IGNORED

When have we been wrong?

bcfcredandwhite

9 hours ago, Porto Red said:

As soon as we had Kevin Betsy and Phil Jevons in the same team, I couldn't help thinking "Jevons to Betsy" - and was eventually rewarded when this very phrase was uttered on Radio Bristol match commentary. 

Shades of " the bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey"!

11 hours ago, Porto Red said:

As soon as we had Kevin Betsy and Phil Jevons in the same team, I couldn't help thinking "Jevons to Betsy" - and was eventually rewarded when this very phrase was uttered on Radio Bristol match commentary. 

Totally lost on me, I am afraid.

Any chance of a link, or at least a hint?

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Totally lost on me, I am afraid.

Any chance of a link, or at least a hint?

“Heavens to Betsy” is - or was - a well known mild American expression of surprise. Nobody knows for sure where it came from. Probably 19th century but all theories about it have been debunked so far.

7 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I recall watching carl shutt get 2 or 3 for leeds against a german team in the european cup.

Pretty sure it was at the nou camp too.

Another 1 of tinnions signings scored a beauty at the gas in a pre season friendly.

Grant smith was it? think he was out the door pretty sharp.

Got the winner at the cabbage patch in pre season friendly i think - I have recollections of being in a tent. 

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

“Heavens to Betsy” is - or was - a well known mild American expression of surprise. Nobody knows for sure where it came from. Probably 19th century but all theories about it have been debunked so far.

Which became “Heavens to Murgahroyd” when said by Snagglepuss 

I cannot help but notice some notable posters of this parish by their absence from this thread - this thread about being wrong - naming no names. I can only think they have been off the forum for a day or two, and will no doubt be on here over the weekend to fully admit to their lack of understanding of how the game works and the times they got it wrong about this or that to do with City.....

Archived