IGNORED

Take a bow, Sammie Szmodics

BRISTOL86

Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere and thought it deserved a thread.

A couple of days ago, a young Peterborough fan made a post on social media suggesting that he was imminently going to take his own life. 

Sam sent the guy his personal phone number via message and told him to call him whenever he needed to talk. And today he met up with the lad for a coffee and a chat. 

Class young man. 

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A couple of days ago, a young Peterborough fan made a post on social media suggesting that he was imminently going to take his own life. 

Sam sent the guy his personal phone number via message and told him to call him whenever he needed to talk. And today he met up with the lad for a coffee and a chat. 

Class young man. 

Form is temporary..

Class is forever...?

Top class.

He may not be in and around the first team at the moment, but is definitely one for the future (I hate that phrase as well).

That young lad has hopefully taken the first step towards something positive, and all it took is for one person to reach out to him.

Good on Sammie. Hopefully that one small gesture will change this young lads life.

Absolutely top class.

:worship2:

A fantastic gesture from Sammie, and great maturity shown in a difficult situation. Very proud that he is our player and it shows the type of people we are bringing to this club. Sometimes the little things are the big things.

Sammie obviously deserves a load of credit, but it was also heartening to see the many responses and offers of help he got - including from the official club twitter account, Darragh MacAnthony the owner and a number of players (as well as many, many other members of the public).

Hope the guy is starting to feel better.

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Class young man. 

Thanks for sharing Bristol 86 and no one should underestimate the bravery of this young man in reaching out for help and basically airing himself and his demons on social media, to Sammie's actions for actively helping and of course everyone one else who responded with help.

Incredibly timely for me and helped bring out a much needed round of 'waterworks'.  Literally within the last 24 hrs my own teenage son has been hospitalized for walking out into traffic in an apparent suicide attempt. Thankfully physically he is okay and now getting the help he needs.

Look out for your loved ones, engage with your kids, watch out for changes in behaviour in anyone you care about and anyone else you know for that matter. It's good to talk. You'll be amazed how small actions and words can literally save a life.

Love and peace to all.

1 hour ago, ukneil said:

Thanks for sharing Bristol 86 and no one should underestimate the bravery of this young man in reaching out for help and basically airing himself and his demons on social media, to Sammie's actions for actively helping and of course everyone one else who responded with help.

Incredibly timely for me and helped bring out a much needed round of 'waterworks'.  Literally within the last 24 hrs my own teenage son has been hospitalized for walking out into traffic in an apparent suicide attempt. Thankfully physically he is okay and now getting the help he needs.

Look out for your loved ones, engage with your kids, watch out for changes in behaviour in anyone you care about and anyone else you know for that matter. It's good to talk. You'll be amazed how small actions and words can literally save a life.

Love and peace to all.

My very best wishes to you and your son. I lost my brother just over a year ago this way and if you or your son ever need to talk to someone shoot me a message. 

1 hour ago, ukneil said:

Love and peace to all.

And to you. Hope things go well for you and your lad

Unbelievable gesture. Could have easily just scrolled on past this and would have been none the wiser about the outcome of this lad.

Whatever the future holds for the kid, Sammie can hold his head high for doing something that may seem little to most, but in the scheme of things could make a massive difference not only to this kid but also his family and loved ones.

Regardless of his footballing future at city, proud to see Sammie as one of our own.

Archived