IGNORED

Careful what you wear at 'The London Stadium'!

phantom

He wouldnt have been selected to go on the pitch at ashton gate, thats the diffrence.

Who let him on the pitch should be sacked, not a supporter with a discreet message on his t shirt.

Its well known the match day staff at west ham arent up to much..

A savvy matchday host would have had a word and said do your coat up mate, il get grief.

They are a joke.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Let’s not pretend it’d be any different if you went into the City pitch with ‘Lansdown Out’ or similar on your t shirt. 

I disagree I don't think any other club would so be self righteous that they would do this

This chap at West Ham was wearing a coat too so nothing high visible

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

A grand institution of a club that's been utterly wrecked. A cautionary tale for modern football if ever there was. 

Very much so. 

The old West Ham was a beautiful Gibson Les Paul guitar, whereas the modern West Ham has all the soul and authenticity of a cheap and tacky mp3 player. 

They might play the same music, but in a completely different way. 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Let’s not pretend it’d be any different if you went into the City pitch with ‘Lansdown Out’ or similar on your t shirt. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I disagree I don't think any other club would so be self righteous that they would do this

This chap at West Ham was wearing a coat too so nothing high visible

Trust me, Lansdown can be ruthless, most billionaires are but I've heard one or two things about Landowns ruthlessness which I wont go into here, from respected people.

You only have to look at things like the disabled tickets, the premier seating in the Williams, the St George flag display to see how ruthless he can be if he chooses. 

If you or I owned a football club, put our own money etc into it and someone was wearing a T shirt saying they wanted you out, let's not pretend we wouldnt have that person kicked out. 

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Trust me, Lansdown can be ruthless, most billionaires are but I've heard one or two things about Landowns ruthlessness which I wont go into here, from respected people.

You only have to look at things like the disabled tickets, the premier seating in the Williams, the St George flag display to see how ruthless he can be if he chooses. 

If you or I owned a football club, put our own money etc into it and someone was wearing a T shirt saying they wanted you out, let's not pretend we wouldnt have that person kicked out. 

Think that was more JL- assume you're referring to the Cardiff 2017 game- but point taken in general!

35 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Im almost starting to feel sorry for these sensitive billionaire creatures.

Next they might shut down radio phone ins, forums, and whatever outlet we have to air our grievances.

There will always be punters at every club who dislike the manager or chairman.

They are removed from reality.

I understand the point you're making but would you really act any differently if you were in that position?

Yes, i would.

Im aware you will never please everyone.

Hes obviously a proper fan to be a flag bearer.

Look at the grief ed woodwatds had from fans last week, a mob going to his house.

And those 2 are worried about a t shirt? I understand it made them look bad, but if they didnt penny pinch and hired savvy staff this wouldnt have happened.

9 hours ago, Chappers said:

My friend who supports Bournemouth certainly did not call it iconic, thought it was a truly awful stadium. 

A bit like Rovers, mind the gap....literally.

CpCGs_hW8AA858_.thumb.jpg.e95ef9ad82a32309cfc9b85b9ca08a34.jpg

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That said, there are so I've read cheap season tickets there- cheap by PL standards or cheap outright I don't know, but the ST/Cash ratio may not be as high as appeared!

They were almost giving their season tickets away for the first few years in the Olympic Stadium and were paying paltry rent by Premier League standards. Plus they kept all the revenue for selling Upton Park to a housing developer.

It's the sort of deal that Bristol Rovers have been looking for throughout my lifetime.

If/when they get relegated, they'll be left with reduced income in a stadium they rent that's too large to generate an atmosphere. By selling cheap season tickets for several years they've probably cemented their own fate with fans who more often turned up to watch the opposition rather than support the home team.

Greed got the better of them and I can see it backfiring very badly if they drop out of the Premier League. No sympathy whatsover.

9 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

The issue with the Olympic Stadium is that it should have been constructed with the intent that it was going to have a very short period of its life as an athletics stadium, and then the rest as a football ground. It was instead built with pretty much nothing but the Olympics in mind and while that’s great in the short term, it has led to the issues that we see now.

They fudged the whole process of it up, wasnt it designed to be easily converted into a 20k permanent athletics stadium? They said it would never be used as a football stadium and only for athletics. That was a idiotic decision and one that has cost the tax payer 100s of millions. As you said, should have been designed with the intent of being a football stadium, just like the Etihad was. It's hard to believe that the Etihad once hosted the Commonwealth games. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

They fudged the whole process of it up, wasnt it designed to be easily converted into a 20k permanent athletics stadium? They said it would never be used as a football stadium and only for athletics. That was a idiotic decision and one that has cost the tax payer 100s of millions. As you said, should have been designed with the intent of being a football stadium, just like the Etihad was. It's hard to believe that the Etihad once hosted the Commonwealth games. 

With hindsight, they should have knocked it down and put the land to good use. 

Archived