IGNORED

Help on Sky one day ticket please

cidered abroad

4 minutes ago, stoke giiford red said:

If your talking about a now tv pass then it would be more value if you get week pass with the 2 games coming up on sky 

Thanks. Yes the first site I found was Now TV.

If I buy a week does it start as soon as I pay or start when activated? Never used anything like it before so a total novice on such modern technology. Does it work on ordinary tv or on my laptop?

On a separate note. How can I watch the brum game on Saturday? I don’t have any way of recording the game and I’m out Friday night. I do have sky, but don’t have their recording mechanism. 

Edit - now tv gives you a voucher, it’s only activated once you tell it to. It depends on your tv, if you have an Xbox you can download the app, otherwise just use your laptop. Get an hdmi cable and you can get it onto your tv that way

18 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

On a separate note. How can I watch the brum game on Saturday? I don’t have any way of recording the game and I’m out Friday night. I do have sky, but don’t have their recording mechanism. 

Edit - now tv gives you a voucher, it’s only activated once you tell it to. It depends on your tv, if you have an Xbox you can download the app, otherwise just use your laptop. Get an hdmi cable and you can get it onto your tv that way

Probably not much help to you, but it is on Sky again 6am Saturday!

50 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks for replies to my recent post about Sky pubs near Bovey Tracey.

Just realised I can buy one day Sky sports to see Brum and Derby while I'm on hols here. 

Do I buy for a specific day? Or is a one day pass for any day in the future?

Appreciate any help given.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/now-tv-sky-sports-pass-1-week-10078580-pdt.html?store=1574&&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=2928af81-b29b-476c-a180-ac5de265a98e&istItemId=mtxtrlwm&istBid=t&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0042%20(PLA)%20VISION%20CONTENT~0042%20(PLA)%20VISION%20CONTENT%20ad%20group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700051303906670&tgtid=0042%20(PLA)%20VISION%20CONTENT&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4aSxyPm55wIVh63tCh01bwILEAQYASABEgJyvPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 week pass for £10 there ?

But i've just seen on the NOW tv website, you can pay just under £15 and get the week pass + it gives you 5 months free on your mobile.

58 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks. Yes the first site I found was Now TV.

If I buy a week does it start as soon as I pay or start when activated? Never used anything like it before so a total novice on such modern technology. Does it work on ordinary tv or on my laptop?

If you buy a week (or day) pass on now tv, the time doesn’t start until you activate it and start viewing. 

It’s worth not leaving that to the last second though, just incase there’s any problems with the code that need sorting out. Not that’s ever usually an issue. 

You can watch via the Now TV app on any device, but it’s worth getting a £20 HDMI stick, which you can plug into any TV, anywhere you’ve got WiFi, for better viewing. 
They don’t stream in HD and it runs about 20/30 seconds behind real time, but other than that it’s a great option. Far better, imo, than expensive sky subscriptions, unless you like to watch lots of other games. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks for replies to my recent post about Sky pubs near Bovey Tracey.

Just realised I can buy one day Sky sports to see Brum and Derby while I'm on hols here. 

Do I buy for a specific day? Or is a one day pass for any day in the future?

Appreciate any help given.

on holiday in bovey tracey. be sure to check out the marble museum.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Can I be cheeky..and ask if i can get that link?

.....as i'm in Cornwall for a week I won't be able to get to the Gate for those matches.

I always post them on the match day thread anyway but I'll PM you too in case you miss it 

4 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I can send you a link to watch both games for free if you'd rather.

Very kind but I've now cracked it and ordered a weeks viewing.

3 hours ago, city1983 said:

on holiday in bovey tracey. be sure to check out the marble museum.

Already been there several times.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you buy a week (or day) pass on now tv, the time doesn’t start until you activate it and start viewing. 

It’s worth not leaving that to the last second though, just incase there’s any problems with the code that need sorting out. Not that’s ever usually an issue. 

You can watch via the Now TV app on any device, but it’s worth getting a £20 HDMI stick, which you can plug into any TV, anywhere you’ve got WiFi, for better viewing. 
They don’t stream in HD and it runs about 20/30 seconds behind real time, but other than that it’s a great option. Far better, imo, than expensive sky subscriptions, unless you like to watch lots of other games. 

Thanks for the tips. I'm the sort who will activate it at least two days before, and log in and out a dozen times to ensure no problems. I'll watch on laptop as wifey will be hogging the TV.

Gotta beat the Blues, one of our jinx sides. When we were in the First Division we could always get wins against the Liverpool. Man U and Chelsea but always seemed to lose at home to the likes of Brum, Boro etc. 

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

1 week pass for £10 there ?

But i've just seen on the NOW tv website, you can pay just under £15 and get the week pass + it gives you 5 months free on your mobile.

Thanks for that. I'm currently down with the flu/laryngitis thing the symptoms of which are similar to the Chinese Coronavirus! Doubtful I'll be able to go out to a friend's to watch it on Friday.

However, a day pass on their own website sounds brilliant. Straight to laptop and then out via hdmi to the projector. Ok, not HD quality but it'll do. The 5 month free mobile pass as a back up is a deal clincher. I know you can't chromecast it from your phone but even so, a great back up.

Screenshot_20200205-123347_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks for that. I'm currently down with the flu/laryngitis thing the symptoms of which are similar to the Chinese Coronavirus! Doubtful I'll be able to go out to a friend's to watch it on Friday.

However, a day pass on their own website sounds brilliant. Straight to laptop and then out via hdmi to the projector. Ok, not HD quality but it'll do. The 5 month free mobile pass as a back up is a deal clincher. I know you can't chromecast it from your phone but even so, a great back up.

Get the week one mate, at least then you can watch both games Friday & Wednesday on your projector!

44 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

The problem with the sky mobile pass it it doesn’t give you any sports channels apart from the main one or premier league one. 
I tried it before and then it didn’t include the channel that we were showing on. 
That’s only on Sky mobile though. The General Now tv day/week pass is a great option. 

Thanks Bar for your info. I've just read the t&c and it's like you inferred. if I had to use the mobile app on Friday, I could watch Hull v Hull KR on Arena and the freebie Mix (free to Sky subs on the satellite hd box) but no BCFC. Next season, definitely on the Premier League channel!

However, our next game vs Wayne Rooney's DC (maybe with should call him Batman) is on Sky Action and no other channel! Sky Action is one of the 5 mobile apps! This means I can watch it.

If you treat the mobile app as an emergency back up, it'll be worth it!

Screenshot_20200205-140315_Chrome.jpg

Archived