IGNORED

Why the **** is Nakhi Wells on the bench?

Lez

One of the best strikers in the league, opportunity for his full debut against a side towards the bottom of the table under the lights.....and LJ cant find a place for him in the starting xi due to Andy Weimann.

A good player, a player who was signed when we were looking to consolidate and establish ourselves as championship regulars.....we are now pushing for promotion.....he should not be starting at home, he does not offer enough at home.

LJ you've got your signing and you had the chance to be brave and you fluffed it.....you got the man you wanted and he should be starting at home against a poor side.....Weimann wasnt working before so why would it suddenly now.

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Because we won 4 on the bounce. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If he changed it and we lost he would be getting abused for changing a winning side..

Have you seen weimann have an impact this season at home? It was the safe option the one he always goes for at home that never works.

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Because we won 4 on the bounce. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If he changed it and we lost he would be getting abused for changing a winning side..

He wouldn’t have. I think 99.9% of fans would totally understand if Wells started ahead of Weimann tonight. 
It’s a fair comment that we won 4 in a row. But Wells for Weimann was the easiest thing to do to that winning team. 

5 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

one things for sure he will start on Wednesday 

5 million quid's worth, on fire this season, but he has to wait because we survived the Alamo at QPR the other day? No, not for me. Bad mistake tonight, LJ.

It’s ok to say we won four on the bounce. But it’s far to say we have still been pretty shit during these wins and everyone could see where we needed to optimise tonight. Wells should have started instead of Weimann. Henriksen should have played instead of Massengo.

Hopefully we will see these changes come Wednesday.

100% agree, Wells had to start tonight.  When I saw the team sheet with AW instead, I was very surprised and disappointed.

Lee simply had to play Wells instead of AW - a mistake made - and shows that Lee is too nice to his players.  I bet he didn't want to upset AW.

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

It’s ok to say we won four on the bounce. But it’s far to say we have still been pretty shit during these wins and everyone could see where we needed to optimise tonight. Wells should have started instead of Weimann. Henriksen should have played instead of Massengo.

Hopefully we will see these changes come Wednesday.

Bang on the money,probably the easiest of decisions he could have made that would have got the crowd buzzing and given NW a good home debut.I fail to see what AW brings to the side apart from the fact that he chases about..........Tonight he had a shocker,passing,shooting and heading were awful..........and he stayed on.

14 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Yep, had he changed it then the same people would have spouted on about his 'tombola'.

And I agree with you, about Wednesday in that I think Wells will start.

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Bang on the money,probably the easiest of decisions he could have made that would have got the crowd buzzing and given NW a good home debut.I fail to see what AW brings to the side apart from the fact that he chases about..........Tonight he had a shocker,passing,shooting and heading were awful..........and he stayed on.

Weimann has been like this for a while. It’s all too predictable. Somehow to Johnson, it’s not.

23 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Perhaps change your name to Lee_Johnson_is_god or maybe take your tongue out of his arse for a day or two 

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The sad thing is. The way LJ sets us up. I cant see Wells being very effective. We have zero creativity.

I agree with this. The only way Wells will be effective, if that Kasey Palmer is on the pitch. 

Smith, Nagy and Massengo are 3 tentative midfielders. They don’t play with freedom and lack creativity.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I agree with this. The only way Wells will be effective, if that Kasey Palmer is on the pitch. 

Smith, Nagy and Massengo are 3 tentative midfielders. They don’t play with freedom and lack creativity.

Nagy has the ability to dictate play and push us forward. Him and Paterson I can see working well together. Need him back on form though.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yep. But for whatever reason though. Palmer isn't the answer for LJ though. So I don't really see where any creativity will come from. 

In many ways a defeat was good.

LJ has many good attributes but his major weakness has always been making the tough decisions over certain players - Wiemann, Brownhill, Paterson, Pack etc etc have all benefitted over the years from continuous stating berth when at the time it clearly wasn’t justified.

Picking the same team because we were winning is weakness - you pick the best team for the opposition, conditions, work in training etc always.

The lightweight team picked today was never going to compete with the height and physicality of a well drilled Birmingham team.

11 minutes ago, Lez said:

Nagy has the ability to dictate play and push us forward. Him and Paterson I can see working well together. Need him back on form though.

I haven’t seen anything from Adam Nagy to suggest he can dictate play. Apart from his debut, he’s been average at best.

Whilst I certainly don't want Lee sacked and feel he is doing a good job, this really pisses me off today.  I'd like to hear a journalist ask him why he didn't start Wells this evening.

I sometimes wish he could be over-ruled when he makes a stupid decision with his team selection.  Would love it if SL could have said to him before the match, "Lee, just had a little butchers at the team sheet, and um, we can all see Weiman has been crap for a few months, and we've just bought you one of the league's most dangerous strikers, so, um, do you think you could put him in the bloody team please ... now?"

"Ok, yes boss, no worries, boss," says Lee, tail between his legs.

End result?  Nakhi Wells, still brimming with confidence, wants to impress his new fans and tears into Birmingham from the off, scoring a couple of goals in the process.

Oh well, guess we'll never know.

46 minutes ago, Lez said:

Have you seen weimann have an impact this season at home? It was the safe option the one he always goes for at home that never works.

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

He wouldn’t have. I think 99.9% of fans would totally understand if Wells started ahead of Weimann tonight. 
It’s a fair comment that we won 4 in a row. But Wells for Weimann was the easiest thing to do to that winning team. 

So, in the space of three posts, we have 'Weimann was the safe option" and "Wells was the easy option". Damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

It was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to change not just a winning side but 4 wins on the trot side. In hindsight, if Wells had started in place of Weimann we'd have probably set up more effectively behind the front two than we did when he came on. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

52 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

There are two ways of looking at this. One is, never change a winning team. The other is always pick your strongest team. I’d always go for the latter option. Good mangers do the same as there is no sentiment in football if you want to be a winner 

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You seriously think Perreira is better than Hunt ?

RB position should have been addressed in the summer. Perreira will be better player than Hunt, no question.

But we don’t have time for potential. There are better options out there than Jack Hunt.

Archived