IGNORED

VAR

reddoh

Having been out at a Birthday celebration I have not watched any football today but instead just going through the reports to get an understanding of how things went

the pool tamed the shrew(expected) BUT the Shrews had a goal ruled out by var is that allowed as their players aren't used to it and should it not only apply to the cheating bar stewards in the prem (and yes I don't know the offside rule  but male).

16 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Having been out at a Birthday celebration I have not watched any football today but instead just going through the reports to get an understanding of how things went

the pool tamed the shrew(expected) BUT the Shrews had a goal ruled out by var is that allowed as their players aren't used to it and should it not only apply to the cheating bar stewards in the prem (and yes I don't know the offside rule  but male).

Pretty sure when we played Man City in the Cup in 17/18, we couldn’t use goal line tech, because it wasn’t in place for both legs, or something like that.

Or maybe it was another cup game, where had there been a replay, it wouldn’t be available.

Personally, I think it’s wrong to have VAR unless it is for both initial tie and replay.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty sure when we played Man City in the Cup in 17/18, we couldn’t use goal line tech, because it wasn’t in place for both legs, or something like that.

Or maybe it was another cup game, where had there been a replay, it wouldn’t be available.

Personally, I think it’s wrong to have VAR unless it is for both initial tie and replay.

Why wasn’t goal line tech available for our games vs Man City? - it was being used in both the premier league and championship that season ...

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why wasn’t goal line tech available for our games vs Man City? - it was being used in both the premier league and championship that season ...

As I said might’ve been another cup game.  Thinking back, it must’ve been at least the season before, because I remember them installing it above our seats for the Stoke game.  Hull - season before???  Dunno, certainly recall something.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was VAR 'Ashton Gate isn't technically ready for VAR! Arsenal vs Chelsea will have it though, so don't worry if you were just really excited for a robot referee.'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/09/manchester-city-vs-bristol-city-league-cup-semi-final-live/ 

It's ludicrous amd completely ridiculous that if this game had taken place at Shrewsbury, their goal would have almost certainly stood. It is a disgrace and stupefying that the playing field is NOT level in the competition called the FA Cup. It degrades the whole nature of the rules, and is a travesty.  Good luck to the young lads of Liverpool, but VAR should be for everyone, or not at all.  Ok, so the goal was correctly ruled out, but the spririt of the game is being eroded by VAR, and it has to be re-examined, as it is not working IMHO.

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

It's ludicrous amd completely ridiculous that if this game had taken place at Shrewsbury, their goal would have almost certainly stood. It is a disgrace and stupefying that the playing field is NOT level in the competition called the FA Cup. It degrades the whole nature of the rules, and is a travesty.  Good luck to the young lads of Liverpool, but VAR should be for everyone, or not at all.  Ok, so the goal was correctly ruled out, but the spririt of the game is being eroded by VAR, and it has to be re-examined, as it is not working IMHO.

The goal was not correctly ruled out. The decision went against IFAB's guidance. VAR is not meant to be used for marginal decisions.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

It was VAR 'Ashton Gate isn't technically ready for VAR! Arsenal vs Chelsea will have it though, so don't worry if you were just really excited for a robot referee.'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/09/manchester-city-vs-bristol-city-league-cup-semi-final-live/ 

@BS4 on Tour... na na na-na na

9 hours ago, hodge said:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@BS4 on Tour... na na na-na na

Not sure what you’re getting at @Davefevs ?! What is this link telling me?!

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That because we didn’t have VAR, Man City couldn’t use it in the first leg. Had to both have VAR to use it. 

Well, all I posted (above) was asking why we couldn’t use GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY vs Man City as it was being used in both the PL and championship when we played Man City - this was in response to you posting that it couldn’t be used when we played Man City as it wasn’t in place when we played them - I didn’t mention VAR at all!

So na na na na na - right back at ya! ✌️??

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Another absolutely **** decision in the Wolves/Leicester game 

I’m actually in favour of VAR, think they need to tweak the process and also some rules need looking at in light of the use of it. 

However, that is ******* shocking. 

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

It showed the player was off side So it was the correct decision

VAR could be a good thing

but the way its being used in this country is killing the game

Well it didn't, the margin of error as quoted by hawkeye is 32 cm I believe so it didn't show anything of the sort. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I hate premier league football so much I'm starting to think I don't even want city to go up.

VAR is just the worst thing to happen to football I hate it a passion. 

Even worse it means that Paul Ince has just made some sense which is frankly a disgrace. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Rules of football applied, VAR isn't the issue its the fact no one thought to look over the rules of football to see if complications could be thrown up by it

Of course VAR is the a big issue in this. If we didn't have the stupid thing no one would be questioning the sort of goal that was ruled out tonight.  No one would care either.

Until it is used to sort out the 'clear and obvious', error, as it promised to do, then it will never be accepted by fans and players. Even then I personally wouldn't want it in the game as it slows it down etc.

14 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

It showed the player was off side So it was the correct decision

VAR could be a good thing

but the way its being used in this country is killing the game

And again. The goal was not correctly ruled out. The decision went against IFAB's guidance. VAR is not meant to be used for marginal decisions. What is occurring is that goals are being ruled out now because doing otherwise and following the official International guidance will harm the integrity of results.

Apologies for re-opening this topic. However I just cannot see where the offside is. The player receives the ball from the corner therefore cannot be offside. Then he passes backwards, so no offside there either. Please can someone with a greater understanding of the laws please explain when and where the offside occurred. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, trickytimes said:

Apologies for re-opening this topic. However I just cannot see where the offside is. The player receives the ball from the corner therefore cannot be offside. Then he passes backwards, so no offside there either. Please can someone with a greater understanding of the laws please explain when and where the offside occurred. Thanks.

This came up a little while ago as I wasn't fully aware of the rule either.

It doesn't matter if the pass was backwards, it's because the Wolves player that received it was ahead of the ball.

Archived