IGNORED

VAR

reddoh

12 hours ago, Trueredsupporter said:

what Neville said was wrong @harry. he does not mention that the Premier league refs think they are bigger than the rest of the world who follow what they are supposed to do. he says he does not get the argument but does not mention IFAB etc who have told the premier league the are wrong. the premier leagues refs now want there to be a margin of error of 10cm which still isn't what the rest of the follow. think about that nonsense 10.99cm you are off 9.99cm your on.

But the point is that, whether rightly or wrongly, the ‘current’ rule is being applied consistently for offsides. 
I hate the piece of shit as much as anyone, but I don’t get the furore over it. We know it’s flawed and absurd, but they can’t do anything about it until next season. They can’t change it mid-season. 

As for the margin of error. It doesn’t matter. At some point there is an onside and an offside. At some point a line is drawn. 
You can have that as any part of the body, just the torso, a leg, the whole body, daylight, 10mm beyond daylight, it doesn’t matter. 
If the rule was daylight + 10mm, there’ll be uproar that someone was off because he was 10.1mm. 

The whole thing is nonsense. I said from day one that bringing it in for offsides was wrong as you don’t have an exact line of sight (like you do on goal line tech). 
But the point I was making also was that they won’t scrap it unless the fans don’t show up to games. 

Archived