IGNORED

When have we been wrong?

bcfcredandwhite

Come on - we have all been wrong at some point where City are concerned. 
For my part I admit to the following:

Bentley - underwhelmed and the Brentford fans were not very complementary - how wrong was I?!!

Afobe - again underwhelmed. Why would Stoke loan him out when they themselves needed a goal scorer?

Diedhiou - a ‘meh’ signing for me - but recently is really proving himself. 

I don’t post much negativity on here in case the players read the forum, but those were top signings that I didn’t recognise at the time. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Come on - we have all been wrong at some point where City are concerned. 
For my part I admit to the following:

Bentley - underwhelmed and the Brentford fans were not very complementary - how wrong was I?!!

Afobe - again underwhelmed. Why would Stoke loan him out when they themselves needed a goal scorer?

Diedhiou - a ‘meh’ signing for me - but recently is really proving himself. 

I don’t post much negativity on here in case the players read the forum, but those were top signings that I didn’t recognise at the time. 

Oddly, Bents and Fam were the only ones that gave me some hope.

Just put me down as ‘guilty’ for the rest.

In mitigation m’lord, I did remain loyal to The Lansdowns and the Bristol Sport concept. Well, for most of the time. 

Could all go ‘pear-shaped’ yet mind... it is Bristol City we’re talking about here.  ........so I reserve my right to change my plea. 

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I thought coppel would do a great job.

I thought stewart and bridges would get at least 35 goals between them.

I dont even think they got ten between them.

On the back of a 7-0 preseason win at Exeter I was sure Stewart and Bridges were going to rip it up that season.

Loïs Diony! What a signing I thought. A player with a good scoring record in France on loan at City with a view to making a permanent signing for £10m. I thought this was an example of City’s progressive transfer policy of signing  young exciting players. In the article about him on the City website it said that he had been told his style would suit the English game.  That was correct, but unfortunately he was talking about division 6 of the Downs League 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/diony-wants-to-find-his-football-smile/

Evander Sno.

At the time, probably the best performance from an opposition player I had seen at Ashton Gate (playing for Ajax in a pre-season friendly in summer 2009).

When we signed him on loan for the season, I thought we had probably secured the best player ever to wear a Bristol City shirt. Unfortunately we only saw glimpses of the ability that he had showed playing against us. A real shame because I thought he was going to propel us onto better things. Clearly he had health issues and was never able to dominate the midfield like I thought he would.

Watching him turn out for Ajax at Ashton Gate, he appeared to be playing on an entirely different level.

29 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Ryan Taylor for me ?‍♂️

Also wasnt impressed wih Jon Stead, but he was quality for us.

I was gutted about Cotts being appointed, but i turned out to be right - he was woeful when he got to the championship.

You're obviously fishing there. We wouldn't even be in the Championship if it weren't for Cotts

Archived