a good view of the pitch but if it’s sunny you could be practicing the Dolman salute.

Lansdown is more expensive although most seem happy with the view from the top tier.

Pre-match drinks, as others have mentioned North Street is convenient.

Post match try heading to the Nova Scotia and then work your way back along the harbour side to King St. If you like cider stay on the south side of the river and be sure to pop in The Orchard. If you like beer then the north side and The Grain Barge may suit. This side of the harbour also if you want to get leathered really cheaply in the Mardyke.

On 05/02/2020 at 19:29, Badger08 said:

Well, he's on a Bristol City forum, there isn't a rugby team from Fulham that the Bears play and The Gas won't be playing Fulham either unless on FIFA. How much more of the hint do you need you rude cockwomble? 

Maybe he can spell it out in spaghetti hoops for you? Think they should offer you a job in marketing mate, your clearly have the knack for it.  

Road Rage Jam GIF by JamCycling

To be fair spaghetti hoops only say “oooooooooooooooooo” however you arrange them.

The Masonic on North Street is a quality pub. One of my favourites.

Couple times a season, we usually try to do the North Street pub crawl from the ground. A real challenge if you are for it! So long as you don’t give it the big un, you will all be well received.

On 04/02/2020 at 22:55, City Rocker said:

I love that a Leeds fan is recommending a cool night out in my city, at a place I've never heard of and will almost certainly never get round to going to. 

This despite the fact I've been to the Duchess of York and was there at Leeds Millennium Square for The Specials in 2009.
#getting*******old

I'd never heard of it either. It looks cool, so might take a trip there one day. 

You have to support fellow southpaws…

Archived