IGNORED

Well I never expected this announcement?

phantom

8 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Whenever anybody comes out we hear people saying "who cares?".  The trouble is that many people do care, it's a shame we live in a world where people still feel they have to hide their sexuality but people do.  We still live in a world where the tabloids will gleefully print and reveal people's sexuality.

Why pride?  Because for centuries gay people have been executed, imprisoned, murdered, shunned, mocked, beaten up and refused employment.  Again we have come a long way, but there are still gay people in this country that are attacked for being gay, mocked for being gay and disowned by their families for being gay.  Pride is a reaction to that, it is not saying "we are better than you", it's saying "I don't care what you think, I am proud of who I am".

Schofield obviously grew up in an era where he felt he couldn't come out.  Living that lie must have been awful.

However, he is a bit of a **** if he has hidden this from his wife and cheated on her (I don't know if he has).  Her marriage will have been a lie and being cheated on is always hideous.  If she's cool with it, then great, if not then he is a scumbag.

I did feel for the wife, but we don’t know how long she’s known on what’s gone on behind closed doors to be fair.

I personally have no strong opinion on this news, fair play to him for coming out (it must have been difficult regardless) and I hope he doesn’t get too much stick for it. I look forward to a time when people shouldn’t feel like their sexuality is a big deal

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I think him saying he’s gay means he’s gay,you do know that to be bi means to have sex with both genders which is blatantly clear he isn’t 

You do understand that if hes staying with his wife then hes not gay right? That makes him bi which means hes attracted to both sexes. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I guess they could be in a platonic relationship  but that's upto them to figure out and make it work for them. I do feel for his wife tho, it must be incredibly tough for her. 

I agree it must be.They may try to stay together as friends,but now he has come out I assume he will be looking to live a different lifestyle.

45 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You do understand that if hes staying with his wife then hes not gay right? That makes him bi which means hes attracted to both sexes. 

Staying with your wife doesn’t mean he’s banging her left right and centre all over the house,don’t ever get married mate because your expectations are way to high 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Plenty of people stay married/stay in relationships where there isn’t a physical side anymore. Doesn’t make them gay/bi-sexual. There is more to a relationship than just sex yeah? You can still love someone and not want to have sex with them? 

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Plenty of people stay married/stay in relationships where there isn’t a physical side anymore. Doesn’t make them gay/bi-sexual. There is more to a relationship than just sex yeah? You can still love someone and not want to have sex with them? 

He knows that,he’s a cowboy who wants people to respond to him and then if you call him a prat then he will shout the roof down about how he is getting bullied 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

That's a separate thing, that's a convenience/habit type of thing. Those people are likely attracted to the opposite sex. This is a different scenario, this is someone who's saying hes gay, but staying in a heterosexual relationship. On the face of it, that's bi, not gay. 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He knows that,he’s a cowboy who wants people to respond to him and then if you call him a prat then he will shout the roof down about how he is getting bullied 

I'd very much like it if you didnt respond to me ?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Like Robboreds understudy hey? ;)  

Disappointed.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That's a separate thing, that's a convenience/habit type of thing. Those people are likely attracted to the opposite sex. This is a different scenario, this is someone who's saying hes gay, but staying in a heterosexual relationship. On the face of it, that's bi, not gay. 

I'd very much like it if you didnt respond to me ?

Disappointed.

Pipe down sweet cheeks 

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'm confused by the situation with his wife, is he staying with her? If so then hes not gay is he? Hes bi. 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I've had my suspicions now for a couple of weeks that you are either completely stupid or just obsessed with writing as much nonsense as you can on so many different topics. 

Comments like these above point to you being ******* clueless. 

So what is the obsession with having to write inane bollocks on so many threads? 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Like Robboreds understudy hey? ;)  

Not just me that thought this then

Both compulsively write on practically every thread even when they have no interest or knowledge of what they are talking about 

38 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Who has said he’s staying? He’s taking it one day at a time, and if he’s only just fully come to terms with the fact he’s gay, taking a MASSIVE step like ending his marriage is not something he’s willing/able to deal with just yet. 

Does nobody here read twitter?

This has been forced upon him; there is nothing brave about it, nothing for him to be "proud" about.

I'm not bothered about it as I don't even watch TV but there is a very good reason that an apparently happily married man in his fifties has suddenly come out as gay.

DYOR you lazy buggers.

Archived