IGNORED

Why the **** is Nakhi Wells on the bench?

Lez

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I haven’t seen anything from Adam Nagy to suggest he can dictate play. Apart from his debut, he’s been average at best.

I've said this before and Lez said "anyone who can't see nagy is head and shoulders our best player doesn't know anything about football" he then went onto say he was one of the best players in the championship. Bizarre opinion I have to say, I hope nagy gets back to his form from his first couple of games but he's been poor imo.

21 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

From where did you get your knowledge of Henriksen's fitness???

Just interested!

Henriksen has played 389 minutes of football this season. Over 5 matches, all for Norway in the Euro qualifiers. Zero in the Championship. His last game was on Monday November 18th, 80 days ago. We've sold an ever present and replaced him with a loanee who can't be match fit. Why? And how long until he's ready? Was it worth the risk?

2 minutes ago, Packman said:

I've said this before and Lez said "anyone who can't see nagy is head and shoulders our best player doesn't know anything about football" he then went onto say he was one of the best players in the championship. Bizarre opinion I have to say, I hope nagy gets back to his form from his first couple of games but he's been poor imo.

Probably confidence but at the moment, Nagy looks out of his depth to me.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Probably confidence but at the moment, Nagy looks out of his depth to me.

I agree, maybe the injury and feeling homesick took a bit out of him, fingers crossed the new loan signing can get up to speed quickly, because we are looking weak in midfield.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm just shocked most on this forum now don't rate Weimann! I thought many thought he is our best or most important player.

Since when? Even if they did he was awful tonight. He should of come off at half time. We spent millions on Wells. Its about time Johnson stopped with this favouritism bullshit. 

28 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Sad that I can’t praise a bloke for doing a good job overall. Just funny that when we are on a winning streak this forum is quiet and then we lose one game and tossers like you all come flooding in.

It’s just boring mate, we’ve just watched our team play awful football for the umpteenth time this season. It’s a sort of therapy to come on here and vent frustrations, so to be told constantly that Lee Johnson is a legend after every game of dross gets very tiresome.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

The sad thing is. The way LJ sets us up. I cant see Wells being very effective. We have zero creativity.

Palmer can be pretty creative... 

Edit = must learn to read the WHOLE thread first... As just seen this has been pointed out already! 

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Starting Wells wouldn’t have made much difference- maybe his class would have given us a bit of luck but midfield yet again was the problem- too slow and sideways lacking creativity 

Reckon Wells would have buried the chance Weimann blazed over on about 5 minutes, and at 2-0 up that could have made all the difference.

The problem with midfield was, just like first half at QPR, Massengo was playing far too high up the pitch, Eliasson was hugging the touchline waiting in vain for someone to pass to him and Weimann was just doing his road runner routine with no impact - all leaving Korey effectively battling on his own in CM.

Major mistake by LJ not to start Wells and ideally Henrickson (if not fit enough Nagy) instead of Massengo against a physically strong Brum midfield.

8 hours ago, Redpool said:

It’s ok to say we won four on the bounce. But it’s far to say we have still been pretty shit during these wins and everyone could see where we needed to optimise tonight. Wells should have started instead of Weimann. Henriksen should have played instead of Massengo.

Hopefully we will see these changes come Wednesday.

Henriksen probably isn’t match fit or even close hence why Nagy came on. 

I understand the rationale of why managers don’t change winning teams, but would’ve wanted to see Wells for Weimann too.

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Anyone hear the pre-match interview (not sure when it was recorded) where Johnson said we have to be careful not to over-coach Nahki Wells? 

An interesting admission that we have been over-complicating things a tad?

Probably more that Wells is a player we’ve bought in who’s in his prime and probably can’t/doesn’t need to learn much more.

We usually bring in players who have development potential who need a fair bit of coaching.

Also, Wells is a very instinctive sort of striker and if you overcoach players like him he could overthink and stop doing what he’s good at.

8 hours ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Yep, had he changed it then the same people would have spouted on about his 'tombola'.

And I agree with you, about Wednesday in that I think Wells will start.

I don’t necessarily agree , we are , so say , aiming for top two ! We know that we are not converting enough chances and so bought a championship finisher to propel us to the next level.

Of course Famara and Andi give something to the team but clinical strikers they are not . 

Something had to give and last night was a great time to rest Andi , who had a ‘ dead leg ‘ , and introduce this top finisher that we have coveted for so many years. 

Big , big , opportunity missed , yet again, last night and the head coach is responsible. 

9 hours ago, Lez said:

One of the best strikers in the league, opportunity for his full debut against a side towards the bottom of the table under the lights.....and LJ cant find a place for him in the starting xi due to Andy Weimann.

A good player, a player who was signed when we were looking to consolidate and establish ourselves as championship regulars.....we are now pushing for promotion.....he should not be starting at home, he does not offer enough at home.

LJ you've got your signing and you had the chance to be brave and you fluffed it.....you got the man you wanted and he should be starting at home against a poor side.....Weimann wasnt working before so why would it suddenly now.

Why sign him?

one of the best strikers in the league he may be, but our squad and how we set up are geared nothing to like what he needs and he isn’t going to play a Fammy role.

Upfront was never, ever the issue. 

The midfield has been the issue for months now and we sold our best midfielder in the window.

Given how we set up, we score more than enough goals for the play-offs. We are not set up  to batter teams.

The issue is the, by now, countless mistakes by the midfield/defence, largely induced by an ineffective midfield, Bentley’s inability to catch balls (as is the modern way) and no attacking pattern to our play.

So, so bad to watch at home and have been for months and  months and months.

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Do you think he was on the bench because he only joined us last week?

Give him a chance to settle down fgs.

Scott Hogan signed for Birmingham on the same day. He seemed to do ok with his new team mates.

8 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Whilst I certainly don't want Lee sacked and feel he is doing a good job, this really pisses me off today.  I'd like to hear a journalist ask him why he didn't start Wells this evening.

I sometimes wish he could be over-ruled when he makes a stupid decision with his team selection.  Would love it if SL could have said to him before the match, "Lee, just had a little butchers at the team sheet, and um, we can all see Weiman has been crap for a few months, and we've just bought you one of the league's most dangerous strikers, so, um, do you think you could put him in the bloody team please ... now?"

"Ok, yes boss, no worries, boss," says Lee, tail between his legs.

End result?  Nakhi Wells, still brimming with confidence, wants to impress his new fans and tears into Birmingham from the off, scoring a couple of goals in the process.

Oh well, guess we'll never know.

You want SL to start picking the team? Ridiculous.

Archived