IGNORED

When have we been wrong?

bcfcredandwhite

I wasn't thrilled when we appointed Cotterill, I believed the default consensus on him which that he was a bit of a dinosaur, played long ball football and thought it was a very unambitious appointment.

Delighted that I was completely wrong about that, in contrast his tactics were innovative, football was really exciting and the players he signed were forward thinking and ambitious.

I was also pretty excited by Diony. I remember for a few minutes on his debut he looked quite impressive too. I think in fairness he had lots wrong with his mindset and was the wrong signing at the wrong time. We needed to sign exactly the sort of players we've signed this window; proven quality.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Gus Ceasar.

I was full of it when we signed him, an Arsenal first team player, wow! I was wrong, he was shite and spent most games sat behind me in the old Williams stand. :doh:

But look how he progressed after leaving us!!!

Years Team Apps (Gls)
1984–1991 Arsenal 44 (0)
1990  Queens Park Rangers (loan) 5 (0)
1991 Cambridge United 0 (0)
1991–1992 Bristol City 10 (0)
1992–1994 Airdrieonians 57 (1)
1994–1996 Colchester United 62 (3)
1996 Eastern 1 (0)
1996  Happy Valley (loan) 5 (2)
1996–1997 Golden 18 (1)
1997 Dagenham & Redbridge 1 (0)
1997 Partick Thistle (trial) 1 (0)
1997–1999 Sing Tao ? (2)
1999 Hong Kong Rangers 0 (0)
1999–2000 Kitchee ? (0)
2000–2002 Hong Kong Rangers ? (0

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Because it was he that took us out of League One

Most decent managers could do that.

We are a big club for league one. The real test is the championship.

Dont get me wrong. He did very well. But to me, he's very much a lower league manager and fails at this level.

3 hours ago, Redtucks said:

But look how he progressed after leaving us!!!

Years Team Apps (Gls)
1984–1991 Arsenal 44 (0)
1990  Queens Park Rangers (loan) 5 (0)
1991 Cambridge United 0 (0)
1991–1992 Bristol City 10 (0)
1992–1994 Airdrieonians 57 (1)
1994–1996 Colchester United 62 (3)
1996 Eastern 1 (0)
1996  Happy Valley (loan) 5 (2)
1996–1997 Golden 18 (1)
1997 Dagenham & Redbridge 1 (0)
1997 Partick Thistle (trial) 1 (0)
1997–1999 Sing Tao ? (2)
1999 Hong Kong Rangers 0 (0)
1999–2000 Kitchee ? (0)
2000–2002 Hong Kong Rangers ? (0

:facepalm:

I can just imagine the phone call from his agent ;

’ Gus , Rangers are in for you ‘ 

‘ Yeah , get in , Glasgow here I come ‘ 

‘ Uh Gus , Gus ... ‘ 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was really excited when we signed Kevin Betsy..! 
He’d just ran Chelsea ragged for Wycombe..! 

As soon as we had Kevin Betsy and Phil Jevons in the same team, I couldn't help thinking "Jevons to Betsy" - and was eventually rewarded when this very phrase was uttered on Radio Bristol match commentary. 

In recent times, manager-wise, I was utterly underwhelmed by LJ's appointment but, over time, have become an avid supporter of his (though that support wavered and finally broke after the Brentford hammering). Thank god for this recent run!

Afobe disappointed me when he was unveiled, though of course I was eating my hat minutes into the season. Given his personal circumstances and the severity of his injury, I just hope he picks up where he left off. 

Going back, I was certain Judy Morris would be a decent signing ?

Oh, and convinced Ryan Kent would provide the missing link ?

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Loïs Diony! What a signing I thought. A player with a good scoring record in France on loan at City with a view to making a permanent signing for £10m. I thought this was an example of City’s progressive transfer policy of signing  young exciting players. In the article about him on the City website it said that he had been told his style would suit the English game.  That was correct, but unfortunately he was talking about division 6 of the Downs League 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/diony-wants-to-find-his-football-smile/

Div 6?

Even I played (once) in Div Four!

I was underwhelmed by Cotts’s appointment- and LJs to be honest, but I’ll forever be thanking Cotts for delivering us from that HORRIBLE League 1. LJ - who knows, but this is a great ride right now!

Wilbs - didn’t he meet Cotts on holiday and persuaded him to give him a go? I wasn’t that keen at first but he’s certainly a hero now - I’d love to see him back at the gate - I recon he’d get a standing ovation. 
Matt Smith is another - what a player. 
I agree with all the posts about Ryan Kent and Nicky Hunt - and Caulker and Rose too - and Sno. 
Hartley was one player I got really excited about when we signed him, but he very quickly gave me the impression of an angry spoilt child - I may be completely wrong as I have no connections with our dressing room, but he seemed like a bad apple. 
Kilkenny was another - I thought he would be good for us but he was in fact crap. 
I liked Nick Carle at first, but clearly he fell out with the dressing room at some point - didn’t he have a fight with McIndoe or something? I thought he would be our very own Messi. Weong!

Archived