IGNORED

4,832!

freezer

52 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Their home average is higher than ours this season so unfortunately not 

This time 2 years ago, equally after a relegation, their average was in the teens, around 16 to 17k as I recall. I am guessing here but reckon this time back down they are heavily discounting all forms of tickets which I think largely explains the somewhat distorted figure. I say distorted because, frankly, they should be averaging about 4k and be a mid sized team in the Conference.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

At 1 point im sure wimbledon vs us at selhurst had the lowest ever attendance for a 3rd round fa cup game

I think it was around 900 and andy may scored a long ranger.

People dont seem bothered about the fa cup no more.

I used to love watching draws, or crowding around a radio in the 80s.

That cant be right, I remember going to that game, City would have had more than 900 there themselves, think it was a very low crowd though. 

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I reckon it was a 3 figure gate.

somebody on here will know.

i went as well and i reckon city had 200 there if that.

3700 odd, we had 11000 in the first game at AG, they were a top flight side back then and as you say sharing Selhurst Park.

Scrap replays. What is the point if a game like that which neither side or the fans are particularly bothered about.

Penalties after 90 mins of original tie. Much more entertaining and gives both sides an equal chance of qualifying for the next round.

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

This time 2 years ago, equally after a relegation, their average was in the teens, around 16 to 17k as I recall. I am guessing here but reckon this time back down they are heavily discounting all forms of tickets which I think largely explains the somewhat distorted figure. I say distorted because, frankly, they should be averaging about 4k and be a mid sized team in the Conference.

I can remember when they were getting 2000 crowds in the league. Big club, my arse.

Not sure we are in a position to criticize? We got less than 10,000 against Shrewsbury, and I think we can be pretty be certain a few thousand of those wouldn't have turned up if it was Tuesday night. 

Those that remember the days Cardiff's home attendances were poor should also remember ours weren't that much better either - I for one definitely remember times when we regularly fell below six thousand (and less!).

We've got several reasons to dislike Cardiff, mock them and generally wind them up, but attendances are definitely not one of them. And frankly, neither should they ever be - attendances fluctuate depending on the success of a team and the general mood surrounding the camp. We're no different in that and the whole 'our fans are better than your fans' is pretty crap...

Given how much the thrill of watching football has been eroded this millennium I doff my cap to anyone who still bothers going. 

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

That cant be right, I remember going to that game, City would have had more than 900 there themselves, think it was a very low crowd though. 

Andy May from outside the box I think? Very foggy memory, but would have been certain we had about a thousand there that night in a crowd of three thousand or so. Am googling as I type!!! 

*UPDATE: found on Wikipedia:  

R3R 14 January 1992 Wimbledon A 1–0 3,747 May

11 hours ago, freezer said:

Attendance for Cardiff v Reading in their FA Cup fourth round replay. 

Shocking. Are they the Welsh version of the gash? 

Cardiff have always been like this: they can get a bigger crowd than our biggest and a smaller crowd than our smallest (check their pitiful averages in the 80s and 90s). 

And before Warnock revived them, they were bottom three or four for away support in the Championship. 

We are more loyal than Cardiff. Fact!

For those on this thread who think the FA Cup doesn’t matter anymore to football fans. I am listening to the Spurs - Southampton game and the noise is incredible. And these are the so called “Premier League Plastics”. Over 5k Southampton fans in London on a Wednesday night.

Some people still care.

im a bit disapointed in klopps outlook to the fa cup.

Playing a team full of kids and lowering the ticket prices isnt on.

paisley, fagan, daglish, always played to win every cup.

They had just as many games but they got on with it.

Ferguson had some nerve pulling out the fa cup years ago, that was unforgivable too.

That cup saved his job.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Ferguson had some nerve pulling out the fa cup years ago, that was unforgivable too.

That cup saved his job.

I think Koop to an extent was making a point about the mid season break.

@Keyardiv - Where are you getting the away following figures from?

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That cup saved his job.

When I listened to that interview, he seemed disappointed himself. But like he said he promised them a break so he stuck with that promise. He saw that as more important.

On 05/02/2020 at 00:14, freezer said:

Attendance for Cardiff v Reading in their FA Cup fourth round replay. 

Shocking. Are they the Welsh version of the gash? 

No it’s the fa cup, and a midweek replay at that, if it were us I expect we would of only had between 7 and 9k 

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yep hes a man of his word, so credit to him for that.

Rightly so hes not worried about the fa cup this year.

I wonder if he would have shown us more respect than shrewsbury?

No, it would of been the same side

On 05/02/2020 at 09:16, poland_exile said:

Not sure we are in a position to criticize? We got less than 10,000 against Shrewsbury, and I think we can be pretty be certain a few thousand of those wouldn't have turned up if it was Tuesday night. 

Those that remember the days Cardiff's home attendances were poor should also remember ours weren't that much better either - I for one definitely remember times when we regularly fell below six thousand (and less!).

We've got several reasons to dislike Cardiff, mock them and generally wind them up, but attendances are definitely not one of them. And frankly, neither should they ever be - attendances fluctuate depending on the success of a team and the general mood surrounding the camp. We're no different in that and the whole 'our fans are better than your fans' is pretty crap...

Given how much the thrill of watching football has been eroded this millennium I doff my cap to anyone who still bothers going. 

Given that our fan base has changed so much in the last 2 decades I don’t think we are doing too badly. 18000 ST holders this season who mainly bought knowing we weren’t going to be staying up last year. Feb is the tightest month of the year and a third game v Reading wasn’t particularly appealing with 5 important games this month.  Bang on about the thrill of football being eroded since 2000.....more atmosphere watching my 8 year old play on a Saturday morning.

Archived