IGNORED

Naming the South Stand

Fuber

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

Is it going to happen? 

Seems ages now we've been sat just calling it the south stand, so my question would be - who would or should it be named for? 

Personally, while the great man is still with us and for many more years to come, I'd support naming it the Alan Dicks Stand. 

Unless, of course, Alan would be to embarresed to perhaps have the entire stand name after him, maybe Gerry Gow? 

The Dicks stand are you sure?

4 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

If we go up under LJ, combined with Gary's contribution should name it the Johnson stand ?

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Name the South Stand the Atyeo Stand.

Then rename the current Atyeo the Dicks Stand.

We then have an away end with the word "Dicks" written on it in 10ft tall letters.

Combine the two ideas and have "Johnsons and Dicks" above them.

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Name the South Stand the Atyeo Stand.

Then rename the current Atyeo the Dicks Stand.

We then have an away end with the word "Dicks" written on it in 10ft tall letters.

I really don’t like that away fans get to be in the stand named after the great Atyeo so I’d go along with this.

Louis Carey Stand ?

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Why not name it after our most successful manager? His City team's finished second in the top tier, were FA Cup runner's up and still own a joint record for the most consecutive wins during a season in the Football LEAGUE, with 14.

Step forward Harry Thickitt.

I thought it odd the Bristol Post referring to Steve Cotterall  as City’s most successful Manager today.   Would have suggested they looked up Alan Dicks or Harry Thickett.

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nice idea but I think it would be a bit hollow as I doubt anyone who attends games was alive during that era and there's hardly any footage so people can't relate to it.

That's the best reason for commemorating Harry's achievements. They're unlikely to be surpassed for some time, if ever. Fans of all ages should hear about them and what better way of honouring our greatest manager, to date.

8 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Stealing my Bell End gag from a few weeks back? You need original material.

Bell End is original ?

I should stay in more.

6 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Louise Carey Stand or Gery Gow Stand.

Gerry Gow, much as I appreciate his service, isn't appropriate, just another player to be honest - many more deserving imo.

And I'm pretty sure that Carey won't get any recognition from the current regime.

Atyeo at one end and Wedlock at the other. As you were.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

‘Good’ player for the club?! So much better than that ... Steve Galliers was a ‘good player for the club’ ... Gow? Way, way up there

Trevor Tainton ?

Tom Richie ?

Chris Garland ?

etc etc etc etc

I believe that no naming of stands for a while. Then the next one could be one of the Bristol Rugby greats.

I know that will upset some City fans but it is now their home stadium, they are pulling in some impressive attendances and their history of local Bristol boys who became international players when playing for them is impressive.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Just thank your stars it's not the Dunder stand.

I can't bloody wait until we ditch Dunder from our shirts.

Yeah, Christ knows why we'd want a sponsor who's willing to pay us more than any sponsor ever has...

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

‘Good’ player for the club?! So much better than that ... Steve Galliers was a ‘good player for the club’ ... Gow? Way, way up there

Wayway up there with Merrick Collier Ritchie.

I understand the admiration he was a hero of mine, but very few players deserve such recognition, and I can only think of two - Atyeo and Wedlock.

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that no naming of stands for a while. Then the next one could be one of the Bristol Rugby greats.

I know that will upset some City fans but it is now their home stadium, they are pulling in some impressive attendances and their history of local Bristol boys who became international players when playing for them is impressive.

They could call the stands whatever they want depending upon the sport being played on the day surely ?

Tucker, Pullin, Morley, Rafter etc etc etc for the rugby, been so many hasn't there.

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The Memorial Stand then..............

Archived