IGNORED

Why the **** is Nakhi Wells on the bench?

Lez

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As he dribbles whilst Still tapping furiously at his keyboard  ?

Classy 

What a melt

Brilliant

Is that the best you can do ?

You truly are pathetic. How you manage to come on here day after day reading your own embarrassing posts amazes me. 

Its all about attention isn’t it. I.e you get some (probably unlike real life). 

Ill leave you to your own shit show. 

On 09/02/2020 at 14:10, Spike said:

And reported in numerous other places as deals totalling £8m. Even if the £3m is correct that is £3m on an 18 year old that just doesn't seem to fit into the starting 11. The expectations that came with him were and still are huge, LJ simply isn't getting the best out of him. 

He has said in a recent press interview that he is delighted to be at City and is playing much more than he thought he would so I don’t think we should be expecting world beating performances from the lad just yet. 

Who is LJ getting the best out of ? 

Concerning the fee wouldn’t it be in the interest of Monaco and other French media to ‘ big up ‘ the fee to show how great French football is ? 

That they didn’t, indicates to me that talk of 8 million is way wide of the mark .

We will never know for certain but I doubt that City would have broken their transfer record to sign an 18 year old kid with a handful of first team games under his belt . 

18 hours ago, Nibor said:

Not really, all he had to do was win.  What he did was persist with a selection that had scraped through the last few games, left out the striker we've been begging for since September and watched us put in an absolute steaming turd of a performance going forward.  If he'd played Wells up front and we'd lost I very much doubt anybody would have criticised him for not starting Weiman.

Spot on. 

On 09/02/2020 at 13:10, Spike said:

And reported in numerous other places as deals totalling £8m. Even if the £3m is correct that is £3m on an 18 year old that just doesn't seem to fit into the starting 11. The expectations that came with him were and still are huge, LJ simply isn't getting the best out of him. 

We saw him fit in earlier this season, with Brownhill and Palmer....predominantly where we played a back 3/5 (532 / 5212).  Agree that expectations are huge, and in some respects he got thrown in, it wasn’t the plan.  Think the intensity of English Championship football and training demands have caused a little plateau. I was in a minority that thought he was one of the positives on Friday night. 

9 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

There seems to be an assumption in some of these posts that just starting Wells would've won us the game. He didn't do much when he came on so I'm really not sure what evidence there is that's true. 

Well we will never know but it is ‘ active v reactive ‘ .

Starting NW could have put us on the offensive straight from the off addressing the problem of finishing. 

Weimann missed two good chances before finishing one brilliantly in the wrong net .

Goals win games and NW was bought in as a finisher because we have not been clinical enough in front of goal . Had he started instead of being brought on to chase the game the psychology of the team would have been different.

If , for example, Weimann was brought on as a sub at 60 mins for NW , his energy and motivation would have been off the chart and quite possibly enough to finish off the opponents.

Anyhow , all conjecture, Friday has gone and once again we’ve blown an excellent chance to establish ourselves in the top six and are now playing catch up .

Let’s see what happens tomorrow night against Wayne Rooney’s Circus . Win and we will believe again , lose and I fear another tailspin.

Archived