IGNORED

It’s time.

Aslanovic

1 minute ago, Aslanovic said:

Have we progressed in four years, or have we just been invested in like never before? His players, his pattern of play (if it’s actually a thing). Im not overreacting, but you can’t help but wonder what others could achieve with this squad. #itstime

Has he improved our position every year then yes,is our style of football getting worse then yes,success over pleasure I guess if he gets us promoted but big if and how long do we put up with this durge 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Has he improved our position every year then yes,is our style of football getting worse then yes,success over pleasure I guess if he gets us promoted but big if and how long do we put up with this durge 

The point being, have we improved because of him or the investment made in the team. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Can't argue league position has improved ( achieved nothing) but you can't tell me the football is improving.

If the mission statement is reaching the play offs does it matter the style if he does achieve it? Being 6th at the moment can't say its not working overall

As for 'achieved nothing' 90% of the teams in the league don't achieve anything on that basis, constant improvement in league position is achieving something

15 minutes ago, Aslanovic said:

Have we progressed in four years, or have we just been invested in like never before? His players, his pattern of play (if it’s actually a thing). Im not overreacting, but you can’t help but wonder what others could achieve with this squad. #itstime

Waste of your time starting this nothing will change get used to it. 

18 minutes ago, Aslanovic said:

And another....

:pacifier:

12 minutes ago, Aslanovic said:

The point being, have we improved because of him or the investment made in the team. 

It’s all down to the investment imo. A manager with experience ( or having coaches with experience working with him) would get so much extra out of the players we have.

LJ has been given everything on a plate player and money wise, but still is incapable of tactically planning how to break down teams at home. 

I watched a team play ‘hopeful’  football for 90 minutes tonight, players knocking straight balls 40 yards for defenders to head away, players having 10 touches when one or two were needed, a total lack of using width, and a total lack of guile. At no time during the 96 minutes did I feel there was any urgency from us, that urgency and tempo has to come from the dugout, but I honestly don’t think he has it in him and is unable to convey it to the players anyway. 

His management style is the same as his playing style, neat and tidy without any end result. He will never get this club over the line, it’s pot luck management, win a few, lose a few. 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s all down to the investment imo. A manager with experience ( or having coaches with experience working with him) would get so much extra out of the players we have.

LJ has been given everything on a plate player and money wise, but still is incapable of tactically planning how to break down teams at home. 

I watched a team play ‘hopeful’  football for 90 minutes tonight, players knocking straight balls 40 yards for defenders to head away, players having 10 touches when one or two were needed, a total lack of using width, and a total lack of guile. At no time during the 96 minutes did I feel there was any urgency from us, that urgency and tempo has to come from the dugout, but I honestly don’t think he has it in him and is unable to convey it to the players anyway. 

His management style is the same as his playing style, neat and tidy without any end result. He will never get this club over the line, it’s pot luck management, win a few, lose a few. 

Spot on.

4 hours ago, hodge said:

If the mission statement is reaching the play offs does it matter the style if he does achieve it? Being 6th at the moment can't say its not working overall

As for 'achieved nothing' 90% of the teams in the league don't achieve anything on that basis, constant improvement in league position is achieving something

Well the season hasn't ended has it? Like ive said before, where we are is a completely false position. We wont be in the playoffs come the end of the season. You cannot argue he hasn't had the funds. Yes we have brought in money, but we spent it to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Well the season hasn't ended has it? Like ive said before, where we are is a completely false position. We wont be in the playoffs come the end of the season. You cannot argue he hasn't had the funds. Yes we have brought in money, but we spent it to begin with.

That’s not a fact though, is it? 

It’s just your opinion.

....and no league position is false.

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Portland Bill, you hit the nail on the head. Great post. I remember when LJ was playing midfield for us and he was a sturdy, predictable, I would also say solid but nothing was really achieved. LJ has a great football brain but unfortunately not good enough for Bristol city or good enough for the supporters. I have been looking forward all week to the Birmingham game on Foxtel in OZ and after the great wins from the past four today leaves me with utter disappointment, 

LJ has now one of the best squad if not the best players  in this league but we need an alternative manager to let the players play naturally. Watching them last night most of the team seemed to play out of their comfort zone.

We have the squad but regrettably not the manager to get the best out of them.

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We cant put up with this “Durge” the squad LJ has now is probably better than we had when we got promoted in the 70s . He’s a good manager at this level but does not seem to get the best out of what he has available. Maybe an old football mind like his old man. Hearts in the right place but for Christ sakes time is running out and now the club needs a new manager to get us promoted.

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Absolutely on the money. I may as well just copy and paste this as this is what I think, and you have just explained it better then I ever could 

The poor football we have all witnessed suggests that this season could well become a big, but lost opportunity, as the league whilst hugely competitive is actually not strong. Whilst wanting desperately to be in prem of course I would fear the worst if we did achieve it. No club looks likely to establish themselves there like Wolves have done. 

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Didn't watch Pato break his neck to score the goal then? 

14 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Not greatly. Progressed but I'd be interested to see the comparative wage budgets...

You'd then need the comparative wage budget for the rest of the league over the same period as I don't doubt ours has increased by a decent amount, the league's will have generally over 4 years as well. From what we've generally been told we've moved from a bottom quarter wage budget on promotion to around just inside the top half, if that is true then we'd still be punching above our wage budget for league performance.

My big concern is that if we continue with this boring lack lustre style of football, will we continue to get 20k+ through the turnstiles every week.

It seems that we get the ball in defence and lump it forward just to lose posession time after time.  I keep seeing defenders getting the ball and crying out for some movement ahead of them. We don't seem to have any tactics for going forward and nobody seems to know what they are supposed to be doing for set pieces.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

You'd then need the comparative wage budget for the rest of the league over the same period as I don't doubt ours has increased by a decent amount, the league's will have generally over 4 years as well. From what we've generally been told we've moved from a bottom quarter wage budget on promotion to around just inside the top half, if that is true then we'd still be punching above our wage budget for league performance.

We can currently field a 1-11 and bench of Internationals

We had Five Full Internationals on the bench last night , another on the injury table ,and a £4m Chelsea ‘starlet’ who can’t even make the squad 

How many other Championship Clubs name 5 full Internationals on their bench ?

We have at least two or more players available  in virtually every position that can reasonably be expected to be Championship decent , on paper at least 

Backed.....?

You bet he has been 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

But don't we sell our best players or players with most potential (Kelly) for huge money which partly pays for those wages?

Kodjia, Flint, Reid, Bryan, Webster, Kelly, Brownhill.

We made a profit and I predict we will again next year if we sell a few in the summer.

Archived