Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
phantom

Careful what you wear at 'The London Stadium'!

Things are certainly going to pieces at West Ham! 

I am curious how he can be banned from away games as it's not illegal for someone else to buy him a ticket 

IMG_20200205_161113.jpg

IMG_20200205_161108.jpg

8 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I don’t get it? What am I missing other than he appears to have put his daughters jeans on in a rush to get to the match? 

im assuming and guessing also a bit that tubsters t shirt says "GSB OUT" ….which leads to gold Sullivan and brady?...if it aint that then **** knows.....

That's exactly what it was,  he wore a GSB OUT T shirt.  

Fans have been wearing them as part of the Gold Sullivan Brady out protests.

Lads and ladies. 

Lets not forget; we live in a free and liberal nation where we encourage diversity and freedom of expression. We want people to be free to be the people they choose to be and express that in any which way we feel.

Unless your views don’t match our agenda and all of a sudden we ain’t so inclusive anymore baby.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

horrible ******* club....

I would guess it's more to do with the three Amigos at the helm.

What's amazing in the business world they're all successful in their own fields but continuously make a mess of anything that they get involved with within football 

Cant wait to visit the Olympic Stadium next season. A shit football ground but never less a iconic venue because of the 2012 Olympics. 

Tbf football grounds are private land, you can be banned for absolutely anything and there is barely anything you can do. Need to be on your best behaviour these days or you could be out. Not saying it's right but those are the current rules which he agreed to, which we all agree to when we buy a ticket.

27 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Cant wait to visit the Olympic Stadium next season. A shit football ground but never less a iconic venue because of the 2012 Olympics. 

Tbf football grounds are private land, you can be banned for absolutely anything and there is barely anything you can do. Need to be on your best behaviour these days or you could be out. Not saying it's right but those are the current rules which he agreed to, which we all agree to when we buy a ticket.

Mr Know it all spouting rubbish again 

Been there plenty of times, nobody who has been there for football rugby or baseball would call it iconic! 

It's a carcass of the Stadium it was for the Olympics 

3 minutes ago, Down Town said:

Been there plenty of times, nobody who has been there for football rugby or baseball would call it iconic! 

As I said, it's a shit football ground, did you not read that? 

Its iconic because it held the 2012 Olympics which for Great Britain was a memorable Olympics. So for that reason I look forward to going there. Wembley is iconic because of its entire history. Looks totally different to how it looked in 1966 tho but it's still in the exact same place where such memorable historic events happened.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

As I said, it's a shit football ground, did you not read that? 

Its iconic because it held the 2012 Olympics which for Great Britain was a memorable Olympics. So for that reason I look forward to going there. Wembley is iconic because of its entire history. Looks totally different to how it looked in 1966 tho but it's still in the exact same place where such memorable historic events happened.

Blimey you type some utter shit on here

They must have been the 4th best supported club in london.

I noticed at 1 point they were getting bigger gates than arsenel.

I think i read they sold the most season tickets in london at 1 point as well.

No wonder spurs wanted that ground too..

No wonder the fans aint happy about the board.

You think about it the gate revenue has doubled from upton park, they should be signing top rop players.

8 hours ago, Down Town said:

I would call it iconic. Iconic isn't always positive. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Selred said:

I would call it iconic. Iconic isn't always positive. 

My friend who supports Bournemouth certainly did not call it iconic, thought it was a truly awful stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

My friend who supports Bournemouth certainly did not call it iconic, thought it was a truly awful stadium. 

I thought it was great when I saw some Paralympics there but it has obviously changed. I actually have been back once since West Ham took over but that was for para athletics too so still have not seen football there. It did not make a massive impression on me the second time but would still look forward to going there if they come down or we go up...

The issue with the Olympic Stadium is that it should have been constructed with the intent that it was going to have a very short period of its life as an athletics stadium, and then the rest as a football ground. It was instead built with pretty much nothing but the Olympics in mind and while that’s great in the short term, it has led to the issues that we see now.

11 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Lads and ladies. 

Lets not forget; we live in a free and liberal nation where we encourage diversity and freedom of expression. We want people to be free to be the people they choose to be and express that in any which way we feel.

Unless your views don’t match our agenda and all of a sudden we ain’t so inclusive anymore baby.

Be prepared for it to happen at Ashton Gate in the future. Will become the norm everywhere. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

They must have been the 4th best supported club in london.

I noticed at 1 point they were getting bigger gates than arsenel.

I think i read they sold the most season tickets in london at 1 point as well.

No wonder spurs wanted that ground too..

No wonder the fans aint happy about the board.

You think about it the gate revenue has doubled from upton park, they should be signing top rop players.

They lost £28.2m last season- what is that if not quite heavy expenditure?

How they managed to lose that much though, is a bit of a mystery- think they have better players than their League position suggests but check the accounts- incredible they should lose not far off 30 million given the bumped up gates and cheap rents.

That said, there are so I've read cheap season tickets there- cheap by PL standards or cheap outright I don't know, but the ST/Cash ratio may not be as high as appeared!

If the board of west ham cant make money in the postion they are in. they would have been gone years ago.

Those 2 arent the type to stick around if there aint no money floating about.

Take out merchants, known for it.

Perhaps to a point, but the player expenditure last season was heavy. Dare say Pellegrini and his staff weren't cheap either.

Wage bill- ie the club wage bill, including social security costs NI etc and pension costs went up as per accounts by 29 million so...that's an additional cost to transfers and how they're accounted for (amortised).

Point is they have been pushing the boat out a bit- but if there are cheap season tickets then that would account for gate revenue not being as high as expected- says Match Receipts 'only' £27m or thereabouts! When considering their attendances etc...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 hours ago, Down Town said:

10 hours ago, Down Town said:

Blimey you type some utter shit on here

Bit strong isn't it mate?

I think the hundreds of thousands of volunteers and members of the public who went to watch the Olympics in 2012 would probably disagree with you (me included). I worked there and got to watch Usain Bolt win the 100m, the stadium is pretty iconic in my eyes. Admittedly a shit football stadium, but not sure how you came to the conclusion that UTC is talking 'utter shit' 

Edited by underhanded
  • Like 2

I wonder if gold and sullivan banned that guy for the t shirt?

Ive never known a health and safety person take a concern in peoples t shirts before?

Small minded, and that just shows you how those 2 treat fans.

Purely money men who will wave any scarf for a few quid.

He wouldnt have been selected to go on the pitch at ashton gate, thats the diffrence.

Who let him on the pitch should be sacked, not a supporter with a discreet message on his t shirt.

Its well known the match day staff at west ham arent up to much..

A savvy matchday host would have had a word and said do your coat up mate, il get grief.

They are a joke.

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Let’s not pretend it’d be any different if you went into the City pitch with ‘Lansdown Out’ or similar on your t shirt. 

I disagree I don't think any other club would so be self righteous that they would do this

This chap at West Ham was wearing a coat too so nothing high visible

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

I disagree I don't think any other club would so be self righteous that they would do this

Try it and find out. I wouldn’t be that confident :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

A grand institution of a club that's been utterly wrecked. A cautionary tale for modern football if ever there was. 

Very much so. 

The old West Ham was a beautiful Gibson Les Paul guitar, whereas the modern West Ham has all the soul and authenticity of a cheap and tacky mp3 player. 

They might play the same music, but in a completely different way. 

Edited by CotswoldRed
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

Let's hope that both West Ham and the other claret & blue team in the division go down.

A bit harsh on poor old Josh: he has only just joined them 😉.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Let’s not pretend it’d be any different if you went into the City pitch with ‘Lansdown Out’ or similar on your t shirt. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Trust me, Lansdown can be ruthless, most billionaires are but I've heard one or two things about Landowns ruthlessness which I wont go into here, from respected people.

You only have to look at things like the disabled tickets, the premier seating in the Williams, the St George flag display to see how ruthless he can be if he chooses. 

If you or I owned a football club, put our own money etc into it and someone was wearing a T shirt saying they wanted you out, let's not pretend we wouldnt have that person kicked out. 

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Trust me, Lansdown can be ruthless, most billionaires are but I've heard one or two things about Landowns ruthlessness which I wont go into here, from respected people.

You only have to look at things like the disabled tickets, the premier seating in the Williams, the St George flag display to see how ruthless he can be if he chooses. 

If you or I owned a football club, put our own money etc into it and someone was wearing a T shirt saying they wanted you out, let's not pretend we wouldnt have that person kicked out. 

Think that was more JL- assume you're referring to the Cardiff 2017 game- but point taken in general!

Im almost starting to feel sorry for these sensitive billionaire creatures.

Next they might shut down radio phone ins, forums, and whatever outlet we have to air our grievances.

There will always be punters at every club who dislike the manager or chairman.

They are removed from reality.

35 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Im almost starting to feel sorry for these sensitive billionaire creatures.

Next they might shut down radio phone ins, forums, and whatever outlet we have to air our grievances.

There will always be punters at every club who dislike the manager or chairman.

They are removed from reality.

I understand the point you're making but would you really act any differently if you were in that position?

Yes, i would.

Im aware you will never please everyone.

Hes obviously a proper fan to be a flag bearer.

Look at the grief ed woodwatds had from fans last week, a mob going to his house.

And those 2 are worried about a t shirt? I understand it made them look bad, but if they didnt penny pinch and hired savvy staff this wouldnt have happened.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A bit harsh on poor old Josh: he has only just joined them 😉.

Oh yeah, forgot about them...just to clarify that I meant Aston Vile rather than our new-found friends at Turd Moor.

9 hours ago, Chappers said:

A bit like Rovers, mind the gap....literally.

CpCGs_hW8AA858_.thumb.jpg.e95ef9ad82a32309cfc9b85b9ca08a34.jpg

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That said, there are so I've read cheap season tickets there- cheap by PL standards or cheap outright I don't know, but the ST/Cash ratio may not be as high as appeared!

They were almost giving their season tickets away for the first few years in the Olympic Stadium and were paying paltry rent by Premier League standards. Plus they kept all the revenue for selling Upton Park to a housing developer.

It's the sort of deal that Bristol Rovers have been looking for throughout my lifetime.

If/when they get relegated, they'll be left with reduced income in a stadium they rent that's too large to generate an atmosphere. By selling cheap season tickets for several years they've probably cemented their own fate with fans who more often turned up to watch the opposition rather than support the home team.

Greed got the better of them and I can see it backfiring very badly if they drop out of the Premier League. No sympathy whatsover.

Edited by Xiled
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

The issue with the Olympic Stadium is that it should have been constructed with the intent that it was going to have a very short period of its life as an athletics stadium, and then the rest as a football ground. It was instead built with pretty much nothing but the Olympics in mind and while that’s great in the short term, it has led to the issues that we see now.

They fudged the whole process of it up, wasnt it designed to be easily converted into a 20k permanent athletics stadium? They said it would never be used as a football stadium and only for athletics. That was a idiotic decision and one that has cost the tax payer 100s of millions. As you said, should have been designed with the intent of being a football stadium, just like the Etihad was. It's hard to believe that the Etihad once hosted the Commonwealth games. 

9 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Be prepared for it to happen at Ashton Gate in the future. Will become the norm everywhere. 

Sorry mate but I reject those comments about our ground.

And if you don’t like that you can text in to the Ashton Gate complaints hotline 🤣

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

They fudged the whole process of it up, wasnt it designed to be easily converted into a 20k permanent athletics stadium? They said it would never be used as a football stadium and only for athletics. That was a idiotic decision and one that has cost the tax payer 100s of millions. As you said, should have been designed with the intent of being a football stadium, just like the Etihad was. It's hard to believe that the Etihad once hosted the Commonwealth games. 

With hindsight, they should have knocked it down and put the land to good use.