IGNORED

Parson Street Station

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Recent games have not been kind to fans using Parson Sttreet station.

So with the expected biggest crowd of the season

Even if you don't use Parson street,but travel by rail

get the rail ticket issued to Parson street

Will do definitely, as soon as the Portishead line is open! ?

Since you started your Parson Street campaign, what is the increase in footfall and tickets bought for that station?

I’ve noticed your campaign before and I’m genuinely interested in why you’re raising the profile of the station. Is it to increase the numbers of those using public transport? Station threatened with closure? Raise awareness that there’s a main line railway station just down the road from Ashton Gate? Etc Apologies If you’ve already done this repeatedly, but I must’ve missed it, please tell us more. Thanks 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

All ticket prices to/from Parson Street are identical to those bought to Temple Meads.

But by booking to Parson Street it helps to ensure the station stays open and it is the nearest to Ashton Gate.

I'm not sure it is going to make any difference. Stations aren't exactly closing on a regular basis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_closed_railway_stations_in_Britain:_A

• Admin
2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

All ticket prices to/from Parson Street are identical to those bought to Temple Meads.

But by booking to Parson Street it helps to ensure the station stays open and it is the nearest to Ashton Gate.

Even though it is one of the least used stations in the country, services have been upped recently for commuters, there is no danger of the station shutting

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Support You Local Station

Love & Kisses from The Fat Controller ?‍♂️

If Redcar British Steel station stays open with 40 odd users a year.... I'm sure Parson St. will be fine.

I do think Bristol Sport should promote it more. Some offer like Brighton do with free travel from other Bristol stations I'm sure would help parking in the area.

I thinks it's about sales  data showing an increased footfall at the station. It's more likely the services would become more frequent with more people using it (currently about one an hour). Also the train companies would be more likely to stop more trains on matchdays at the appropriate times if they saw a larger footfall.

3 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

If Redcar British Steel station stays open with 40 odd users a year.... I'm sure Parson St. will be fine.

I do think Bristol Sport should promote it more. Some offer like Brighton do with free travel from other Bristol stations I'm sure would help parking in the area.

With the club losing millions every year, I don't see them or Bristol Sport underwriting transport costs.

Might be worth asking Marvin.

Sorry but we always get a ticket to Temple Meads as this gives us the option of getting on there and getting a seat if the weather is OK, I know that a lot of fans will not go to Temple Meads as you need a ticket and plenty don't travel with tickets.

139,000 to

Keep using Parson Street if you can,

and if you start your journey from BTM ask the booking office staff to issue the ticket from Parson Street

You might get an M B E for your work on promoting Parson Street Station. On the other hand it might be a CDM (Cadburys Dairy Milk)

Archived