IGNORED

Ian Wright

Whites

An average pundit who assisted in ruining a massive loan deal (that was at medical ready stage) based on no knowledge of our club or our facilities and everybody wants to kiss his arse.  Weird.

Still I’m sure his wise words in his short visit will suddenly turn Fam into a world beater.

1 hour ago, Meh said:

An average pundit who assisted in ruining a massive loan deal (that was at medical ready stage) based on no knowledge of our club or our facilities and everybody wants to kiss his arse.  Weird.

Still I’m sure his wise words in his short visit will suddenly turn Fam into a world beater.

Or, a great striker in his time, who talks passionately about the game that he loves.

Yet you still use this thread to have a dig at a current City player, Weird.

6 hours ago, Whites said:

Or, a great striker in his time, who talks passionately about the game that he loves.

Yet you still use this thread to have a dig at a current City player, Weird.

Hardly a dig at Fam is it? He is a tryer but not a natural goal scorer.and has been coached by good quality coaches for years who have improved him but natural finishing ability is there or it is not surely?.

I don’t see how an hour talk from Ian Wright is going to make a massive difference is a valid point to make and to reference our main striker to make a point  is not having a dig.

I just don’t get the enthusiasm to have him here after what he did - make no mistake his “informed” advice he freely admits giving may be the reason we do not make the top 6 as a clinical striker feeding off Palmer is what we need (and saw bits of with Benik)

Ian Wright is nothing but a passionate fool who did us no favours yet we roll out the red carpet - madness.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

Hardly a dig at Fam is it? He is a tryer but not a natural goal scorer.and has been coached by good quality coaches for years who have improved him but natural finishing ability is there or it is not surely?.

I don’t see how an hour talk from Ian Wright is going to make a massive difference is a valid point to make and to reference our main striker to make a point  is not having a dig.

I just don’t get the enthusiasm to have him here after what he did - make no mistake his “informed” advice he freely admits giving may be the reason we do not make the top 6 as a clinical striker feeding off Palmer is what we need (and saw bits of with Benik)

Ian Wright is nothing but a passionate fool who did us no favours yet we roll out the red carpet - madness.

Appropriate sobriquet ..............Meh

2 hours ago, Meh said:

How to change his opinion? Having him visit the rebuilt Gate and seeing what our club has become is surely the best way? We're a long way from the BCFC of a few years ago and seeing the change in person will, hopefully, change his opinion for the future.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Top bloke is Wrighty - I recently watched the BT Sport film about him and David Rocastle growing up together - what a lovely genuine guy Ian Wright is - hope he enjoys his trip to The Gate ... this sums up Wrighty perfectly:

Watched that too .

Pretty emotional..

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

How to change his opinion? Having him visit the rebuilt Gate and seeing what our club has become is surely the best way? We're a long way from the BCFC of a few years ago and seeing the change in person will, hopefully, change his opinion for the future.

Maybe.  But, just a shame he has given an uneducated opinion in the first place and ruined our chances.

27 minutes ago, Meh said:

Maybe.  But, just a shame he has given an uneducated opinion in the first place and ruined our chances.

Have you not considered the possibility of supplying Wright with an educated view could lead to positive conversations in the future (hell, perhaps even with Nketiah). 

Or should we just take the stubborn stance and never engage with influential players because they’ve not understood us in the past. 

One option is taking positive steps forward. The other is standing still. What would you prefer? 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Have you not considered the possibility of supplying Wright with an educated view could lead to positive conversations in the future (hell, perhaps even with Nketiah). 

Or should we just take the stubborn stance and never engage with influential players because they’ve not understood us in the past. 

One option is taking positive steps forward. The other is standing still. What would you prefer? 

So you have said basically the same as @Ska Junkie - I have replied starting with “maybe” in acceptance of the justified point and you have quoted my reply making the same point.

Ironic you mention standing still - beats going round and round.

4 hours ago, Meh said:

So you have said basically the same as @Ska Junkie - I have replied starting with “maybe” in acceptance of the justified point and you have quoted my reply making the same point.

Ironic you mention standing still - beats going round and round.

Yep. The reply of “maybe” seemed to suggest that you still weren’t convinced. So I thought I’d press the point. 

18 hours ago, Meh said:

We can all understand why you would think signing for Bristol City would be the same thing since sliced bread, but if you think an informed Wright, or anyone else, would recommend it over going to work with one of the worlds best football coaches that’s a bit more of a stretch.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but working with Bielsa at a team who finished in the POs last season, or LJ (nothing against him) at a team that didn’t.

5 hours ago, RonWalker said:

We can all understand why you would think signing for Bristol City would be the same thing since sliced bread, but if you think an informed Wright, or anyone else, would recommend it over going to work with one of the worlds best football coaches that’s a bit more of a stretch.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but working with Bielsa at a team who finished in the POs last season, or LJ (nothing against him) at a team that didn’t.

Leeds are evidently a bigger club ( at the moment) and , if we put our prejudices to one side , it is pretty obvious that most footballers would prefer to play for them. 

The work we are doing now is fantastic in changing the perception of our club in the world and I am happy to have the promise of potential glory instead of the weight of past glories hanging round our necks.

Nketiah is a rare talent, it’s a shame we missed out but on the other hand it shows that we can identify a player .

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Leeds are evidently a bigger club ( at the moment) and , if we put our prejudices to one side , it is pretty obvious that most footballers would prefer to play for them. 

The work we are doing now is fantastic in changing the perception of our club in the world and I am happy to have the promise of potential glory instead of the weight of past glories hanging round our necks.

Nketiah is a rare talent, it’s a shame we missed out but on the other hand it shows that we can identify a player .

Well, it shows Arsenal can identify a player.

All we identified was a loan opportunity.

Archived