IGNORED

Ian Wright

Whites

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just because Weimann buzzes around, he’s still what I’d old-fashionably call a forward in a ‘two up top’.  In my day there were only Centre-Forwards, Wingers and Midfielders....striker wasn’t only just starting to be used, and none of this FIFA inspired “CAM” shit I hear (and use myself begrudgingly today). ?

Inside right, inside left and centre forward. Wingers were outside forwards and centre halfs were your midfield (half backs).

2-3-5 we used to line up in my junior school team. Strangely we lost most games about 17-14 :(

2 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Inside right, inside left and centre forward. Wingers were outside forwards and centre halfs were your midfield (half backs).

2-3-5 we used to line up in my junior school team. Strangely we lost most games about 17-14 :(

334 for my Junior School team.

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

The inconvenient truth for that Leeds fan is that Arsenal sent him out on the express condition he would get game time, yet Banford, who hasn’t scored since the Reformation, is preferred to him every game. He would surely have started every game here and that is the point. 

For all their lovely stadium and big crowds, Leeds misled Arsenal and it mayyet prompt a recall. 

I’ve been to Leeds a lot as a neutral ( have a friend who follows them), have been in all of the stands and can honestly say it’s not all that. Doesn’t compare to Ashton Gate for facilities or many other grounds. The atmosphere can be terrific, but AG at its best can rock more.

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Everything you have just said about Weimann you could say about Aguero, I spent most of the League Cup game trying to find him on the pitch, but he was still in the box when it mattered. 

Seriously Port, you are comparing Weimann to Agüero? Agüero is an out ‘n’ out box striker who will do a bit on the half way line on rare occasion that Man City are counter attacking.

Weimann is a player that will do more defensive work than he does offensive work.

Aguero knows he will get the ball in the opposition’s penalty are a lot during a game & that he is needed to be there to do what he’s expected to do, score goals.

Weimann spends very little time in the opposition’s penalty area because he knows he’s unlikely to see much ball & he is expected to work his socks off on the defensive front.

Semenyo, seems to be already defeated, like he knows he isn’t going to do much against two big, strong centre halves so tends to avoid trying to play as a traditional forward / striker so why should he bother in wasting his energy fighting for the team?

Diedhiou & Afobe are / were the only out & out strikers / forwards we had & neither of them are available to us, as for Rodri, he showed more in his cameo appearance on Wednesday as an out ‘n’ out striker / forward than Semenyo or Weimann has & this isn’t a slight on Weimann as such, he is doing what he sees is best for the team by going back & doing more defensive work.

The intention might be to start with a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 or 4-2-2-2 or 3-5-1-1 or similar formations but the truth is once the game has started, we tend to have a 0 up front because Semenyo has dropped off into maybe a #10 position at best while Weimann is back doing his best Tasmanian Devil impression by being everywhere on the pitch, he must cover the most amount of grass of anyone in the team.

3 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Think centre half ( No 5) were defenders. It was wing half (  right & left half Nos 4 and 6) that were what would now be considered midfielders.

Right & left back ( No 2 & 3) Left and right wing ( No 7 & 11) and inside right and left ( No 8 & 10) 

On 26/10/2019 at 20:20, City Rocker said:

True 235 died out in the 1950s after Hungary and Brazil started playing more like 424. 

By my time (1960s), 2 and 3 were right and left back, 5 and 6 were centre backs, 4 and 8 were generally midfielders, while the four upfront were two wingers (7 and 11) ant two strikers (usually 9 and 10). 9 would be a big centre forward  and 10 a goal poacher. I’m generalising - I think Jimmy Greaves played number eight.

So of the three  “half backs” in 235, one became a midfielder and two were centre backs. Of the two “ inside forwards “ in the 5, one became a midfielder and one a striker.

50 minutes ago, dave36 said:

At least those of us that don’t watch I’m a celebrity will not see him on any footie progs for a couple of weeks! Result!

I don’t recall ever watching an episode of ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here’. Not really my kind of programme but as I like Ian Wright I might tune in.......

12 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Wouldn't bet against him winning it.

I like the Ian Wright we see on our TV, I used to like Noel Edmonds too but in that environment you often see a different side to them. I just got a horrible feeling Wrighty is going to come across as grumpy etc.

I dont like these kinda shows, it's all down to editing and whoever gets the most screen time that usually wins. 

13 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just had the misfortune to walk in our living room where Mrs LR is watching I`m A Celebrity.

Ian Wright is on there - WTF?

£400k reasons by all accounts.

I would like Haskell to win it, came across as a genuinely funny bloke during his rugby world cup vlogs.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don’t recall ever watching an episode of ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here’. Not really my kind of programme but as I like Ian Wright I might tune in.......

Curious...if you have never watched it how do you know it's not your kind of programme ?

Archived