IGNORED

Home Form

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

There was a post in the match day thread that gave some incorrect statistics, but even the correct ones don’t make great reading and give credence to those with doubts or even more definitive thoughts on LJ’s tenure.

So, season, wins/number of matches at home (league only)

15/16: 4/8

16/17: 11/23

17/18: 11/23

18/19: 8/23

19/20: 6/15

That totals 40/93 with the trend getting worse.  It’s frustrating to watch at home and not improving,  my eyes and the figures back that up, if those who cannot see why some are doubting LJ is the man to take us forward, these figures won’t convince you, especially if these performances don’t.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

There was a post in the match day thread that gave some incorrect statistics, but even the correct ones don’t make great reading and give credence to those with doubts or even more definit thoughts on LJ’s tenure.

18/19: 9/23

That totals 41/93 with the trend getting worse.  It’s frustrating to watch at home and not improving,  my eyes and the figures back that up, if those who cannot see why some are doubting LJ is the man to take us forward, these figures won’t convince you, especially if these performances don’t.

Its not just the results. But the performance. Especially this season at home has been so bad. There has to be a point where blame surely has to lie with LJ, his setup, tactically.

Its all very well and good saying how the fans have to be up for it and be the "12 man" but when you are there and watching us play like that? When you know the team is better then that. It costs a ******* fortune watching us, especially if you don't live locally, and you wanna make a day/night of it. 

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

There was a post in the match day thread that gave some incorrect statistics, but even the correct ones don’t make great reading and give credence to those with doubts or even more definit thoughts on LJ’s tenure.

18/19: 9/23

That totals 41/93 with the trend getting worse.  It’s frustrating to watch at home and not improving,  my eyes and the figures back that up, if those who cannot see why some are doubting LJ is the man to take us forward, these figures won’t convince you, especially if these performances don’t.

FYI @Monkeh

Can someone explain why it matters which ground we get the points from ? We are 6th. Why does it matter ?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

FYI @Monkeh

Can someone explain why it matters which ground we get the points from ? We are 6th. Why does it matter ?

Because it’s not all about points for some of us, we’d like to enjoy a game and I struggle to remember enjoying home games.  That has to be down to the Manager, he coaches the players, he picks the game plans, he picks the team, he gives the dressing room talk, he makes (or doesn’t) the subs, it lies in his lap and no one else’s.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Because it’s not all about points for some of us, we’d like to enjoy a game and I struggle to remember enjoying home games.  That has to be down to the Manager, he coaches the players, he picks the game plans, he picks the team, he gives the dressing room talk, he makes (or doesn’t) the subs, it lies in his lap and no one else’s

precisely this! Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Because it’s not all about points for some of us, we’d like to enjoy a game and I struggle to remember enjoying home games.  That has to be down to the Manager, he coaches the players, he picks the game plans, he picks the team, he gives the dressing room talk, he makes (or doesn’t) the subs, it lies in his lap and no one else’s.

Away games are great!

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

FYI @Monkeh

Because an average of a thousand people watch away games, and an average of 20K pay hundreds, sometimes thousands of pounds on watching the team at the gate. That's why people get cross. 

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

FYI @Monkeh

A pretty dumb question tbh. Circa 20x the people pay good money to watch home matches where our attempts at breaking down all but the weakest sides in this league are so bad it’s embarrassing.

LJ has built a squad that can scrap wins against ANYONE away from home but can only turn over the rubbish in this league at home. We are one dimensional in that we can only hit teams on the counter because we don’t have the players to dominate possession.

I would have thought that was obvious and why there is clear frustration from fans who attend home games regularly. As I’ve said before if the result and league position means everything to the detriment of enjoying football I’ll save plenty of cash and order a Sunday paper every week.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

FYI @Monkeh

Thought that was blatantly bleeding obvious,any team would blatantly expect to have a go at home and then scrape a few away wins,the problem we got is we play the same way if we are home or away and that will end in tear because we won’t keep picking up results away and sure won’t start picking them up at home with this negative style 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

A pretty dumb question tbh. Circa 20x the people pay good money to watch home matches where our attempts at breaking down all but the weakest sides in this league are so bad it’s embarrassing.

LJ has built a squad that can scrap wins against ANYONE away from home but can only turn over the rubbish in this league at home. We are one dimensional in that we can only hit teams on the counter because we don’t have the players to dominate possession.

I would have thought that was obvious and why there is clear frustration from fans who attend home games regularly. As I’ve said before if the result and league position means everything to the detriment of enjoying football I’ll save plenty of cash and order a Sunday paper every week.

And yet some want Warnock. Funny old game 

13 minutes ago, KevP said:

Home form is boring, sideways, negative shite. Judging by the mass exit when the 3rd joke of a goal went in most feel the same. It's almost as if they dont want to go up....oh hang on...

I rarely go to home games. Got offered tonight but knew what kind of performance I'd be watching sat in the cold for 2+ hours 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

That’s up to them. LJ will be judged by me at the end of season not every time we lose but at the moment the home form is not helping my view of him tbh. Is he a one trick pony who will nearly but never quite get the job done? Watching a team play on the counter every home game is no for me unfortunately.

I understand not changing an unbeaten side but at half time Weimann should have come off for Wells at half time , due to a very poor first half . 

To defensive in midfield one sitting back and one to link , is a must at home , unless the opposition have real threat in our final 3rd . 

But let’s stick by Johnson until end of season . A playoff place is a great place to be , but we must finish in top 6 . Let’s see where we finish

Coyr 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I doubt you will find many, if any who do, there were some that proposed he might be worth a shot from Jan until the end of the season, but I cannot recall anyone proposing him as a long term solution.  No point in changing the Manager now and it isn’t going to happen barring some unforeseen scandal.

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

FYI @Monkeh

Because we've got to sit and watch it and it's shit. 

Myself and my son have missed a few home games this season and we've seen 2 wins in 7 months. We both walked out of the ground tonight and said to each other "no more".

I don't care if we're 6th or 60th, we won't be returning until a concerted effort is made to get the home performances to an acceptable level.

Serious question then - why are the home attendances increasing, even though the ticket prices are more expensive than ever?

The price of football and the food and drink are too high for me, so I only get to see about 1 home game every 5 weeks; I always wish tickets could be cheaper, but see that the attendances are going up so this will never happen.

What is attracting all the fans if the games are generally so poor?

I think you are being overly negative because of the result.

The press in the first 15 mins was working well.

if we had a decent defensive right back we would not have conceded the first.

AW misses a good chance.

we then pull HNM much deeper which disrupts the high press which Birmingham struggled with and they come back in the game.

Even if Fam had put that home we would have drawn.

it was poor individual performances even JD was far from his best tonight.

7 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Because we've got to sit and watch it and it's shit. 

Myself and my son have missed a few home games this season and we've seen 2 wins in 7 months. We both walked out of the ground tonight and said to each other "no more".

I don't care if we're 6th or 60th, we won't be returning until a concerted effort is made to get the home performances to an acceptable level.

The Brentford debacle was the last straw for us, left at half time. The football served up at home under Lee Johnson for the last 18 months has been horrendous. 

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

AW misses a good chance.

we then pull HNM much deeper which disrupts the high press which Birmingham struggled with and they come back in the game.

It's not to do with this result, it is the accumulation of piss poor football at home for two seasons.

5 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

AW misses a good chance.

Huh? Birmingham dominated the game and were worthy winners! Brum could've scored 5!

It’s so frustrating, because away from home Johnson clearly has it nailed. This is a tough tough division, and I expect that away from home Johnson’s record is up there with some of the best that have managed anyone in this league let alone Bristol city, and for that reason alone he deserves to stay. But at home we look clueless and devoid of confidence and he seems to have no idea how to change it. No matter the opposition we cannot get into a pattern of play and dominate a team. As soon as he cracks that we’ll be laughing. I do fear that even though on paper it looks a great transfer window, he’ll now need his 20 odd games to figure out his best team again.
I’m confident that we’ll be promoted before we’re relegated under Johnson but it won’t be this season or any time soon.

better the devil you know I think. Chopping and changing the manger is not the answer, and some of the names banded around are a joke. 

Posted in the match day thread that LJ has won 40 of 105 home league games with a 38% win rate. Is that good/bad I don't know as you have to take the context of the strength of teams we have played into consideration as well.

Strike that I miscounted I believe its 40 from 95 not 105. So 42% wins.

9 minutes ago, city1983 said:

It’s so frustrating, because away from home Johnson clearly has it nailed. This is a tough tough division, and I expect that away from home Johnson’s record is up there with some of the best that have managed anyone in this league let alone Bristol city, and for that reason alone he deserves to stay. But at home we look clueless and devoid of confidence and he seems to have no idea how to change it. No matter the opposition we cannot get into a pattern of play and dominate a team. As soon as he cracks that we’ll be laughing. I do fear that even though on paper it looks a great transfer window, he’ll now need his 20 odd games to figure out his best team again.
I’m confident that we’ll be promoted before we’re relegated under Johnson but it won’t be this season or any time soon.

better the devil you know I think. Chopping and changing the manger is not the answer, and some of the names banded around are a joke. 

I’d rather watch an episode of Love Island than watch us at home. Turgid stuff!

Archived