IGNORED

Time for a change of keeper?

brady bunch

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wouldn't say Korey is poor on the ball. Was so good in recent away games. Was one of our best players tonight too imo. Think he had too much to do at times tonight with Pato and Massengo often playing too far forward and we had so little to defend and help our defence.

LJ said as much afterwards.

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No he wasn’t 

Well Hunt started a string of crap play by trying to play a first time pass instead of killing the ball. The pass to him was crap to start, can't rememeber who played it...  Let's face it, our team defending tonight was shocking, and Bentley would be one of the last names on my naughty list tonight. Bentley is an excellent keeper, why the hell would you bugger about changing your number 1?

Thought he was playing great until Millwall at home when he suddenly seemed to lose his confidence in claiming crosses, set pieces etc. I can't remember the last time I saw him actually catch a cross, if he gets there first he tends to give it a punch away, which obviously there are times when that is the best thing to do.  I still think he is a bloody good keeper, and 4 clean sheets prior to tonight would  back that up, but he does seem to have a bit of a lack of confidence with high balls into a crowded  box.

11 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

It has been most of the season and is even weaker now with JB going.We have a player on our books that had rave reviews playing in the Euro qualifiers and will probably going to the finals,he also kept Ethan Ampadu out of the side to play in a must win game and was outstanding.We were seemingly in for Ampadu but RB Leipzig wouldn't release him.Personally I feel he's a better player than KS who has been a shadow of the player he was before the injury he had.

He only kept Ampadu out because Ampadu wasn’t match fit. He’s played more international games than senior club games, Hopefully come the summer we mount a good go at signing Ampadu. 

Our midfield was weak today and has been for a while, I would be asking Cisse to bring his boots on Wednesday.

Bentley's command of the box is non-existant; he flaps more than flappy. He may be a decent shot-stopper but he's become an overall liability. He partially contributed to all 3 goals tonight via his indecision, lack of authority and poor decision making.

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Bentley's command of the box is non-existant; he flaps more than flappy. He may be a decent shot-stopper but he's become an overall liability. He partially contributed to all 3 goals tonight via his indecision, lack of authority and poor decision making.

?

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I wouldn't say Korey is poor on the ball. Was so good in recent away games. Was one of our best players tonight too imo. Think he had too much to do at times tonight with Pato and Massengo often playing too far forward and we had so little to defend and help our defence.

Gave away to many silly needless mistakes seems to pass sideways alot more then before aswell 

7 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Not the only poor performer tonight, but he has gone to this odd slapping of the ball mode, got away with it just in the last few games, but not tonight.... 

what did Nikki Manpaa do wrong? Give Bentley a break for a few games please....

He has saved us many times this season. I think he did OK. It’s the other 9 in front of him that need to step up their commitment as only one other that makes up the 11 played his heart out and that’s Fam

12 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Bentley has given away important goals recently by parrying the ball back to players and not catching it, he did it tonight and did it in a very recent game. I'm not seeing him better than Nicky at the moment and he doesn't  command even his six yard box. I'd give him a rest.

Having said that, we still don't look like creating anything, and watching the team at home is a bit of a chore. If I didn't have an SC I would seriously think about not attending.

What are you on about ?

we've just won 4 games on the trot without conceding for the first time in 30 years.

I'm just glad that you don't make a bigger decision than what pants you wear 

6 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

What are you on about ?

I should think that's obvious. But not if you cant see it. We constantly are defending on the goal line, and if Bentley insists on parrying the ball there will be an opposition player ready to have it bounce off his foot into the net. We play like a team scrapping for points to avoid relegation.

11 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Clueless

13 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Not the only poor performer tonight, but he has gone to this odd slapping of the ball mode, got away with it just in the last few games, but not tonight.... 

what did Nikki Manpaa do wrong? Give Bentley a break for a few games please....

100% correct.....Bentley not what I would say breeding confidence within those in front of him..too much 'showman' stuff going on.

Nikki very solid,,unspectacular,,,, no need to be looking over your shoulder if he's between the sticks.

17 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I should think that's obvious. But not if you cant see it. We constantly are defending on the goal line, and if Bentley insists on parrying the ball there will be an opposition player ready to have it bounce off his foot into the net. We play like a team scrapping for points to avoid relegation.

So, what important goals has DB given away recently ?

Hes the goalkeeper, its where his part of the game is played, apart from Kiko at Leeds nobody has more clean sheets in the championship this season.

BCs problems aren't at the back, the problem is in our style of play.

First goal was down to Hunt giving the ball away and then despite being favourite to win a 50/50 when the ball broke loose decided to stand off whilst the Birmingham midfield waltzed through us for the umpteenth time.

Weimann was obviously at fault for the second albeit however unfortunate it was

Benkovic was brushed aside for the third as though he wasnt there...suprised how weak he looked but Jutkiwiecz is the probably the best of his kind in the league so hopefully this was the exception and not the rule or he will be very exposed in this league.

How anyone can blame Bentley for any of the goals last night is beyond me?

12 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Thought he was playing great until Millwall at home when he suddenly seemed to lose his confidence in claiming crosses, set pieces etc. I can't remember the last time I saw him actually catch a cross, if he gets there first he tends to give it a punch away, which obviously there are times when that is the best thing to do.  I still think he is a bloody good keeper, and 4 clean sheets prior to tonight would  back that up, but he does seem to have a bit of a lack of confidence with high balls into a crowded  box.

Must of dreamt the couple of corners he came out and caught last night then.

23 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

the problem is in our style of play.

I agree with you there.

Part of our style of play is to defend on the goal line, Bentley doesn't control his 6 yard box, makes some great saves, but does parry the ball when he should do more than that. I cant remember the game relatively recently where he parried back into play and into the following up players path and conceded directly due to that. There have been other occasions where similar has happened.

He didn't shout on that Weimann own goal from what I can see.

I'm not as critical of him as people around me were about that.

It's not certain he would have got there before Hogan who was behind Weimann. 

Mainly Weimann's fault imo. It was a very good cross but weimann should just head it up in the air preferably away from goal or over his own bar.

18 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well Hunt started a string of crap play by trying to play a first time pass instead of killing the ball. The pass to him was crap to start, can't rememeber who played it...  Let's face it, our team defending tonight was shocking, and Bentley would be one of the last names on my naughty list tonight. Bentley is an excellent keeper, why the hell would you bugger about changing your number 1?

Plus dasilva’s lazy attempt of closing down. Then the shot that very cleverly , Hogan ran across Bentley , about a foot in front of him so he didn’t see it until very later . Really do wonder what some people watch sometimes. I reckon they just ball watch but don’t  watch the game itself 

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He didn't shout on that Weimann own goal from what I can see.

In addition he was waiting to PUNCH the ball away had Weimann not headed it. 

PUNCH, what for any other keeper in this division would have been a routine catch. He's been like it for yonks and our defence has no confidence in him being able to collect routine balls, that's why there's so much panic at the back.

Flappy for the first which he should have cleared, entered no-mans-land for the third. He comes and claims it else stays on his line and either way they don't score. He does neither, putting himself non-commital in the only position whereby they are able to finish.

Yes he stops shots, but I think we've better options at the club.

Here's their second. He commands his six yard box, comes to collect, they don't score. Save he's scared to come, claim and catch. As he only ever punches that leaves us vulnerable should he miscue, so he stays rooted. He's clear site if the ball. Big shout 'keepers' and anybody touches him it's a free kick. But he doesn't.

Screenshot_20200209-001627.jpg

Archived