IGNORED

LJ

JoeAman08

2 hours ago, Cider red said:

Since when has being in the top 6 been a stackable offence. Yes we were shit but be realistic ffs. The knee Jerk reactions are crazy. If we lose to Derby and go on another bad run I will question him myself, but to do that now is ridiculous. Were Bristol City not Man United. 

Yep we are Bristol city, and quite incredibly we are a top half championship, in and around the playoffs.

That is some achievement compared to most years I have been a City fan.

These fans would be saying LJ out even if we went up and struggled in the prem. I know for sure that will happen if we ever get there.

I will say the football needs to improve. This team is suited to playing away from home. And to be fair I would have kept it unchanged as it seemed to be the sensible thing to do. A team with momentum to keep that going.

Now LJ is stupid for not changing that winning team apparently.

But I am not panicking. He has brought in some very good players so he has good options there. Needs to make some changes for the mid week game for sure.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep we are Bristol city, and quite incredibly we are a top half championship, in and around the playoffs.

That is some achievement compared to most years I have been a City fan.

These fans would be saying LJ out even if we went up and struggled in the prem. I know for sure that will happen if we ever get there.

I will say the football needs to improve. This team is suited to playing away from home. And to be fair I would have kept it unchanged as it seemed to be the sensible thing to do. A team with momentum to keep that going.

Now LJ is stupid for not changing that winning team apparently.

But I am not panicking. He has brought in some very good players so he has good options there. Needs to make some changes for the mid week game for sure.

You actually think it’s incredible we’re too half in the championship, ffs that should be the minimum we should expect, sl thinks we should make the playoffs, stating the obvious here but our home form needs to improve massively, I’d love to hear lj explain why we’re so poor at home.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep we really have a problem playing teams defending a lead or playing for a draw at AG.

Hopefully with Wells we’ll see a bit more movement from our forward line. There were so many times last night where HNM and Smith had the ball and there wasn’t even movement ahead of them for a simple forward pass with any purpose.

The game was crying out for someone like Palmer I felt. HNM and Smith both looked apprehensive in possession and it slowed our attacking tempo down. 

I think the plan was "more of the same" last night, ie the formula that's achieved narrow wins with clean sheets. See what Brum have to offer. What they offered was a gift goal. Something unexpected, especially by LJ, a horrendous mistake that galvanised Brum & made them determined to make amends, which they did. After that goal, one minute gone, we looked lost & unable to cope. Despite some possession 2nd half we stayed shapeless & uncertain. It's been said before about LJ, here & at previous clubs, he hits on a formula, maybe by chance, goes with it until it suddenly falls apart. Last night another example.

2 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

You actually think it’s incredible we’re too half in the championship, ffs that should be the minimum we should expect, sl thinks we should make the playoffs, stating the obvious here but our home form needs to improve massively, I’d love to hear lj explain why we’re so poor at home.

Maybe incredible is the wrong word. But everyone at the club doing their jobs very well to have built us into a championship playoff side.

Lansdown has said Johnson is the main man in making all this happen. All the great things off the pitch as well as the improved results on the pitch.

We still need to improve. I'm sure LJ will be looking at ways to play Wells and to play better football and also become much better at home.

If he can do that then we will probably make playoffs in May.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe incredible is the wrong word. But everyone at the club doing their jobs very well to have built us into a championship playoff side.

Lansdown has said Johnson is the main man in making all this happen. All the great things off the pitch as well as the improved results on the pitch.

We still need to improve. I'm sure LJ will be looking at ways to play Wells and to play better football and also become much better at home.

If he can do that then we will probably make playoffs in May.

I sincerely hope so , fact is he hasn’t found a way of improving us at home for the last 2 seasons so you can see why I have doubts.

I think it would be daft so even think about changing the manager right now given the league position and the fact that the window has shut. We are, somehow, 6th in the league and still very much in contention.... the football world would think we were mad if we made a change now and understandably so. 

All of that aside, however, I totally get the frustration of watching us at home regularly. @Nogbad the Bad used the word pitiful to describe the many of the home performances and he’s not far wrong. As we left the ground last night I said to my lad that I’d enjoyed 2 home games all season, v Luton and Huddersfield. Apart from those 2, we have been somewhere between fortunate and very lucky to pick up any wins at all. We move the ball so slowly and we’re so easy to defend against.... with the players we have now there’s absolutely no reason why this should be. 

The thing that really infuriates about the manager and group of players is that, without fail, they blow it as soon as expectations are raised. We beat Fulham away and then lose at home, abjectly, to Milwall and Blackburn. Last night we could have gone 3 points off the top and we put in a defensive performance so diabolical that I would have been shouting at my son’s U11 team for the goals we conceded. Is it a mentality thing, ie are we bottling it? Is it the way we’re set up? If LJ doesn’t work out how to fix our home form, we’ll end up finishing exactly how we have done in the last 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Be grateful you still get up for games. This manager sucked the life and the enjoyment out of going to City about 18 months ago for me.

In the past when we have been challenging I’ve been buzzing. Almost thinking about it 24/7....you can’t wait until you see how it all unfolds, get to the next game etc 

Hopefully when he flops again this season, it will be the straw that breaks the camels back and SL will finally pull the trigger 

I feel for everyone like you, Andy, and Joe Aman.

I wasn't there, personal reasons, but spent £10 on Sky.

Seventy years of support, I never felt so despondent even at the bottom of Division Four or during the time when McInnes and SO'D were going through the process of weeding out all the dross and with no money to replace with any sort of quality.

LJ has been backed by SL like no other manager in the history of BCFC. I don't hate him. He simply isn't good enough to cope with managing a top end of Championship club.

I don't expect us to win every game. I don't expect us to win a trophy every season but I do expect us to compete and look like we have a chance of winning in every match.

Last evening, we were given a dream start by a mistake by opposition defender. But within ten minutes of that, it was clear to me that we were clueless and another miserable home performance was unfolding.

We need fresh ideas from our Head Coach and LJ is not capable of doing so.

11 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Tell me in what other business could you get away with delivering a product like that, week in week out, after charging people £30 a ticket? People have a right to be angry

It wasn't good, no one can argue with that, but if you want a "product" that delivers week in week out then unless you start supporting Liverpool, you're looking at the wrong "business". 

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

I think it would be daft so even think about changing the manager right now given the league position and the fact that the window has shut. We are, somehow, 6th in the league and still very much in contention.... the football world would think we were mad if we made a change now and understandably so. 

All of that aside, however, I totally get the frustration of watching us at home regularly. @Nogbad the Bad used the word pitiful to describe the many of the home performances and he’s not far wrong. As we left the ground last night I said to my lad that I’d enjoyed 2 home games all season, v Luton and Huddersfield. Apart from those 2, we have been somewhere between fortunate and very lucky to pick up any wins at all. We move the ball so slowly and we’re so easy to defend against.... with the players we have now there’s absolutely no reason why this should be. 

The thing that really infuriates about the manager and group of players is that, without fail, they blow it as soon as expectations are raised. We beat Fulham away and then lose at home, abjectly, to Milwall and Blackburn. Last night we could have gone 3 points off the top and we put in a defensive performance so diabolical that I would have been shouting at my son’s U11 team for the goals we conceded. Is it a mentality thing, ie are we bottling it? Is it the way we’re set up? If LJ doesn’t work out how to fix our home form, we’ll end up finishing exactly how we have done in the last 2 seasons. 

Great post and all the above frailties is nothing new 60 different players and still we can't do the basics and I'm sorry that come from 1 person LJ. Moving forward the platform is there so let's not mess about if we want to make that next step let's all say thank you and get CH in.

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** off already. Club is soft from the core starting with him. I can’t take this bullshit every other week at AG. 1-0 up in a couple minutes pressing playing a bit off football and he decides to back off and soak up pressure. He is a clown and need to go ASAP

Why don’t you back him till the end of the season as we have a serious shot at playoffs and changing managers whilst in the playoffs could be a big mistake. Teams like Birmingham will prefer to swap positions with us

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Good post. We were set up yesterday exactly as we were for the last two away games! We're not a promotion team, we look like a team scrapping for points to avoid relegation.

37 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Why don’t you back him till the end of the season as we have a serious shot at playoffs and changing managers whilst in the playoffs could be a big mistake. Teams like Birmingham will prefer to swap positions with us

Genuine question...what has backing Lee Johnson on OTIB got to do with the City's promotion prospects? Particularly as it doesn't seem very likely that we'll be changing manager any time soon!

I was at QPR last week. Backed the team to a hard fought victory - a real rarity in my many visits to Loftus Road. I went to back City...as I did when the side were managed by numerous other managers. Lee's critics on here aren't chanting for him to be sacked at matches, yet, and unless Lee reads this forum, which I very much doubt he does, this is all a debate about the future of the club. Me criticising Lee Johnson and saying he's not up to the job has no impact whatsoever on City's performances...and no impact on my support for the club...

...other than not singing that when we get promotion Johnson will in some way be our king!

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I don’t think I add negativity to the atmosphere at AG. I applaud and sing along from time to time. I want everyone to do well I just don’t think he is good at his job and last night frustrations boiled over. I will still be there Wednesday applauding and singing but I would just prefer someone else leading us.

Who? I am not qualified to answer really but quite a few ex players that have gotten into coaching that I am sure would take this job which will push FFP to the max. John Terry and Kolo Toure are coaching at a high level and I expect would like to try top jobs at some point. Could easily do worse than LJ no doubt about it. Also can go other routes as well similar to Huddersfield and Norwich hiring u23 managers. All have elements of risk but things have gone far too stale imo. 

I won’t be as blatantly negative and I hope he makes the playoffs or gets auto. I truly do but I don’t feel these are likely scenarios.

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** off already. Club is soft from the core starting with him. I can’t take this bullshit every other week at AG. 1-0 up in a couple minutes pressing playing a bit off football and he decides to back off and soak up pressure. He is a clown and need to go ASAP

Haven’t read the rest, but that is a crazy post Joe.  Do you honestly think we sat off?  Or were Brum just better than us?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Haven’t read the rest, but that is a crazy post Joe.  Do you honestly think we sat off?  Or were Brum just better than us?

We 100% sat off like we do every home match. We pressed them for 5-10 minutes. We got the goal then we continued to make them uncomfortable for a bit from goal kicks making them go long to putting a bit of pressure on Roberts and Clarke Salter who both looked uncomfortable. Then we stopped dropped back to half way line for goal kicks and let them get a foothold in the game. Fam clearly frustrated with this at certain points and never seen so much yelling at one another in a match. We had them on the ropes and backed off playing lime it was an away game. We never play with any intent until we go down at home

Yeah, I would like a change of manager because I want to enjoy watching my team play. It’s so incredibly boring. 

Being around the play-offs in this league quite clearly tells you that we’ve been worse than we are now for my entire life, apart from one season in 2007/08, and yet I’ve never enjoyed it less. I’ve never looked forward to games less, because it is so dull. 

This isn’t ‘one defeat’, this is seasons of insipid football at Ashton Gate. As someone that actually isn’t all that fussed about the Premier League simply clinging on to the edge of the play-offs isn’t going to make up for the complete lack of enjoyment I take from watching City play football.

Maybe a change of manager would lead to them falling further away from promotion, but personally I struggle to believe that it could lead to me enjoying the football less.

16 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Last 6 home games we’ve had 20 shots on target and 13 of them were against Luton 8 and Brentford 5.

Millwall, Birmingham, Barnsley 2 

Blackburn 1

4 games we’ve been shot shy or not creating anything. Is that the players faults or tactics they are following. 

And that is the question. Who takes the majority of the blame for abject home performances.

There is a proportion to both but at the end of the day, are the players unable to perform at home or are they shackled in someway by tactics/fear etc

So take a look at our away form. Williams and Baker have been excellent at dealing with balls into the box and last ditch defending...Diehdou has been excellent in our own area and we have taken one of our very very limited chances...This covers all of our recent performances before last night. 

Last night we scored from a horror back pass and then didnt hardly make there keeper work for the entire match.

We created minimal chances even when we sent everyone forward just to concede the inevitable break away goal.

We don’t create enough chances home or away it seems and rely on defenders to keep the goals against tally down despite the fact our ball retention is dreadful, except when teams allow us to play in front of them like Birmingham did (Danny Wilsonesque)

So make more chances......

Is it the players or the Bcfc style to not make chances enough to score more than one goal...?

BTW for all those posting league tables last night. We are now out of the top six!!

Archived