IGNORED

Odds on Weimann starting against Derby

old_eastender

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Place your odds, I reckon despite tonight's woeful performance and indeed several weeks of seeming well below par, he will start again and if anybody is left out to accommodate Wells starting it will be Fammy!

Might start at right wing back.... because thats where you play a striker apparently

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Place your odds, I reckon despite tonight's woeful performance and indeed several weeks of seeming well below par, he will start again and if anybody is left out to accommodate Wells starting it will be Fammy!

I’m struggling to understand/ remember  what he brings at the moment to the side . Part of that is feeling disappointed after that game but he can’t help it if LJ keeps him on either.!

That chance first half I just knew it was going high and wide. 

Then later in the half he cut inside into a great crossing position, but did a terrible shot high and wide.

I said the other day Weimann should be instructed to never shoot from distance because he has no power and little accuracy.

Also he runs away a lot. Doesn't seem to want the ball at his feet unless he's ran out wide.

First half there was a very promising break and he was in the middle of the pitch 10 or so yards in front of Korey who had the ball.

Clearly he was the one to pass to, and I'm sure Korey was going to do that. But Weimann then decided to run away to the left to hide in amongst Birmingham players, when he was in space in a good position for a pass.

I don't get why he can't ever show for the ball like Pato does.

I thought he was going to be on the bench last night, but obviously he started. Then I thought he would be one of our first to be subbed off after HT, but then the OG happened and I guess LJ didn’t want to scapegoat him ( not that that usually matters). 

I like his effort and running, but don’t like that he often seems to be playing his own game in his head and there is little end product that he brings to the team. It’s not his fault that he is moved around all over the pitch, but I thought we got our subs all wrong last night. He added to our disjointed performance, especially in the second half, but he wasn’t the cause of it. He probably needs a rest, but shouldn’t feel disgraced. Not many came out with much credit from me.

He’s clearly not a bad player and I think is a victim of being a willing runner. That means LJ will play him on the wing where he’s looked ineffective. 

I think he could be good coming off the bench running at a tiring defence - as a forward though. Hopefully he’s on the bench this week with Wells getting a start.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s clearly not a bad player and I think is a victim of being a willing runner. That means LJ will play him on the wing where he’s looked ineffective. 

I think he could be good coming off the bench running at a tiring defence - as a forward though. Hopefully he’s on the bench this week with Wells getting a start.

He’s a hell of a moaner though, I bet LJ won’t fancy telling him he is benched! ?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

LJ selected the same starting 11 in 4 consecutive matches. That seems a little predictable to me.

Wow RR 4 matches the same.......tell me as someone who has followed City as long as me do you honestly think that FOUR games consecutive with same start is something of a record, predictability was in AD days when you need not buy a programme as you KNEW the line up.............that was predictable

7 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Wow RR 4 matches the same.......tell me as someone who has followed City as long as me do you honestly think that FOUR games consecutive with same start is something of a record, predictability was in AD days when you need not buy a programme as you KNEW the line up.............that was predictable

Apart from the fact  that we haven’t been unchanged for 4 games!!  I accept that Brownhill’s sale enforced the only change.

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I actually reckon LJ will go with Weimann and Wells up top against Derby and return to the 352 that we saw earlier in the season.

Think it’s a decent option and play fam away from home . We need to play through teams. Mind you with that midfield last night it wouldn’t matter 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Apart from the fact  that we haven’t been unchanged for 4 games!!  I accept that Brownhill’s sale enforced the only change.

My point Dave was our coach has been accused of tinkering to get the right team and if HE has to do that, that is his option but 4 games unchanged isnt a world record. Most successful clubs are that way because consistency with right players in their right positions allows the players to know how their team plays, its not a new idea. You cant keep blaming players leaving on lack of abilities on the field. 

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

My point Dave was our coach has been accused of tinkering to get the right team and if HE has to do that, that is his option but 4 games unchanged isnt a world record. Most successful clubs are that way because consistency with right players in their right positions allows the players to know how their team plays, its not a new idea. You cant keep blaming players leaving on lack of abilities on the field. 

More responding to whoever you were responding to. ??

Archived