IGNORED

It’s time.

Aslanovic

14 hours ago, Aslanovic said:

Have we progressed in four years, or have we just been invested in like never before? His players, his pattern of play (if it’s actually a thing). Im not overreacting, but you can’t help but wonder what others could achieve with this squad. #itstime

you absolute plonker :D 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We can currently field a 1-11 and bench of Internationals

We had Five Full Internationals on the bench last night , another on the injury table ,and a £4m Chelsea ‘starlet’ who can’t even make the squad 

How many other Championship Clubs name 5 full Internationals on their bench ?

We have at least two or more players available  in virtually every position that can reasonably be expected to be Championship decent , on paper at least 

Backed.....?

You bet he has been 

Its all well and good saying 5 internationals but they're hardly big international teams

The comments on Palmer post-match would cover why he hasn't been in the squad lately

Never said he hasn't been backed, merely that if you take a table for wage budget vs actual league table we're probably still punching

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But don't we sell our best players or players with most potential (Kelly) for huge money which partly pays for those wages?

Kodjia, Flint, Reid, Bryan, Webster, Kelly, Brownhill.

We made a profit and I predict we will again next year if we sell a few in the summer.

I'd wager increase in non-matchday revenue streams is more what accounts for increase in wage budget than transfer fees as the non-matchday stuff is more stable than transfer fees in knowing how much there is to spend, transfer fees then help reduce the season on season debt

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd wager increase in non-matchday revenue streams is more what accounts for increase in wage budget than transfer fees as the non-matchday stuff is more stable than transfer fees in knowing how much there is to spend, transfer fees then help reduce the season on season debt

Either way to be self sustaining we have to sell players every season. So the club is generating it's own money to buy these players in.

That is correct isn't it? If so then these players we bring in is not really Lansdown backing LJ with his money. It's money LJ has made us in improving our players and selling them on for huge profits.

One defeat and the rot comes back!

He has improved our league position year on year, attendances are up, the playing squad has steadily improved and that is despite selling your best players each season.

I know performances at home are disappointing but it is fine margins.

For me, teams know how to play us at home and this is the next hurdle to overcome.

The frustrating thing is this league is there for the taking.

He ain't going anywhere

3 hours ago, J-mat said:

Is that the negative investment? As in we've brought more in than we've spent? 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

You'd then need the comparative wage budget for the rest of the league over the same period as I don't doubt ours has increased by a decent amount, the league's will have generally over 4 years as well. From what we've generally been told we've moved from a bottom quarter wage budget on promotion to around just inside the top half, if that is true then we'd still be punching above our wage budget for league performance.

You need to take our overall finances into context.  You can’t just take net spend, you can’t just take wage bill...and equate that to league position.

When you look at the players we have, we are not punching at all.  This is a strong, sizeable squad...whether that’s been recruited on the cheap or by throwing money at it.  The likes of Brentford and Preston (often used in comparisons with us) have assembled their similar ability squads much more efficiently than we have.  In some respects because their finances dictate.

Failure to get top 6, or give it a bloody good go at least, you might start to argue, moves us towards those group of clubs who are under-achieving.

As it stands we are about where I expect us to be.  We’ve had the window our head-coach wanted.  Time to deliver to those expectations.

15 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s all down to the investment imo. A manager with experience ( or having coaches with experience working with him) would get so much extra out of the players we have.

LJ has been given everything on a plate player and money wise, but still is incapable of tactically planning how to break down teams at home. 

I watched a team play ‘hopeful’  football for 90 minutes tonight, players knocking straight balls 40 yards for defenders to head away, players having 10 touches when one or two were needed, a total lack of using width, and a total lack of guile. At no time during the 96 minutes did I feel there was any urgency from us, that urgency and tempo has to come from the dugout, but I honestly don’t think he has it in him and is unable to convey it to the players anyway. 

His management style is the same as his playing style, neat and tidy without any end result. He will never get this club over the line, it’s pot luck management, win a few, lose a few. 

Absolutely how I see it. 
Add to that the fortune of playing Barnsley and Wigan at just the right time... we’ve had a few results recently against struggling teams but how many good, convincing performances have there been? I’m struggling to remember. 
Derby, Leeds and WBA will show whether we’ve made progress or not. 

15 hours ago, hodge said:

Where were we when he took over and where are we now...? Quite simply yes we have progressed and greatly

I suppose progress is all relative.

If you were left £100m 10 years ago, and today you had £104m, then I suppose you have grown your fortune. The truth is though that realistically it should’ve have almost doubled.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You need to take our overall finances into context.  You can’t just take net spend, you can’t just take wage bill...and equate that to league position.

When you look at the players we have, we are not punching at all.  This is a strong, sizeable squad...whether that’s been recruited on the cheap or by throwing money at it.  The likes of Brentford and Preston (often used in comparisons with us) have assembled their similar ability squads much more efficiently than we have.  In some respects because their finances dictate.

Failure to get top 6, or give it a bloody good go at least, you might start to argue, moves us towards those group of clubs who are under-achieving.

As it stands we are about where I expect us to be.  We’ve had the window our head-coach wanted.  Time to deliver to those expectations.

You’re right..... sadly I think there’ll always be another window.... and another war-chest. 
another thought.... both Preston and Brentford have a way of playing, a style, dare I say an identity. We simply don’t. Despite all the hot air, we don’t and knowing your style is a starting point for signing the right type of player for the team’s style and not having a huge squad. We haven’t progressed beyond “clubs in the bag” players for every conceivable formation.... leading to tombola selection. 

50 minutes ago, Swede said:

One defeat and the rot comes back!

He has improved our league position year on year, attendances are up, the playing squad has steadily improved and that is despite selling your best players each season.

I know performances at home are disappointing but it is fine margins.

For me, teams know how to play us at home and this is the next hurdle to overcome.

The frustrating thing is this league is there for the taking.

He ain't going anywhere

I understand what you’re saying though the home form has been a problem for most of Lee’s  4 year reign. The hurdle seems a real challenge. 

15 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s all down to the investment imo. A manager with experience ( or having coaches with experience working with him) would get so much extra out of the players we have.

LJ has been given everything on a plate player and money wise, but still is incapable of tactically planning how to break down teams at home. 

I watched a team play ‘hopeful’  football for 90 minutes tonight, players knocking straight balls 40 yards for defenders to head away, players having 10 touches when one or two were needed, a total lack of using width, and a total lack of guile. At no time during the 96 minutes did I feel there was any urgency from us, that urgency and tempo has to come from the dugout, but I honestly don’t think he has it in him and is unable to convey it to the players anyway. 

His management style is the same as his playing style, neat and tidy without any end result. He will never get this club over the line, it’s pot luck management, win a few, lose a few. 

What a great post, no insults, swearing or melt down. Just stating an opinion that many can agree with, including myself. I want Lee to succeed and take us up but our current home form says it's very unlikely.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree. Yes and it is the Lansdown family that expect delivery....The fans are irrelevant ‘almost’ 

All this we are moving forward or LJ out nonsense by all the frustrated City fans who waste there time here (me very much included), just seem to forget SL wants year on year improvement...AND HE DOES NOT MEAN SEVENTH.

LJ is now under pressure as like it or not if we are not a minimum of sixth at the end of the season Steve will sack him. Also be under no illusions either, the entire board are as frustrated as the next girl at our home form. 

None of us like the garbage served up masquerading as an attempt to win a home game ala last night....None of us wherever we happen to sit!!!!!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I agree. Yes and it is the Lansdown family that expect delivery....The fans are irrelevant ‘almost’ 

All this we are moving forward or LJ out nonsense by all the frustrated City fans who waste there time here (me very much included), just seem to forget SL wants year on year improvement...AND HE DOES NOT MEAN SEVENTH.

LJ is now under pressure as like it or not if we are not a minimum of sixth at the end of the season Steve will sack him. Also be under no illusions either, the entire board are as frustrated as the next girl at our home form. 

None of us like the garbage served up masquerading as an attempt to win a home game ala last night....None of us wherever we happen to sit!!!!!

I said last week that LJ had put the pressure on MA during the window.  MA delivered, gave him everything he wanted.  Back at you Lee!!

Not sure it will result in sacking, but it will leave huge question marks!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I said last week that LJ had put the pressure on MA during the window.  MA delivered, gave him everything he wanted.  Back at you Lee!!

Not sure it will result in sacking, but it will leave huge question marks!

If he is not sixth he will be gone. One way or another! The writing is on the wall, LJ saying publicly there have been offers for his services just underlines this.

SL/The BoD have been very clear in there expectations 

.The home form must improve dramatically for us to be realistic contenders. What bothers me is our conversion rate is good, but our creation rate is awful. Buying another forward who gets no service is questionable if you don’t bring in a bloke that will give it to him...

Archived