IGNORED

Time for a change of keeper?

brady bunch

1 minute ago, brady bunch said:

Not the only poor performer tonight, but he has gone to this odd slapping of the ball mode, got away with it just in the last few games, but not tonight.... 

what did Nikki Manpaa do wrong? Give Bentley a break for a few games please....

Eh? 

The problems are in the middle and top end of the pitch.

Bentley has given away important goals recently by parrying the ball back to players and not catching it, he did it tonight and did it in a very recent game. I'm not seeing him better than Nicky at the moment and he doesn't  command even his six yard box. I'd give him a rest.

Having said that, we still don't look like creating anything, and watching the team at home is a bit of a chore. If I didn't have an SC I would seriously think about not attending.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

At fault for 1st goal but he has saved us so many times this season

Not really sure he could anything more than parry the shot, at fault was actually Williams who broke the line and played the two Birmingham players hoping for a parry onside. Not ot mention Hunt who gave the ball away in the first place and failed to react to getting in an interception when the Birmingham player had a heavy touch.

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Bentley has given away important goals recently by parrying the ball back to players and not catching it, he did it tonight and did it in a very recent game. I'm not seeing him better than Nicky at the moment and he doesn't  command even his six yard box. I'd give him a rest.

Having said that, we still don't look like creating anything, and watching the team at home is a bit of a chore. If I didn't have an SC I would seriously think about not attending.

Thats how I see him. He's got away with a fair few errors by dropping crosses . Parrys a lot more shots than nikki does who I can't remember really making any howlers last season. Just injuries were his main problem. I've said to friends Bentley reminds me a bit of Pickford. 

8 minutes ago, Offside said:

He probably could have done better with the first goal but there was a whole catalogue of errors from other players as well.

Overall I’ve been impressed with Bentley so far. 

Massengo I think could've closed down the Birmingham player as well 

44 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Not the only poor performer tonight, but he has gone to this odd slapping of the ball mode, got away with it just in the last few games, but not tonight.... 

what did Nikki Manpaa do wrong? Give Bentley a break for a few games please....

Look elsewhere mate. 
Right back and central midfield. 
Don’t you worry about our keeper. He’s just fine. 

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Not really sure he could anything more than parry the shot, at fault was actually Williams who broke the line and played the two Birmingham players hoping for a parry onside. Not ot mention Hunt who gave the ball away in the first place and failed to react to getting in an interception when the Birmingham player had a heavy touch.

Spot on.

He has the most saves of the championship keepers (maybe wrong,although it's high) but with our MF you can see why.We seem to let teams play through us right up to the edge of our area then it's down to the central defenders or keeper to sort it out.I just don't think our midfielders are good enough for upper levels of the championship.

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

He has the most saves of the championship keepers (maybe wrong,although it's high) but with our MF you can see why.We seem to let teams play through us right up to the edge of our area then it's down to the central defenders or keeper to sort it out.I just don't think our midfielders are good enough for upper levels of the championship.

Bang on. Midfield is weak as piss. Has been all season. 
It’s not just Massengo (who’s getting the stick tonight). I don’t wanna pick on him, he’s very young and needs a strong partner to coach him through games. 
Korey is good at certain things but poor and indecisive on the ball. 
Nagy is a bit of a headless chicken, lots of running about but little quality. 
Massengo can’t pick a pass and dawdles too much. He also is a lot slower than he looks. His running style makes him look quick and busy but he’s often outpaced. 
Midfield is very very weak at the moment. 
Hopefully this Henriksen can offer something different. By Christ it’s needed! 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Midfield is very very weak at the moment

It has been most of the season and is even weaker now with JB going.We have a player on our books that had rave reviews playing in the Euro qualifiers and will probably going to the finals,he also kept Ethan Ampadu out of the side to play in a must win game and was outstanding.We were seemingly in for Ampadu but RB Leipzig wouldn't release him.Personally I feel he's a better player than KS who has been a shadow of the player he was before the injury he had.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Bang on. Midfield is weak as piss. Has been all season. 
It’s not just Massengo (who’s getting the stick tonight). I don’t wanna pick on him, he’s very young and needs a strong partner to coach him through games. 
Korey is good at certain things but poor and indecisive on the ball. 
Nagy is a bit of a headless chicken, lots of running about but little quality. 
Massengo can’t pick a pass and dawdles too much. He also is a lot slower than he looks. His running style makes him look quick and busy but he’s often outpaced. 
Midfield is very very weak at the moment. 
Hopefully this Henriksen can offer something different. By Christ it’s needed! 

I wouldn't say Korey is poor on the ball. Was so good in recent away games. Was one of our best players tonight too imo. Think he had too much to do at times tonight with Pato and Massengo often playing too far forward and we had so little to defend and help our defence.

Archived