IGNORED

Careful what you wear at 'The London Stadium'!

phantom

Lads and ladies. 

Lets not forget; we live in a free and liberal nation where we encourage diversity and freedom of expression. We want people to be free to be the people they choose to be and express that in any which way we feel.

Unless your views don’t match our agenda and all of a sudden we ain’t so inclusive anymore baby.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

horrible ******* club....

I would guess it's more to do with the three Amigos at the helm.

What's amazing in the business world they're all successful in their own fields but continuously make a mess of anything that they get involved with within football 

Cant wait to visit the Olympic Stadium next season. A shit football ground but never less a iconic venue because of the 2012 Olympics. 

Tbf football grounds are private land, you can be banned for absolutely anything and there is barely anything you can do. Need to be on your best behaviour these days or you could be out. Not saying it's right but those are the current rules which he agreed to, which we all agree to when we buy a ticket.

27 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Cant wait to visit the Olympic Stadium next season. A shit football ground but never less a iconic venue because of the 2012 Olympics. 

Tbf football grounds are private land, you can be banned for absolutely anything and there is barely anything you can do. Need to be on your best behaviour these days or you could be out. Not saying it's right but those are the current rules which he agreed to, which we all agree to when we buy a ticket.

Mr Know it all spouting rubbish again 

Been there plenty of times, nobody who has been there for football rugby or baseball would call it iconic! 

It's a carcass of the Stadium it was for the Olympics 

3 minutes ago, Down Town said:

Been there plenty of times, nobody who has been there for football rugby or baseball would call it iconic! 

As I said, it's a shit football ground, did you not read that? 

Its iconic because it held the 2012 Olympics which for Great Britain was a memorable Olympics. So for that reason I look forward to going there. Wembley is iconic because of its entire history. Looks totally different to how it looked in 1966 tho but it's still in the exact same place where such memorable historic events happened.

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

As I said, it's a shit football ground, did you not read that? 

Its iconic because it held the 2012 Olympics which for Great Britain was a memorable Olympics. So for that reason I look forward to going there. Wembley is iconic because of its entire history. Looks totally different to how it looked in 1966 tho but it's still in the exact same place where such memorable historic events happened.

Blimey you type some utter shit on here

They must have been the 4th best supported club in london.

I noticed at 1 point they were getting bigger gates than arsenel.

I think i read they sold the most season tickets in london at 1 point as well.

No wonder spurs wanted that ground too..

No wonder the fans aint happy about the board.

You think about it the gate revenue has doubled from upton park, they should be signing top rop players.

8 hours ago, Down Town said:

I would call it iconic. Iconic isn't always positive. 

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

My friend who supports Bournemouth certainly did not call it iconic, thought it was a truly awful stadium. 

I thought it was great when I saw some Paralympics there but it has obviously changed. I actually have been back once since West Ham took over but that was for para athletics too so still have not seen football there. It did not make a massive impression on me the second time but would still look forward to going there if they come down or we go up...

The issue with the Olympic Stadium is that it should have been constructed with the intent that it was going to have a very short period of its life as an athletics stadium, and then the rest as a football ground. It was instead built with pretty much nothing but the Olympics in mind and while that’s great in the short term, it has led to the issues that we see now.

11 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Lads and ladies. 

Lets not forget; we live in a free and liberal nation where we encourage diversity and freedom of expression. We want people to be free to be the people they choose to be and express that in any which way we feel.

Unless your views don’t match our agenda and all of a sudden we ain’t so inclusive anymore baby.

Be prepared for it to happen at Ashton Gate in the future. Will become the norm everywhere. 

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

They must have been the 4th best supported club in london.

I noticed at 1 point they were getting bigger gates than arsenel.

I think i read they sold the most season tickets in london at 1 point as well.

No wonder spurs wanted that ground too..

No wonder the fans aint happy about the board.

You think about it the gate revenue has doubled from upton park, they should be signing top rop players.

They lost £28.2m last season- what is that if not quite heavy expenditure?

How they managed to lose that much though, is a bit of a mystery- think they have better players than their League position suggests but check the accounts- incredible they should lose not far off 30 million given the bumped up gates and cheap rents.

That said, there are so I've read cheap season tickets there- cheap by PL standards or cheap outright I don't know, but the ST/Cash ratio may not be as high as appeared!

Perhaps to a point, but the player expenditure last season was heavy. Dare say Pellegrini and his staff weren't cheap either.

Wage bill- ie the club wage bill, including social security costs NI etc and pension costs went up as per accounts by 29 million so...that's an additional cost to transfers and how they're accounted for (amortised).

Point is they have been pushing the boat out a bit- but if there are cheap season tickets then that would account for gate revenue not being as high as expected- says Match Receipts 'only' £27m or thereabouts! When considering their attendances etc...

11 hours ago, Down Town said:

10 hours ago, Down Town said:

Blimey you type some utter shit on here

Bit strong isn't it mate?

I think the hundreds of thousands of volunteers and members of the public who went to watch the Olympics in 2012 would probably disagree with you (me included). I worked there and got to watch Usain Bolt win the 100m, the stadium is pretty iconic in my eyes. Admittedly a shit football stadium, but not sure how you came to the conclusion that UTC is talking 'utter shit' 

Archived