IGNORED

LJ

JoeAman08

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

No free pass. Overall he’s doing a good job. See what I do? Not sure how that’s relevant 

Well I think he's doing a poor job with the resources he has. I honestly believe that he only still has his job because Lansdown is too stubborn to sack him.

And I'm simply noting that you are obviously happy with LJ's performance...I wish I was! Not having a go at you.

I'd be happier and more hopeful if I shared your view!

13 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I called up this morning to buy a ticket and the cheapest one available was £39. I'd be absolutely fuming if I'd paid that for such crap. 

I'm back in the UK for a month or two and I think I'm gonna skip the home games but make an effort to go to Huddersfield and Leeds.

Well I trekked down from sunny Scotland, paid £39 plus two kids. Not massively entertained. Taken the urge out of coming down for the Fulham game. Ha ha. 

16 minutes ago, Fuber said:

He and likely the majority of home fans dont see us win is the problem here Cole, and even then listening or RB of how we clung on for 3 points, does not count as a good performance, just grinding out a result. 

Outside of playing the bottom three, we've only won 1 in 7 at home. 

Thats downright crap. 

LJ, whatever the problem is, needs to instill some plan B in that squad. Getting Eliasson and co to just chuck balls into the box does not work against physical teams as we found today. 

At least your response is measured and not knee jerk. Your solution/view, on balance, is better represented than simply shouting 'Get rid'. Respect for that. 

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sack a manager for not winning five in a row 

Clowns 

That’s not the argument though is it. The issue is our consistently poor, unentertaining home form that has been an issue for an awful long time, and one we appear no closer to solving.

It’s a huge black mark on LJ’s record, especially when people are being asked to pay £30+ for a ticket, and not for the first time it’s a problem that threatens to derail an otherwise promising season.

I’m marginally LJ-in at the moment but those defending him would do well to acknowledge this issue rather than aim cheap shots at people.

Joe Aman, what the f?  Unlike you to post such crap, you're usually such a good contributor on here.

I take it then you won't be back at the Gate for a few years, because LJ is going nowhere - year on year improvement and continually increasing attendances can not be ignored.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Joe Aman, what the f?  Unlike you to post such crap, you're usually such a good contributor on here.

I take it then you won't be back at the Gate for a few years, because LJ is going nowhere - year on year improvement and continually increasing attendances can not be ignored.

See this posted all of the time as one of, if not the biggest reason for keeping LJ and it’s fair enough - its factually correct league position wise if nothing else . But what happens if we don’t improve this year?  Genuine question. 

At last we sign a proven Championship striker what we have been praying for and Johnson has him as a second half sub in both games. Who is going to get your more goals Weimann or Wells. Only Johnson and his over cluttered tactical brain could do this. Absolute nonsense. Get Wells on the pitch as much as we can. He will get us goals. 

Of course I am livid it is atrocious to watch. Take out Huddersfield and we have 16 goals in 14 homes games. Not saying Huddersfield doesn’t count just that it has propped up the numbers to make it look almost reasonable(seven teams have scored less at home than us). 

I can’t fathom how we started with so much energy against a team 17-18th in the league at home on a Friday night on tv and get an early goal yet immediately after let them start dictating the tempo. Why we stopped pressing them. Sadly this is not a common occurrence at AG but the norm for the past 24 months. Where 15000 of us pay a good portion of money to be entertained. I don’t expect to play free flowing football every game because opposition does matter but to play this unenthusiastic football for the last 35-40 home games is depressing. 

LJ gets paid for a complete performance but for all his good work away from home he completely wastes it with his home performances. I see no evidence he can change this. He loses players yes but he always gets quality replacements(whether they work or not they on paper are usually better qualified than what leaves and he is part of who comes in). The most frustrating thing is there haven’t been any new ideas from him in a long time. The formations may change, the personnel may change but the football is always the same. Boring sideways and backwards passing until we go down then we start pumping balls long hoping for set pieces or if we can break them down a bit get it out to our one magic man and let him whip cross after cross in to a bunch of 5’9 guys and Fam. 

So yes I am LJ out and have been for awhile now and I will continue to be for the foreseeable future. If you support LJ I am all for that and I hope you end up right but know I am not coming out of the woodwork because we lost. Tonight was frustrating beyond belief and credit to Birmingham. That said the results and performances have become far too common place for me to keep giving benefit of the doubt to our opponents. It is us that is lacking not other teams playing amazingly. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

See this posted all of the time as one of, if not the biggest reason for keeping LJ and it’s fair enough - its factually correct league position wise if nothing else . But what happens if we don’t improve this year?  Genuine question. 

It's hard to speculate what Steve and the board would do, we simply don't know.  There does come a time though when the board need to decide 100% if promotion is the sole aim, and then set a mandate to push for this at all costs.  At the present moment, although promotion is occasionally mentioned, it doesn't seem to be an all-consuming goal for City.  Lee's job would be on the line if promotion was the serious goal, and we looked far off it.

At this stage, I'm sure the City hierarchy are content with competing well in the Championship whilst gradually getting stronger every season.

He will still be in charge until the end of the season at least. It’s a very strange season, no real stand out teams in this division but the most concerning thing for me is our performances, regardless of the results. 

We can’t seem to get hold of the ball in the middle of the park, we give up possession far too cheaply and we lack creativity when we get around the 18 yard box, and then we result to lumping it. Our set plays are also very poor and seem to lack any imagination whatsoever. We are so predictable that it must be an absolute dream for any visiting manager to Ashton Gate. The responsibility of mixing it up and being creative comes from the manager I’m afraid.

Yet again we had a chance to move within touching distance of the top 2 and we fell miserably short.

It is frustrating being a fan of City, but the personal attacks are getting a bit much. 

I’m tired of the “Where are all you Johnson haters now” threads whenever we get a result and am equally tired of the “Johnson Out” threads every time we lose.

LJ will be here at least until there is no possibility of us reaching the playoffs. That’s the deal he has with SL.

Tonight we were poor and fans have every right to vent their frustrations, but please can we just give these tit for tat threads a rest? Both sides that is!! It’s like listening to a broken record.

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Please accept my apology as I posted in anger. Please read my last post if you’d like my more reasoned explanation. I try to stay level headed but was as up for tonight as I have been in ages and it was a rough let down 

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It's hard to speculate what Steve and the board would do, we simply don't know.  There does come a time though when the board need to decide 100% if promotion is the sole aim, and then set a mandate to push for this at all costs.  At the present moment, although promotion is occasionally mentioned, it doesn't seem to be an all-consuming goal for City.  Lee's job would be on the line if promotion was the serious goal, and we looked far off it.

At this stage, I'm sure the City hierarchy are content with competing well in the Championship whilst gradually getting stronger every season.

Yep fair play. My question was more aimed at your good self and posters like you who use league table improvement as the main barometer for keeping him though, despite the overwhelmingly turgid football that we are being served up on a very regular basis. If there is no progression this year do you still want him to stay? Hypothetical I appreciate but just wondered if it really is just about improvement of league position. 

The sentiment is right in my opinion but the timing is wrong. We aren’t going anywhere with Johnson though that is clear to me. 

Tonight he had a decision to make with the starting line up & he completely & utterly bottled it - he went with the safe option so as not to upset anybody. Keep a winning team - what a load of horse manure. 

The truth is though he selected exactly the same type of starting line up & tactics as he has for two seasons and we got the same turgid devoid of ideas home performance as we have had for two seasons. Let’s be honest as soon as we all saw that starting team we knew what was going to happen. Whilst we have sat on the bench one of best proven finishers & one of the best defensive midfielders in the league. Two upfront he said - absolute horse manure.

If that is the best Johnson can offer with this squad of players then he should pack his bags and go. Either that or we invest in a different Head Coach for home games & keep Johnson just for the away ones! We are at the point of our evolution where we need a brave ruthless leader to push us on not a nice guy who has never actually achieved anything in football management. Steve Lansdown & Mark Ashton have done their bit & yet we seemingly still have a complete novice actually leading the team.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Please accept my apology as I posted in anger. Please read my last post if you’d like my more reasoned explanation. I try to stay level headed but was as up for tonight as I have been in ages and it was a rough let down 

I've read your additional comments and can see where you're coming from, your first post did seem a bit of a shock to the system!

For me tonight, Famara should have scored his volley, and then it's 2-0, and Weiman's own goal was one hell of a mistake.  Hopefully AW will be replaced by Wells from now on, as he doesn't offer much as far as I can tell.

I would genuinely be gutted if Lee left because I feel he is going to take City up, and it could still happen this season.  Birmingham are on a bloody good run of form at the moment.

Archived