IGNORED

LJ

JoeAman08

7 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

He will still be in charge until the end of the season at least. It’s a very strange season, no real stand out teams in this division but the most concerning thing for me is our performances, regardless of the results. 

We can’t seem to get hold of the ball in the middle of the park, we give up possession far too cheaply and we lack creativity when we get around the 18 yard box, and then we result to lumping it. Our set plays are also very poor and seem to lack any imagination whatsoever. We are so predictable that it must be an absolute dream for any visiting manager to Ashton Gate. The responsibility of mixing it up and being creative comes from the manager I’m afraid.

Yet again we had a chance to move within touching distance of the top 2 and we fell miserably short.

It is frustrating being a fan of City, but the personal attacks are getting a bit much. 

I’m tired of the “Where are all you Johnson haters now” threads whenever we get a result and am equally tired of the “Johnson Out” threads every time we lose.

LJ will be here at least until there is no possibility of us reaching the playoffs. That’s the deal he has with SL.

Tonight we were poor and fans have every right to vent their frustrations, but please can we just give these tit for tat threads a rest? Both sides that is!! It’s like listening to a broken record.

I completely agree that he will be here until the end of the season at the very least. I think it would take something catastrophic for him to be given the boot even then.

I also agree about your assessment of how we are playing. This has to be the responsibility of the manager and coaches. And it is not good enough. Not at home. Its getting to the point of being laughably bad. Its almost amateur.

These digs at fellow fans has to stop. We all want success at City, to dispute that is delusional. We all just have different opinions on what is the best approach going forward.  

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Please accept my apology as I posted in anger. Please read my last post if you’d like my more reasoned explanation. I try to stay level headed but was as up for tonight as I have been in ages and it was a rough let down 

Hi Joe,

Reddog beat me to it.

I enjoy your postings as they normally have a bit of insight and thought. 

I was amazed that you wrote what you did. It didnt seem like the Joe we have come to know. Maybe, I thought, your phone has been hacked by a school kid or Henbury Gas! Anyway, you're entitled to your viewpoint but next time you want to vent may I suggest you open and drink a bottle of your country's finest (not Bud as that's worse than UHT cream), count to 10, re-read it and then post! It might still be the same in which case, you can either blame your counting skills or the drink!

Don't give up on your postings in the future, but try and convince me next time as to why you're right in being an LJ Out member. 

Now enjoy that drink!

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sack a manager for not winning five in a row 

Clowns 

Dave, I know it sounds strange but results dont always tell the whole story. Yes we won games but the performances were not very good..infact in a couple of those games we were quite lucky and could so easily have lost. Its amazing that we are 6th after how we have played. There have only been a couple of games this season where I have walked away thinking that we had played superbly and deserved the win. I think people are looking at performances rather than results or league position when they criticise Lee. With so many poor performances, your luck will eventually run out.

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Joe,

Reddog beat me to it.

I enjoy your postings as they normally have a bit of insight and thought. 

I was amazed that you wrote what you did. It didnt seem like the Joe we have come to know. Maybe, I thought, your phone has been hacked by a school kid or Henbury Gas! Anyway, you're entitled to your viewpoint but next time you want to vent may I suggest you open and drink a bottle of your country's finest (not Bud as that's worse than UHT cream), count to 10, re-read it and then post! It might still be the same in which case, you can either blame your counting skills or the drink!

Don't give up on your postings in the future, but try and convince me next time as to why you're right in being an LJ Out member. 

Now enjoy that drink!

I would actually suggest this is the perfect place to vent your frustration at a dire performance. Better here then at the game no? 

The fact that people are making him feel bad for that is a joke. He is entitled to that opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Cardy said:

The sentiment is right in my opinion but the timing is wrong. We aren’t going anywhere with Johnson though that is clear to me. 

Tonight he had a decision to make with the starting line up & he completely & utterly bottled it - he went with the safe option so as not to upset anybody. Keep a winning team - what a load of horse manure. 

The truth is though he selected exactly the same type of starting line up & tactics as he has for two seasons and we got the same turgid devoid of ideas home performance as we have had for two seasons. Let’s be honest as soon as we all saw that starting team we knew what was going to happen. Whilst we have sat on the bench one of best proven finishers & one of the defensive midfielders in the league. Two upfront he said - absolute horse manure.

If that is the best Johnson can offer with this squad of players then he should pack his bags and go. Either that or we invest in a different Head Coach for home games & keep Johnson just for the away ones! We are at the point of our evolution where we need a brave ruthless leader to push us on not a nice guy who has never actually achieved anything in football management. Steve Lansdown & Mark Ashton have done their bit & yet we seemingly still have a complete novice actually leading the team.

Very well said...couldn't have put it better...out of likes!

8 minutes ago, Cardy said:

The sentiment is right in my opinion but the timing is wrong. We aren’t going anywhere with Johnson though that is clear to me. 

Tonight he had a decision to make with the starting line up & he completely & utterly bottled it - he went with the safe option so as not to upset anybody. Keep a winning team - what a load of horse manure

The truth is though he selected exactly the same type of starting line up & tactics as he has for two seasons and we got the same turgid devoid of ideas home performance as we have had for two seasons. Let’s be honest as soon as we all saw that starting team we knew what was going to happen. Whilst we have sat on the bench one of best proven finishers & one of the defensive midfielders in the league. Two upfront he said - absolute horse manure.

If that is the best Johnson can offer with this squad of players then he should pack his bags and go. Either that or we invest in a different Head Coach for home games & keep Johnson just for the away ones! We are at the point of our evolution where we need a brave ruthless leader to push us on not a nice guy who has never actually achieved anything in football management. Steve Lansdown & Mark Ashton have done their bit & yet we seemingly still have a complete novice actually leading the team.

The only thing that was predictable was that if we lost some expert with hindsight such as yourself, would enlighten us with pearls of wisdom that he should have played a different team, which had he done so we will never know what the result would have been.

The team that started have just won 4 without conceding, Wells was always going to come on at some point and we don't know the match fitness of our other 2 loans (1 of which made a big mess up for the 3rd). Wells goal scoring is partly about his finishing, but to do so players around him need to know where he wants  the ball played to him and that takes time.

The criticism on here after tonight's loss is ridiculous, we have have just had a fantastic Jan window and it will take time to get those players up to speed and determine our best 11, then we can judge if we can press for the playoffs

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The only thing that was predictable was that if we lost some expert with hindsight such as yourself, would enlighten us with pearls of wisdom that he should have played a different team, which had he done so we will never know what the result would have been.

The team that started have just won 4 without conceding, Wells was always going to come on at some point and we don't know the match fitness of our other 2 loans (1 of which made a big mess up for the 3rd). Wells goal scoring is partly about his finishing, but to do so players around him need to know where he wants  the ball played to him and that takes time.

The criticism on here after tonight's loss is ridiculous, we have have just had a fantastic Jan window and it will take time to get those players up to speed and determine our best 11, then we can judge if we can press for the playoffs

...the problem wth your approach though is surely that Lee Johnson isn't a poster on OTIB...he's a well paid professional football manager, with a coaching and data team to support him and a talented group of players to coach and pick from. He's been given, in my opinion, the resources to do that job.

And the job is to assess the qualities of the opposition and impose those of his own team upon them, to win. When we play poorer teams, teams performing more poorly over the course of the season, the task is to work out how to assert our superiority.

If he can't do that...and it often seems beyond him in home matches...he should go and be replaced by someone who can. 

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I would actually suggest this is the perfect place to vent your frustration at a dire performance. Better here then at the game no? 

The fact that people are making him feel bad for that is a joke. He is entitled to that opinion. 

Hi Atticus, 

You're right, this is the place to vent and yes if people have made Joe feel bad for posting, that's not right.

For me  I've always thought that Joe was objective from his previous posts but his initial one wasn't like the Joe that Reddog and I know (never met Joe but you get an idea from his writing style). That was what caught me by surprise. I thought we were paying him a compliment by saying how out of character it was.

For people to then attack and make it personal isn't on either. 

I'm glad that Joe has explained more and that his last post showed he was back to his normal writing self.

If my post made him feel bad, that wasn't the intention at all. Hopefully it didn't.

But in the end I agree with you Atticus, it is the place to vent except that some people can't accept it and immediately go on the attack as their form of defence. Sounds like football eh?

I've stated before and I'll say it again LJ will never get us promoted.... yes I'll get slated for saying it but the frailties are there for us all to see.... totally outplayed by a well drilled team who can do the basics well with the right mix of players in the right area's. We are so weak in midfield and unfortunately that's where it counts. Derby, Leeds, WBA, followed by Millwall and the rest I'll leave you all to work out..... 

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Atticus, 

You're right, this is the place to vent and yes if people have made Joe feel bad for posting, that's not right.

For me  I've always thought that Joe was objective from his previous posts but his initial one wasn't like the Joe that Reddog and I know (never met Joe but you get an idea from his writing style). That was what caught me by surprise. I thought we were paying him a compliment by saying how out of character it was.

For people to then attack and make it personal isn't on either. 

I'm glad that Joe has explained more and that his last post showed he was back to his normal writing self.

If my post made him feel bad, that wasn't the intention at all. Hopefully it didn't.

But in the end I agree with you Atticus, it is the place to vent except that some people can't accept it and immediately go on the attack as their form of defence. Sounds like football eh?

That was my point. He is clearly angry and frustrated. There is nothing wrong with that. We all have a tipping point where enough is enough. It really is better it being expressed on here after a match then during a match at the game. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

That was my point. He is clearly angry and frustrated. There is nothing wrong with that. We all have a tipping point where enough is enough. It really is better it being expressed on here after a match then during a match at the game. 

You mean even Joe has a tipping point? 

Yep!

Better to get it out of your system than bottle it inside. 

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Enjoyed the game tonight did you? The passing? the attacking play?  the sweeping moves? The entertainment? 

A joy to watch wasn't it.

Tbf it was a lot more entertaining than recent home games.

We can’t expect to win them all, 3 players really let LJ down tonight - that is not his fault.

55 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yep fair play. My question was more aimed at your good self and posters like you who use league table improvement as the main barometer for keeping him though, despite the overwhelmingly turgid football that we are being served up on a very regular basis. If there is no progression this year do you still want him to stay? Hypothetical I appreciate but just wondered if it really is just about improvement of league position. 

If you don't go to many games - and perhaps you even strike lucky on the handful you do attend - of course it is.

If you buy a ST and commit to 23 games a season then a reasonable amount of entertainment and good quality football from City over the season is far more important than marginal progression measured by league position.

It's imperative in fact.

Some of the posters bashing fans for venting their spleen tonight at another pitiful home performances don't actually attend many home games, if ever in some cases.

They take their satisfaction from following City by looking at the league table. Those of us who actually pay to get pissed off regularly watching this mostly frustrating and monotonous crap for the last 2 years know there's a hell of a lot more to enjoying supporting your club than that.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Last 6 home games we’ve had 20 shots on target and 13 of them were against Luton 8 and Brentford 5.

Millwall, Birmingham, Barnsley 2 

Blackburn 1

4 games we’ve been shot shy or not creating anything. Is that the players faults or tactics they are following. 

If only we could sell away season  tickets because home games  have been an absolute waste of time

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Dave, I know it sounds strange but results dont always tell the whole story. Yes we won games but the performances were not very good..infact in a couple of those games we were quite lucky and could so easily have lost. Its amazing that we are 6th after how we have played. There have only been a couple of games this season where I have walked away thinking that we had played superbly and deserved the win. I think people are looking at performances rather than results or league position when they criticise Lee. With so many poor performances, your luck will eventually run out.

Spot on, we have rode our luck on too many occasions, tonight it ran out though the scorline was a tad harsh.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Pretty predictable really - they'll all be out now, haven't seen them for a while after recent results but one defeat and they'll be after LJs head :laughcont:

But, it was shite.

Understandable that people are disappointed (massively) but why does it always end up with "Johnson out" albeit from the usual crowd.

I agreed with his line up at the start, but I was wrong as the players selected weren't up for it and there didn't seem to be any discernible pattern to play throughout the game - players or LJ ? I don't know, but I did see players out there who, imo, weren't up for it. We have some flaky players and always have done.

Bad night at the office all round - players and LJ.  But mostly the gutless players imo.

Premier League ? You're having a laugh.

Think the point is they are his players so if they aren't up for it why does the manager have them here.

Personally I don't think think its that, I just don't see the manager as being a motivator or leader.

2 wins 4 defeats last 6 home league games and one of the wins Barnsley totally out played us.

To be fair, somehow we are 6th, and yet there is an under current of very strong Johnson not up to it.

I can't imagine us being in that position under any different manager where that would be the case.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** off already. Club is soft from the core starting with him. I can’t take this bullshit every other week at AG. 1-0 up in a couple minutes pressing playing a bit off football and he decides to back off and soak up pressure. He is a clown and need to go ASAP

Utter ****

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m LJ in now on the basis of timing. January window has been and gone, and we’re still in the hunt for a play off place. But anything less than top six at the end of the season and he has to go. The squad is more than capable of getting there and if they fail to do so, it is a failure of management. This is our best chance for over a decade.

Actually agree with you here Chip. Pointless getting rid now....but when the time comes and it’s mathematically impossible (which it will)...he has to go

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** off already. Club is soft from the core starting with him. I can’t take this bullshit every other week at AG. 1-0 up in a couple minutes pressing playing a bit off football and he decides to back off and soak up pressure. He is a clown and need to go ASAP

What an out of character post. We didn’t play well last night and clearly have a big problem breaking down teams at home who are defending a lead.

Recent form has been very strong and we’ve bought some good players in Jan. I know OTIB is where people come to vent, but this feels like a huge overreaction and some perspective is needed.

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Please accept my apology as I posted in anger. Please read my last post if you’d like my more reasoned explanation. I try to stay level headed but was as up for tonight as I have been in ages and it was a rough let down 

Be grateful you still get up for games. This manager sucked the life and the enjoyment out of going to City about 18 months ago for me.

In the past when we have been challenging I’ve been buzzing. Almost thinking about it 24/7....you can’t wait until you see how it all unfolds, get to the next game etc 

Hopefully when he flops again this season, it will be the straw that breaks the camels back and SL will finally pull the trigger 

9 hours ago, Kibs said:

Like so many teams that visit AG.

Yep we really have a problem playing teams defending a lead or playing for a draw at AG.

Hopefully with Wells we’ll see a bit more movement from our forward line. There were so many times last night where HNM and Smith had the ball and there wasn’t even movement ahead of them for a simple forward pass with any purpose.

The game was crying out for someone like Palmer I felt. HNM and Smith both looked apprehensive in possession and it slowed our attacking tempo down. 

Archived